Bridge Financing after promotion

dactz

I am currently managing Bristol City and I managed to get promoted first season to the Prem. I spent most of my transfer budget and wound up at my worst on -25 million in the bank.

When I checked for the most recent month I spent nearly 100k for 1 month in interest payments (considering this was for a balance increased from  -17 to -11 million in that month would suggest an interest rate of around 10%).

Surely the more sensible decision here for my club would have been to have some for of short term bridge financing of a large portion of the first transfer window budget meaning we never went into the red and could start to make improvements to the rest of the club sooner rather than going negative and paying this high interest rate on the clubs negative balance which ultimately means I cannot make any further improvements to the training and youth facilities until probably March or April as we have this big negative balance.

This is something I know Andrea Radrizani did at Leeds and I'm sure a number of other clubs do the same.

• 2 weeks later...