Starting 11

I’ve started a new career with Scunthorpe in FMM 23 and something I have noticed, on a match day when teams have been decided I find a couple of things:-

most teams seem to have a player in who has only played a couple of times that season. Usually a star player is dropped from the team, and this is consistent match week to match week. Not because they are injured or out of form (as far as I can tell)

The team I’m playing normally has a player who scores their first goal of the season against me, generally someone who there does not appear to be a good reason for them being added to the starting 11. East to pass off as a coincidence but it happens regularly across the season.

I have noticed this in previous  versions of the game as well. Not sure if it’s a bug or if intentional but it doesn’t seem logical for 80% of managers to leave a star player out on a regular basis etc

I don't know about omission of key players by the opposition managers but players scoring their first goal of the season against my team is something I experience every edition. If Joël Matip scores his first goal of the season against my team, I won't pay attention to that, but it's always the Nathaniel Phillips, Rhys Williams that don't get to play up to 3games a season. I know my clean sheet is in danger when opposition managers sub on this type of players. 

But it's worth saying its not a Football manager thing, I used to experience the same in PES and  EA's FIFA manager mode. Stopped playing both games so don't know if it still occurs in them.

Edited by Gravely Horde
Expansion