Unattached Players - Idiots or Bad Programming

Hey guys just wanting to question whether anyone else finds that unattached players are either stupid or badly programmed.

This stems from my a British Steel challenge attempt where I’m playing as Swansea Uni in the Welsh second division.

Now I understand and completely agree that as an amateur club in a very low reputation league I’m not gonna be attracting high quality players but what I don’t understand is how players that are of National League quality (still better than The Welsh second division) won’t even consider joining my club and the worst part is that a lot of them use the excuse of that it won’t be a good career move when a lot of the players I’ve been trying to get haven’t be signed to a club for over a year and some of them haven’t even made they’re professional debut.

Now I can understand if they’ve just been released or I’ve they’re a high profile player but to have never played a game and to not have been at a club for a year it just seems ridiculous that they wouldn’t want to join a club

On the other hand consider what level your wages are - unless you are based in the local area (given we are talking about an amateur club) - are you really going to uproot your life, your home, your family (if you have one) for an non professional football club (when you will still need an additional job to support your family)?

20 minutes ago, GuitarMan said:

On the other hand consider what level your wages are - unless you are based in the local area (given we are talking about an amateur club) - are you really going to uproot your life, your home, your family (if you have one) for an non professional football club (when you will still need an additional job to support your family)?

The players I’ve been looking at have all been UK based and the majority have been ex Swansea, Cardiff and Newport players (been trying to avoid having to move be an issue)

Again I agree your not going to uproot family and whatnot for an amateur contract but if your local to the area of the club, 18/19 years of age, haven’t played for a club for a year and have no clubs interested in you then surely even an amateur contract is worth it

Edited by Zeonflux