Key Features missing on Console

Thanos Christakopoulos

It's the first time I play the FM on a Console. I have played for many years the PC version. I realize that some key features missing from this version which if they will added to the game will make it very similar to the PC and more realistic.

*Team talks in the beginning of the match not only in the half time and in the end. More options to the team talks, for example take revenge if the previous match with this team was lost.

*Tab with the social groups within the team, team leaders, etc

*Training with week view like PC in order to prepare better the players with a specific training area every week

*Squad selection for the League with all the rules that we have to follow like home grown, etc. It's not realistic to be able to select all your players for the champions league and the domestic league without any rules or limitations at the number of the players.

*Better scouting options and the option how long I want the scout to do the task that I will assign to him. Regions knowledge for the scouting team and actions to expand them. In the majority of cases when I set achievable scouting areas there are no results. 

*Tactics familiarity. If I choose a new tactic it must have been a bar of knowledge of this new tactic in order for the team to learn it perfectly 

*Press Conferences missing 

*More interaction with the players. Promises have to appear more often and have to be a conversation with the player not just a statement in the inbox tab. If a player has the starter role on his contract and I don't use him very often, the player must become unhappy come to me to discuss the issue and find a way to go through this (promise more playtime, transfer etc)

*Also luck of interaction with the players for praises, warnings, propose signings etc.

*FFP (Financial Fair Play) missing. It makes the game less realistic. 

*Players ambition. If one of the top clubs want a player of mine and make a transfer bid and my team reputation isn't good enough for them, the player must become unhappy when I reject the offer and come to me to discuss it.

*When the financial balance is negative (in my save game for example -360 million the 4th year) it's not realistic the board gives you huge transfer budget for the upcoming season (in my save game the same year the 4th with the negative balance -360 million I got transfer budget 80 million)

Edited by Thanos Christakopoulos

100% agree with this... there seems a lot of features missing from Console comapred to PC and tbh cant see why? it certantly cant be becasue the console (PS5/Xbox) cant run them due to specification as none of them are really Graphical or even that space intenseive? 

I wonder if SI will give feedback on this? I was stoked when this was coming to console (PS5) but have been a little under whelmed with the overall experiance if im honest

On 13/02/2023 at 14:14, chrisarmitage1980 said:

100% agree with this... there seems a lot of features missing from Console comapred to PC and tbh cant see why? it certantly cant be becasue the console (PS5/Xbox) cant run them due to specification as none of them are really Graphical or even that space intenseive? 

I wonder if SI will give feedback on this? I was stoked when this was coming to console (PS5) but have been a little under whelmed with the overall experiance if im honest

I was thrilled too when I read the announcement that the game is gonna be released on PS5 and I couldn't wait to play it. But the lack of the above features alongside with other things such as the size of the database makes it very subordinate from the PC edition. Hopefully we will take a feedback from SI at least for the above features that I mentioned.

Edited by Thanos Christakopoulos

• 4 weeks later...

Yes totally agree, they need to stop treating the console version like a dumbed down version. Not everyone can get a gaming PC that's capable of running it. Give all fans of the game the full experience. The next gen consoles are probably better more equipped than some PC and laptops but we don't get the full experience. At least give us the option of full version or current console.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really hope this isn't being considered at all. This a streamlined version, not the full game. Console/Touch doesn't exist to be a copy of Full FM. If you want that experience play on the platform it was intended to. Don't kill Console/Touch please.

• 2 months later...

Team talk? Why?

Extensive Training? Why?

Its one thing i really hate about playing the "full" mode on PC. It takes soooo long to play a full season. I really like this streamlined version on the xbox/ps5.

The only thing i would love to see on the console version is being able to select more leaques than just 10. 

• Administrators

Thank you for the multiple suggestions. As mentioned by some users above the Console version of FM is supposed to be a more streamlined version of the full PC edition.

However, we can put some your idea under consideration for a future FM.