How can I improve my squads.

Hello, I have been finding  that results are not usually too far off the media prediction, I'm just wondering  what I can do to raise our media prediction as after promotion it goes way down to 200-1 as opposed to 20-1 in the season where I won promotion.

And even after signing better players I saw that it actually went down to 300-1 which makes it near impossible to win and compete in a new league.

2 hours ago, trueblue9877 said:

Hello, I have been finding  that results are not usually too far off the media prediction, I'm just wondering  what I can do to raise our media prediction as after promotion it goes way down to 200-1 as opposed to 20-1 in the season where I won promotion.

And even after signing better players I saw that it actually went down to 300-1 which makes it near impossible to win and compete in a new league.

Your odds have nothing to do with how well you’ll perform. I just got promoted from the National League North and was 250-1 to win the National League and predicted to finish stone dead last. I ended up finishing 2nd. The odds are simply there to add a sense of real life to the game as the bookies will also give odds for teams at the start of the season. They’re a complete irrelevance to how well it’s possible for you to do.

35 minutes ago, OrientTillIDie said:

Your odds have nothing to do with how well you’ll perform. I just got promoted from the National League North and was 250-1 to win the National League and predicted to finish stone dead last. I ended up finishing 2nd. The odds are simply there to add a sense of real life to the game as the bookies will also give odds for teams at the start of the season. They’re a complete irrelevance to how well it’s possible for you to do.

I use pre-season expectations as a indicator for how other managers will approach games with you.

If you're 250-1 setting up a counter attacking system can be effective, most teams will be bringing the game to you home and away. Once your reputation goes up you'll have to start worry about other teams setting up not to lose against you. 

Edited by Cloud9

20 hours ago, Cloud9 said:

I use pre-season expectations as a indicator for how other managers will approach games with you.

If you're 250-1 setting up a counter attacking system can be effective, most teams will be bringing the game to you home and away. Once your reputation goes up you'll have to start worry about other teams setting up not to lose against you. 

I would  say that I agree that the odds aren't  always everything but it's  just that there's  no other way of knowing how strong my team is.

I have set up a counter attacking system. Which can be seen below.

The main problem  is that there's little to no consistency because in one season  I was in VNS and winning easily against the best NVL teams even away from home but then when I got promoted at 150-1 odds, the other teams started getting XG in the 2s and 3s when last season in about 4 games a NVL team didn't  get more than 1.2 against me.

So if you were  a team predicted to be relegated what would you change in my tactic?

RDT_20230130_2356567164987912594979549.jpg