Don’t want to use a face pack, but…?

Hello,

I don’t want to download a full face pack, as I’m happy with the default FM23, but is there any way I can upload and use photos of players in the team I’m managing (that don’t have photos in-game) without using a face pack?

Many thanks.

3 minutes ago, Stuniverse said:

Hello,

I don’t want to download a full face pack, as I’m happy with the default FM23, but is there any way I can upload and use photos of players in the team I’m managing (that don’t have photos in-game) without using a face pack?

Many thanks.

You can download individual player face images and use fmXML to make a .config file that the game will read

10 minutes ago, autohoratio said:

You can download individual player face images and use fmXML to make a .config file that the game will read

Thanks, @autohoratio.

How would I make a .config file that the game will read? I guess it’s a text file that I’d save with a specific file extension (maybe .config) but what code would I include in the file?

Edited by Stuniverse

27 minutes ago, Hovis Dexter said:

I use one to give faces to my female staff, female reporters and so on. Here is my latest file

config.xml 2 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks, @Hovis Dexter.

Where do I save a) the config.xml file and b) the photos?

22 minutes ago, Hovis Dexter said:

I do this all the time. I’m using my iPad at the moment but when I can access my fm files tomorrow on my desktop I’ll post exactly how I do this.

Thank you, @Hovis Dexter. I would appreciate that very much. Best wishes.

Hi @Stuniverse

If you don’t want to use a facepack and want to create your own I would do following which is based on how I endeavour to add faces to members of my team and staff who are not included in my facepack:

o Identify those people who do not have real faces and make a note of their UIDs

o The simplest method of doing this is to go to Squad>>UniqueIDs then use CTRL+P to print and save the information;

o Search the internet for pictures of each individual. Some clubs are great in this respect and have good ‘photos of their players and staff. Another good source is google advanced image search

o Download the appropriate images and, if necessary, crop them to your taste. I also resize them to a proportion of 140 long by 180 high but I’m not sure if this is actually necessary.

o Rename your downloaded images with the appropriate UIDs;

o Move the images to a new folder called faces or people or what ever you like;

o Move the faces folder to \Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023\graphics

o It may be necessary to create this graphics folder if it not already created;

o Download and install fmXML

o Follow the instructions to run fmXML and it will create the config file in the faces folder with the images

o Incidentally, you can manually edit the config file using fmXML or by using a text editor … I use Notepad++ but any text editor should work

o In the game go to FM>>Preferences>>Reset>>Clear Cache then reload skin

o Your players should now have faces.

6 hours ago, Hovis Dexter said:

Hi @Stuniverse

If you don’t want to use a facepack and want to create your own I would do following which is based on how I endeavour to add faces to members of my team and staff who are not included in my facepack:

o Identify those people who do not have real faces and make a note of their UIDs

o The simplest method of doing this is to go to Squad>>UniqueIDs then use CTRL+P to print and save the information;

o Search the internet for pictures of each individual. Some clubs are great in this respect and have good ‘photos of their players and staff. Another good source is google advanced image search

o Download the appropriate images and, if necessary, crop them to your taste. I also resize them to a proportion of 140 long by 180 high but I’m not sure if this is actually necessary.

o Move the faces folder to \Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023\graphics

o Follow the instructions to run fmXML and it will create the config file in the faces folder with the images

o Incidentally, you can manually edit the config file using fmXML or by using a text editor … I use Notepad++ but any text editor should work

Much appreciated, @Hovis Dexter. I will give that a try later.

9 hours ago, Hovis Dexter said:

Hi @Stuniverse

Brilliant, @Hovis Dexter that worked. I'd never have figured that out myself as I'm not very technically minded. Thank you.

The only thing I couldn’t work out how to do was, “The simplest method of doing this is to go to Squad>>UniqueIDs then use CTRL+P to print and save the information;”

I couldn’t find the Unique IDs.

Edited by Stuniverse

7 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

Brilliant, @Hovis Dexter that worked. I'd never have figured that out myself as I'm not very technically minded. Thank you.

The only thing I couldn’t work out how to do was, “The simplest method of doing this is to go to Squad>>UniqueIDs then use CTRL+P to print and save the information;”

I couldn’t find the Unique IDs.

pref.jpg.d76fcb3e9ceaabee3c961ac920876c64.jpg

Tick the bottom box

16 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

Thanks, @Brother Ben. Sorry I'm not very technical. How do I remove a background using that site?

just drag an image onto it and then click download.  Rename the downloaded image to the unique ID number then fire up FMxml

Edited by Brother Ben