A cup with uneven groups

Motobaka

Hello there,

I’m thinking on making a cup in Mexico with 8 uneven groups, not only that but having each group have different rules. Then the winner of each group plays a knockout round.

Is it possible to name the groups?

Also, each group has set teams, meaning that throughout time each group will have the exact same teams.

I would like for each team to play pretty much the same number of games during the group stages, I don’t think that’s possible but maybe something like a group with 3 teams plays each other twice and a group with 6 teams plays each other only once.

How would you make the structure for this league, and do you think its possible to put it in the game?

regional imagen.png

You can specify fixtures and groups so all that is possible. If there's a hard rule that each group is the same teams every season, it will actually be easier.

MLS' default rules have lots of weirdness with fixtures and group seeding, might be worth taking a look at them and trying to see what the different editor rules mean

hace 13 horas, TH3 K1LL3R dijo:

You can use individual group rules for naming each group

Thanks

hace 10 horas, themodelcitizen dijo:

You can specify fixtures and groups so all that is possible. If there's a hard rule that each group is the same teams every season, it will actually be easier.

MLS' default rules have lots of weirdness with fixtures and group seeding, might be worth taking a look at them and trying to see what the different editor rules mean

Thanks, Will look into that. 

hace 11 horas, FM21_Scout dijo:

You could make all of the groups yourself then make a "playoff" where the winners of each go to the playoff.

Yes. That is probably what I'll end up doing. Thanks!