How can I set up a mid block?

I wouldn't personally waste my time with anything other than a high block.

FM punishes you for using anything other.

You'll invite pressure and concede more goals trying to be more defensive than if you use a high block with much more closing down. 

Here is a guide on a mid-block. I've used it before and it works. 

If you're in FM 23 you can use the mid-block setting in Team Instructions. I play FM22 and I drop my line of engagement to standard or lower (depending on my formation) and keep the defensive line at higher. I tick the pressing up one and sometimes add Get Stuck In if I really don't like the team we are playing. If you have midfielders with high anticipation and concentration you should be able to get lots of interceptions. Also since you play on balanced, you could keep your line of engagement higher if you want. It'll be like a psuedo high press/mid-block. 

4 hours ago, CJ_Randell said:

You'll invite pressure and concede more goals trying to be more defensive than if you use a high block with much more closing down. 

Perhaps on FM22 or prior (disagree even on that front) but FM23 is much better for that sort of system

16 hours ago, CJ_Randell said:

No it doesnt. Either you have not played 23, or you just dont know how to set up a mid or low block properly. They can be devastating if set up correctly. These kind of general statements arent actually useful for the OP or others looking for help.

Il y a 1 heure, DaddyClay a dit :

No it doesnt. Either you have not played 23, or you just dont know how to set up a mid or low block properly. They can be devastating if set up correctly. These kind of general statements arent actually useful for the OP or others looking for help.

Ok so, how you set up a mid-block or low-block correctly?

For me it's just logical that the game favored high block and more pressing. Because be proactive with the ball or without give you more chances to win.

3 hours ago, DaddyClay said:

I'm just speaking to my own experience. 

And I don't see how 'you haven't played FM 23 or don't know how to do it properly' is any less general and any more helpful that what I wrote. 👍🏻

15 hours ago, CJ_Randell said:

I'm just speaking to my own experience. 

And I don't see how 'you haven't played FM 23 or don't know how to do it properly' is any less general and any more helpful that what I wrote. 👍🏻

The match engine is different in FM23, low and mid blocks work more like they're intended to this year. 

17 hours ago, coach vahid said:

Ok so, how you set up a mid-block or low-block correctly?

For me it's just logical that the game favored high block and more pressing. Because be proactive with the ball or without give you more chances to win.

I think the key thing with setting up a low/mid block is making sure you're still a goalscoring threat to the opposition at all times. 

The AF is great as he'll provide a constant pressure on their backline, I'd recommend higher tempo, more direct, and wider if your players can (to go with the counter attack instruction you have). At the moment even on a low block your tactic has extremely aggressive roles, there are 4 roles all trying to score for themselves as main goal scoring threats. Try swapping an IF to an IW/W(a). I'd also recommend flipping one of the WBs to FB(s). On a low/med block there's more space infront of your players to run into, quick players are key. Put them on attack roles to surge forward when possession is won. 

Even if you're playing on a low block, I'd avoid dropping the defensive line below standard. You'll invite too much pressure.

That being said I also don't see many of your supporting cast being able to play in the quick players. With no BPD, no SK, and no playmaker you might struggle in transitions of play. 

Personally I think the AF/TF combo is great for lower blocks since it provides another way for you to move the ball quickly up the pitch, I'd consider running a front three of W/IW(a), TF(s) AF(a).

Hope some of that helps, low/mid blocks have been super fun in my tinkering. 

Edited by Cloud9