Will we ever see newgens

Around a year and a half ago, I asked how the regen system in FMM22 worked.

The way FMM works - newly generated players are partially based on existing players, however their nationality, positions and attributes can change upon regeneration.”

Obviously, this is different from fm and fm touch, who generate new, original players to balance and fill the database, dubbed “newgens” 

Of course, this feature wasn’t present in mobile in years past, due to computional limitation of mobile phones, but as the years go by, and phones continue to make leaps and bounds compared to performance 

(my iPhone 8 and 13 run fm touch on Apple Arcade flawlessly, with several leagues)

(fm touch also uses the newgen system)

I think a newgen system wouldn’t add to the complexity of the game, making it harder for pick-up-and-play type of users, but massively increase replay value for those like me who pick up the new version every november.

• SI Staff
9 hours ago, Ejima2 said:

Around a year and a half ago, I asked how the regen system in FMM22 worked.

The way FMM works - newly generated players are partially based on existing players, however their nationality, positions and attributes can change upon regeneration.”

Obviously, this is different from fm and fm touch, who generate new, original players to balance and fill the database, dubbed “newgens” 

Of course, this feature wasn’t present in mobile in years past, due to computional limitation of mobile phones, but as the years go by, and phones continue to make leaps and bounds compared to performance 

(my iPhone 8 and 13 run fm touch on Apple Arcade flawlessly, with several leagues)

(fm touch also uses the newgen system)

I think a newgen system wouldn’t add to the complexity of the game, making it harder for pick-up-and-play type of users, but massively increase replay value for those like me who pick up the new version every november.

There isn't a 'huge' difference between regens an newgens really in terms of the effect and what happens, apart from the system used on FMM is far faster from a processing perspective and lighter from a memory footprint perspective which makes it more suitable for our product.

So to answer your question, yes its possible at some point in the future - but in all honesty you probably won't notice when it happens unless we tell you ;)

PS - Until recently I was involved in both FMM and FMT development (I've now stepped away from FMT recently), so I'm glad you've been enjoying that game (I don't mind which of our products you use so long as you're enjoying them and having fun :D ).