Disabling first season January transfer window

mwttstck

Is it possible to disable the first season’s January window through rules editing? With the winter update released, I would like to fix the updated squads in place until the 2nd summer window for added realism/immersion.

I’ve had some success with disabling the first seasons summer window by editing the reference base year to start in the next year, hoping that the checkbox option (in game setup) of disabling the first window would then apply to January, but this didn’t seem to work (Jan was still open).

Also disabling/pushing back both windows seemed to create a permanently open window (showed as “restricted” window open for -100 (read: “negative 100”) days in game).

Any ideas? Other ways I could prevent transfers until the next summer without creating individual team embargos?

5 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

If you're willing to start later, load Brazil, they have a Feb 2023 start date, you might have to manually enter the winners for some 2022 competitions in the editor though

True, that would do it. I was hoping there is a way to achieve it while still starting in 2022 though.

9 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Not that I'm aware of. I mean realism is out the window by that point, now that January transfers are all at their August clubs. Mind you I usually disable first transfer windows for the same reason

Yeah, I really wish SI gave you an option two start without any transfers done already (i.e. FM22 squads). Not sure what the rationale is for doing all the transfers in the first place

10 hours ago, mwttstck said:

Yeah, I really wish SI gave you an option two start without any transfers done already (i.e. FM22 squads). Not sure what the rationale is for doing all the transfers in the first place

People get excited at the winter transfers and want to play with their shiny new big signing, I get it. There used to be "all transfers set as future transfers" type mods but the work required is just too much. It might be an interesting option but I'm not convinced the AI quite knows what's going on when you do that (i.e. signing players to fill a positional need without realizing a future transfer is 5 days away)