Can‘t open two different instances of FM Editor simultaneously

mwttstck

Is there a trick to opening two different instances of the Editor at once (like FM23 Editor and FM22 Editor). Whenever I try to open another editor while already running one (from different year) the app will close again immediately. I‘m using the game through Steam on a Mac.

Edited by mwttstck

Yeah, I tried on someone’s windows PC too and it worked. Just tried using both the 22 and 21 editors and it worked, same with 23 and 21. only 22 and 23 (the ones I need) won’t work in parallel for whatever reason :/

If you went here C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2023 Editor, open the editor from there, and shift + right click the editor you can open it different ways, including as a different Windows user. Not as ideal but you could still shift between them. Not sure if that would require another Steam account

On 05/03/2023 at 14:12, mwttstck said:

Yeah, I tried on someone’s windows PC too and it worked. Just tried using both the 22 and 21 editors and it worked, same with 23 and 21. only 22 and 23 (the ones I need) won’t work in parallel for whatever reason :/

It is a Mac-related issue, possibly related also to the problem with starting the editor (the post by Metal Guitarist that's pinned).

1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

It is a Mac-related issue, possibly related also to the problem with starting the editor (the post by Metal Guitarist that's pinned).

Perhaps, though that wouldn’t explain why it does work with other combinations such as 21 + 23 etc.

5 hours ago, mwttstck said:

Perhaps, though that wouldn’t explain why it does work with other combinations such as 21 + 23 etc.

In fact it does, the Mac issue only turned up on FM22. So it affects both versions of the editor for 22 and 23, while for 21 there wasn't an issue, so that can start without issue. It might be that 22 and 23 both need a certain item to start and in case one is already started it doesn't allow for the other editor to use that resource. Since the 21 editor doesn't need that resource, but can start,

You’re probably right. Waiting on what support has to say about the issue, although I don’t have high hopes..

In any case, I more or less figured out a way to do what I want without both instances running side by side :)

Thanks for the input!

• 1 month later...

On Windows I can open two instances of even the same version editor at once, using a sandbox application. Check if there is any sandbox application for Mac and try this way. Unfortunately, the app that I use is only for Windows.