Points Deductions and Clubs getting liquidated

pauldadams1984

I may be wrong but I have never seen a club get deducted points (barring preset at the start). Even when a team goes into administration.

I have also never seen a team liquidated, although we all know this is very rare IRL anyway.

I know fm have made it much harder to exceed your limits in recent fms but a realism approach to the financial aspect of the game would be great. Otherwise finances will continue to get pushed to the brink without worry because they'll be taken over to clear debts at some point.

I would love to see (in game) a team like Millwall get liquidated and the game recreates a team called Millwall AFC (players on rolling contracts) and puts them in below the conference (set to be promoted to the conf south in 3 years or something).

I am presuming this would not be easy to implement and be some amazing spreadsheet "if" statements needed.

Just a thought

yeah, I barely touched finances in my, too long, post, but yes finances need to be reworked. Completely, how much teams earn, how spend, how much players, managers, coaches earn, etc. Clubs should be financially responsible, and should have means to earn money too. Couple teams of lower leagues (all I have played, so I can not speak about every team) can not afford to pay players that are (by scout report) suitable to play in that league. Doesn't make sense.  If we can not match it to real world data then let make it just to work well withing game. 

It would also be good if we could see history of our incomes and expenditures to the beginning of game, rather just last season.  

• 1 month later...