[FM23] Fearless and Faithful - VfB Stuttgart

Carambau

3 hours ago, Dogfacedgremlin said:

Dortmund lost Moukoko and still managed to finish second? Impressive :D 

Not realy a great season, but at least you managed to get yourself a CL-ticket.

Yeah, thats the only good thing about that season :) 

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

spacer.png

FEARLESS AND FAITHFUL

SEASON 2030/31

THE TRANSFERS

spacer.png

Ilker Erdem and Williams Massarioli never really fit into our team so it was not a difficult decision to let them go. Rodrigo Zalazar had come to a point where he could not keep up anymore with his rivals so we took the money from Frankfurt. Backup keeper Christensen was fed up with not playing and complained every day so he also was sent on his way to Eintracht. A LOT of loans to our new affiliate club Kaiserslautern. They have been promoted to 2. Bundesliga and maybe our players can help stay there.

spacer.png

123M! Now this is a serious number! We decided to splash the cash because we have it. Erick Holtz (Capped by Germany already) has been on my radar for some years now. We were outbid by Wolfsburg 3 years ago when he joined them from Schalke for 37M. Now we finally got hold of this talented left back for 80M. As Aude does not seem to develop anymore he should take his place for a start. More quality in central defense with Mattia Viti30M are not too much for a player of his quality. And what a bargain Bruno was - the 18 year old keeper already got a cap for Spain and is planned to be the long-term replacement for Seimen when he leaves. Last but not least 2 talents from Oceania: Levi Sims is a technically gifted central midfielder from New Zealand while Luke Hunter should provide good competition for the left back position.

THE TEAM ANALYSIS

Goalkeepers

spacer.png

Seimen´s contract is due to run out after this season. He did not want to discuss terms yet, I hope we will get a chance to. Otherwise he will be off to the big clubs on a free next season. Despite that, he of course remains our clear number one. Christensen has left and we brought in super-talent Bruno as backup. Zentner remains the backup´s backup.

Defenders

spacer.png

Viti is a great addition to the squad with the quality he brings. Should be a great central defender pair with Simic. But we got A LOT of central defenders. I guess, some will have to leave soon as they are just too many. Fofana already mentioned he wants to explore his options so there´s that.

Midfielders

spacer.png

Sims provides more competition in central midfield although Krauss is still leading. I´m excited to see Lorran play his first full season for us.

Attackers

spacer.png

Haddad leads our attack. Popovic - whose contract is running out after the season - and Martinez battle it out for the place alongside him.

THE PRE-SEASON FRIENDLIES

spacer.png

Few games but lots of goals. And one defeat. Oh well.

CLUB NEWS

spacer.png spacer.png

Our board agreed. Our development continues.

Edited by Carambau

3 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

I can't believe Iliax Moriba is only a squad/fringe player for your team. He and Gravenbach teamed up to be the terror of my opponents in a non-update save a few FM's ago.

Yeah, apart from his first season he didnt really contribute that much butg is still a good rotation option :)

2 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Looks like some very nice squad re-structuring. Big money spent, but on few players, that makes logical sense to me. As long as they are the right picks of course!

Thank you :) left backs rule ;) 

1 hour ago, Dogfacedgremlin said:

You've spent quite a bit there.

Hopefully it pays out in the end :) 

56 minutes ago, rich ruzzian said:

A lot of money for a left back. 

We got not much money LEFT now, so ;) 

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

FEARLESS AND FAITHFUL

SEASON 2030/31

The First Half Of The Season

spacer.png

Results

Spoiler

spacer.png

THE BUNDESLIGA TABLE

spacer.png

Bayern are gone already, but this time we are among the best of the rest. Granted, Dortmund have a game in hand but still we are up there with them. We lost only 3 games, against Bayern and BVB and AT HOME against Hertha?! We found our scoring boots again in the last month and hope to keep scoring and challenging for 2nd place. Champions? Not this season, I guess.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hey we made it to the quarter final this season! There is hope.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Lots of goal bonanzas and entertaining showings in the CL.

THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE PHASE TABLE

spacer.png

Still in the qualfiying bracket but we have to watch out not to lose our last 2 games to make it to the next round.

THE YOUTH TEAM

VfB Stuttgart U19

Edited by Carambau

Hertha seems to be having a good season. So you only lost to top 6 teams. Unfortunately you had some draws against weaker teams. Probably due to the need for you new players to settle down and learn the tactic.

That is one reason why I go for Match intensive Preseason's Tactical Familiarity and Match Fitness make the team ready to start the season well in my experience. I do it even when I am not the new manager because the early results help balance out the "dip or slump" when it comes during a season.

I am also a rotation fanatic. I love having two of every player role for a formation in a team. Play the backups in cups or against relegation fodder when a top team and keep the First Team ready for Glory!

5 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

Hertha seems to be having a good season. So you only lost to top 6 teams. Unfortunately you had some draws against weaker teams. Probably due to the need for you new players to settle down and learn the tactic.

That is one reason why I go for Match intensive Preseason's Tactical Familiarity and Match Fitness make the team ready to start the season well in my experience. I do it even when I am not the new manager because the early results help balance out the "dip or slump" when it comes during a season.

I am also a rotation fanatic. I love having two of every player role for a formation in a team. Play the backups in cups or against relegation fodder when a top team and keep the First Team ready for Glory!

Surely Hertha are having a very good season up to now, unfortunately for us :) And yes, it also was the stupid draws that let us trail Bayern so far behind now...

I never did the training in FM myself, I always delegate it to my Assistant manager so I just HOPE he does that.

I´m more the "first eleven" type. Of course you gotta have backups for every position and competition for places is always rewarding especially when you are playing in many competitions, or the odd "cup goalkeeper", but other than that I trust my first eleven players mostly, this is why long term injuries for key players hit me hard :) 

Edited by Carambau

Training is left to the Assman. Except I go in and change individual sessions to make sure there is enough recovery and team bonding events. (Need to keep injuries down and morale up)

I also have a training schedule or two saved (like tactics and Set pieces) from other managers on this forum if I wish to change a whole week of sessions:cool:!

I am a big believer in Group Dynamics and Team Bonding Sessions. It really helps I think. 

22 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Few quality signings is definitely the right way to go at this stage. Even if 80m on a left back is a bit much! Good luck for the remainder of the season. 

Yeah, it seems very much, but its a player I was chasing for quite some time now :)

22 hours ago, Dogfacedgremlin said:

Bayern seems to be unbeatable.
From 2nd to 5th place everything is very close to each other. 

They really look unbeatable, even in europe... alas, we have to keep trying anyway :) 

spacer.png

FEARLESS AND FAITHFUL

SEASON 2030/31

The Second Half Of The Season

spacer.png

WINTER TRANSFERS

spacer.png

Some crazy stuff here! We sold THREE of our central defenders. The first 2 were complaining and Lara wanted his dream in Madrid. Off you go.

spacer.png

We brought in only ONE new central defender for cover. The other signing is a talented central midfielder And guess what?

Results

Spoiler

spacer.png

THE BUNDESLIGA TABLE

spacer.png

Pretty happy with that strong finish to be honest. We only lost 2 games (the second being the last, unimportant game against Gladbach), drew 2 times and won the rest. So what started rather weak turned into a very good season in the end. Martinez found his scoring boots finally and so he finished 3rd in the goalscorers chart. Haddad is a beast.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Look at that! We AGAIN won the DFB Pokal! And we beat damn Bayern in the semis! At least some more silverware. It was about time.

spacer.png

The final was a really tight affair. Hertha thought they might have won it when Burkhardt scored 5 minutes from time, but we scored twice in stoppage time!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

We managed to qualify for the knockout rounds but this time went out straight away against Chelsea. We managed a draw away but lost it at home. 

THE YOUTH TEAM

VfB Stuttgart U19s

Not a success story for the young ones this season. The finished only 8th in the league, went out in the 2nd round in the DFB Pokal der Junioren against VfL Wolfsburg U19s and lost to Barcelona U19s in the first knockout round of the UEFA Youth League.

YOUTH INTAKE 2031

spacer.png

We are going to sign all of them. Spiessl is the best prospect here.

Edited by Carambau

15 hours ago, Dogfacedgremlin said:

Congrats on winning another cup!
In the league you got a great run of results; getting you a nice 2nd place.

Thank you :) 

13 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

A storming finish in the league, very impressive and I think you can be very happy with that.

Especially as it was them you beat to win the DFB-Pokal again. 

A good season in my opinion!

Thanks mate :) It was very comforting to beat them in the semis oh yeah!

5 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Good season there, congratulations on winning the cup! 

Hate coming up against those loaded English sides in Europe. 

Thank you :) Yeah the english clubs are really hard to defeat as they are bloated with stars...

2 hours ago, Sahajpal Oberoi said:

What a save, love this journey. Keep going.

Thank you and welcome to the jounrey :) 

spacer.png

FEARLESS AND FAITHFUL

2030/31 Season Summery

spacer.png

This is better. We managed to improve this season. Viti proved to be a crucial signing for our defence. Winter signing Milambo also impressed in the few games he played. Ibrahimovic had a great season with 14 goals and 16 assists. Joaquin Martinez scored the most goals (35) and showed what a great striker he is. And of course Habib Haddad. What a player. Let´s keep this up for next season!

THE YOUTH TEAM

They finished 8th in the league, went out in round 2 of the DFB Pokal der Junioren and reached the 1st knockout round of the UEFA Youth League.

THE EUROPEAN CUP WINNERS

Champions League

spacer.png

spacer.png

Newcastle retain the title.

Europa League

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hertha wins something for a change.

UEFA Conference League

spacer.png

spacer.png

We have a surprise winner here! Congrats Hoffenheim!

EUROPEAN DOMESTIC LEAGUES

spacer.png

ENGLAND

Spoiler

spacer.png

Man Utd win the title.

spacer.png

SPAIN

Spoiler

spacer.png

Real Madrid again.

spacer.png

ITALY

Spoiler

spacer.png

Roma have become an Italian top team.

spacer.png

FRANCE

Spoiler

spacer.png

This is so boring.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

FEARLESS AND FAITHFUL

SEASON 2031/32

THE TRANSFERS

spacer.png

It had to happen some day and now our academy product who has become the German national team goalkeeper, Dennis Seimen, has left us for big club Liverpool after his contract ran out. There was absolutely NOTHING we could do. The other departure that will definitely hurt us, was Habib Haddad, he is joining Real Madrid. But at least we get 100M for him. He is absolutely worth that. Arjon Ibrahimovic has left us for his youth club Bayern. Another surprise - Fan favorite Matija Popovic also left us at the end of his contract after having lost his first team place in attack. He joined Wolfsburg. Also on a free left central defender talent Alassane Fofana. He never really liked it here and I am glad he is gone now. The most head-scratching transfer was Dino Guldener joining Real Madrid?! I could not refuse the move to his dream club but we are still wondering how that happened.

spacer.png

There are a lot of holes to fill after those prominent departures. Koulierakis is a proven central defender, and of course we all know James Maddison! He is one of my favorite players and I finally get the chance to manage him, although he is already 34. I am sure he still has a lot to give to our team. With Signorelli, I am having second thoughts. Maybe we overpaid here. He had a decent last season in Argentina and has good Finishing (16) and Composure (16) but somehow does not look that special. He will get his chance though. We also brought in Mohamed Zaim on loan, a promising striker talent from Liverpool. We have a buy-now clause of 70M in the contract too. Angus Gunn will bring experience to the backup goalkeeper position.

THE TEAM ANALYSIS

Goalkeepers

spacer.png

Seimen is gone. I decided to put all the pressure on the incredibly talented Bruno and make him our number one. Gunn will be the backup and Lucio Flavio was promoted from our U19s to be the 3rd keeper.

Defenders

spacer.png

Koulierakis add more quality to our central defence. Hunter and Abbiati are developing well. No need for big changes here.

Midfielders

spacer.png

Laurin Ulrich is the last remaining player from our original team from 2022. Hopefully Maddison can contribute more than just his big name.

Attackers

spacer.png

Martinez can hopefully repeat his performances from last season. Zaim and Signorelli battle for the place alongside him.

spacer.png

Lots of goals again and 4 wins in 4 games.

Edited by Carambau

Wow that's a very eventful summer, will be interesting to see how you continue to compete after those departures. With Signorelli his teamwork and workrate is a bit worrying. Zaim looks excellent though. 

2 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Are you thinking of James Maddison as a James Milner like move for you?

Kinda :) Always wanted to have him in my team in a save

34 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Wow that's a very eventful summer, will be interesting to see how you continue to compete after those departures. With Signorelli his teamwork and workrate is a bit worrying. Zaim looks excellent though. 

A lot of changes, but we are optimistic :) 

spacer.png

FEARLESS AND FAITHFUL

SEASON 2031/32

spacer.png

Results

Spoiler

spacer.png

THE BUNDESLIGA TABLE

spacer.png

We are back in the title challenge again! After only losing 2 times in 15 games we are level with Bayern after 17 matches. Our Attack with Martinez and Zaim is scoring splendidly. If we concede a goal we immediately have an answer in the league. We are resting most of our key players in the cup games also. This might be the most interesting title fight for years.

spacer.png

spacer.png

We might have sacrificed the DFB Pokal for the Bundesliga this season.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The most entertaining team in Europe! Who else loses 3-8 2 times in a row against a french team at home?

spacer.png

Lurking just outside the qualifying places.

THE YOUTH TEAM

VfB Stuttgart U19

Edited by Carambau

Losing Seimen for free must realy hurt.

In the Bundelisga everything is running smoothly; another Pokal-win is nonger possible however..

And those results in Europe... You provide the spectacle is the least one can say :D

11 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

What kind of a scoreline even is 3-8 :lol:

But great stuff in the league! Lets hunt them down this year!

Yeah I loved it despite the defeats! It sure was some spectacle for the fans :)

5 hours ago, Dogfacedgremlin said:

Losing Seimen for free must realy hurt.

In the Bundelisga everything is running smoothly; another Pokal-win is nonger possible however..

And those results in Europe... You provide the spectacle is the least one can say :D

Seimen´s departure hurt definitely but I think Bruno is doing a good job for a start :) 

spacer.png

FEARLESS AND FAITHFUL

SEASON 2031/32

The Second Half Of The Season

spacer.png

WINTER TRANSFERS

spacer.png

Knechtel wasn´t really a first team regular, so we let him go for that price. Zajaczkowski is a failed talent we didn´t need anymore.

spacer.png

We brought in one new player for our attack. Petkovic has already been capped by Germany.

Results

Spoiler

spacer.png

THE BUNDESLIGA TABLE

spacer.png

We could not keep up the relentless pace by Bayern but we established ourselves as the "best of the rest". And with quite a margin, 14 points ahead of the 3rd placed RB Leipzig. Our strikers both finished in the top 3 of the goalscoring chart. Sadly, Zaim will go back to Liverpool but we already signed his successor in Petkovic.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

We failed in Europe this season. With only 7 points you cannot expect to qualify for the knockouts.

THE YOUTH TEAM

VfB Stuttgart U19s

Our U19s did much better than last season and finished 2nd in the league. They even made the semi finals of the DFB Pokal der Junioren, but did not make it out of the League stage in the UEFA Youth League.

YOUTH INTAKE 2032

spacer.png

Not the greatest of intakes. Dörfler is the brightest talent here.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

FEARLESS AND FAITHFUL

2031/32 Season Summery

spacer.png

Great attacking power this season. 138 goals speak volumes. Our young number one Bruno played EVERY game and proved we made the right choice. But, as we all know, such success always comes with the growing interest in our players from the big clubs. It is going to be a struggle to keep all of them at the club. I have a feeling this will not work...

THE YOUTH TEAM

They finished 2ndin the league, made the semi final of the DFB Pokal der Junioren and went out in the group stage of the UEFA Youth League.

THE EUROPEAN CUP WINNERS

Champions League

spacer.png

spacer.png

The big Yawn.

Europa League

spacer.png

spacer.png

A final for the history books with the better ending for Spurs.

UEFA Conference League

spacer.png

spacer.png

Bilbao slaughtered Eintracht!

EUROPEAN DOMESTIC LEAGUES

spacer.png

ENGLAND

Spoiler

spacer.png

Man City are back at the top again.

spacer.png

SPAIN

Spoiler

spacer.png

Real Madrid again.

spacer.png

ITALY

Spoiler

spacer.png

Inter win the league once more.

spacer.png

FRANCE

Spoiler

spacer.png

This is so boring.

Edited by Carambau

On 08/05/2023 at 20:44, Dogfacedgremlin said:

A very nice season in de the Bundesliga; but very dissapointing in the CL.

Spot on :) 

On 09/05/2023 at 04:09, karanhsingh said:

Good season mate, man that Bayern team is bloody hard to win against!

Yes, and i am slowly running out of ideas... but we won´t give up! :) 

4 minutes ago, Carambau said:

Yes, and i am slowly running out of ideas... but we won´t give up! :) 

Maybe the need an incident or a All expenses paid trip to Ibiza before Important League matches......:lol:

spacer.png

FEARLESS AND FAITHFUL

SEASON 2032/33

THE TRANSFERS

spacer.png

Simic´s departure was hard to digest but he claimed that "we broke our promises too often" which is, as far as I recall, a blatant lie. Good riddance. Long time servants Braunoder and Aude also left as both wanted a new challenge in their careers. Koulierakis left also after only one -mediocre- season and Signorelli got loaned out for game time. And lots of loans for our youngsters to help out our affiliate club in the 2.Bundesliga.

spacer.png

Now we´re talking. 167M for new players! We have the cash so why shouldn´t we spend it then? Kalokoh brings more flair to our wing play, Nielsen is a young center back who will be loaned back to his original team for the season. Pedone is a young and talented backup center back. Another Italian center back is Piovaccari who will play alongside his countryman Viti. Dieter Ziemann is a German national team midfielder who joins from Leverkusen. Joining us from big Real Madrid is Fernando Ortega, another talented winger. Amine Gouiri and Sofiane Diop are both French national teamers and will add much needed experience to our squad. Another player from France is young wing back Jamel Jouini, who can play on both sides. Gallmaier and Allsopp are both young defenders who will go on loan this season. Victor Nelsson provides backup in central defense.

THE TEAM ANALYSIS

Goalkeepers

spacer.png

Bruno had a fantastic first full season and remains our number one. Lucio Flavio is his backup and Vladimir Bojic joins from our U19 as keeper number 3.

Defenders

spacer.png

Our defense speaks Italian! Viti and Piovaccari will cover the center while half-italian Abbiati plays on the right. Hunter is not at all italian afaik, but will be our first team left back nevertheless. Nelsson and Pedone (another Italian) provide central backup while Holtz and Jouini do that for the sides.

Midfielders

spacer.png

One word: Experience! The midfield is the oldest part of our squad but who can deny experience? Looking forward to how this will affect the team.

Attackers

spacer.png

Martinez & Petkovic should be deadly up front. 

spacer.png

Lots of goals again and 4 wins in 4 games again.

THE PRE-SEASON ODDS

spacer.png

Dortmund are seen above us. We will see then.

CLUB NEWS

spacer.png

Our facilities are almost perfect...

spacer.png

...but we are working on it!

31 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

Maybe the need an incident or a All expenses paid trip to Ibiza before Important League matches......:lol:

Rather a certain Bayern club going into administration and getting relegated :D

Bayern going out of business or being relegated would indeed be great news for you. A really good season again, just six points difference between you and them.

I feel your transfer spending is becoming more desperate, but agree that if you have it, it makes sense to spend it and see if you can achieve your target. Good luck for the next attempt!

1 hour ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Bayern going out of business or being relegated would indeed be great news for you. A really good season again, just six points difference between you and them.

I feel your transfer spending is becoming more desperate, but agree that if you have it, it makes sense to spend it and see if you can achieve your target. Good luck for the next attempt!

Thank you :) It sure must look rather desperate, but what are we to do with all the money? We already maxed out our facilities by now and spent it on junior coaching etc... there is only one way to evade the high tax bill at the end of the season: spending the cash :) 

11 minutes ago, Carambau said:

Thank you :) It sure must look rather desperate, but what are we to do with all the money? We already maxed out our facilities by now and spent it on junior coaching etc... there is only one way to evade the high tax bill at the end of the season: spending the cash :) 

Absolutely. Time to take that top spot, and better investing in players than giving to the tax man/woman :lol:

3 hours ago, Carambau said:

Haha i hear you. My own club just crossed a 100m bank balance. 

spacer.png

FEARLESS AND FAITHFUL

SEASON 2032/33

spacer.png

Results

Spoiler

S10_05.202320_01_17.png.612805471de46dac0aaad689c3400fca.png

THE BUNDESLIGA TABLE

S09_05.202323_05_08.png.6e8e5b4915942c68282e7f622570eda6.png

Bayern are only one point ahead. 3 defeats: One against Bayern of course, one against Schalke and one against Regensburg in a horrible, horrible display! Thanks to our scoring machine Martinez we were able to keep the pace with the table toppers. Veteran Gouiri has shown what experience can bring to a young talented team. A great transfer.

spacer.png

S10_05.202320_01_38.png.f2e8965c3b893d4a217863698382ba63.png

We are in the quarter finals and will meet St. Pauli at home there.

spacer.png

S10_05.202320_02_16.png.e8fdd3da3de7e56a1789f9f0bba83db4.png

A much better showing in the CL this season. Qualification is in sight.

S09_05.202323_05_27.png.08955f9a6a5708b4e6d3a48044f1868e.png

Looking good! Even Bayern are behind us!

THE YOUTH TEAM

VfB Stuttgart U19

*I am having problems displaying imgur links with the "other media" and "insert media from URL" button on the lower right since this update. I get a red box not being able to display it. I used the "Drag files here to attach" method without using imgur now but I wonder what happened to the first method as this was how I was uploading images before all the time...?

Edited by Carambau

13 minutes ago, Carambau said:

*I am having problems displaying imgur links with the "other media" and "insert media from URL" button on the lower right since this update. I get a red box not being able to display it. I used the "Drag files here to attach" method without using imgur now but I wonder what happened to the first method as this was how I was uploading images before all the time...?

I have no idea since I use direct forum links from my host Imageshack.