[FM23] Fearless and Faithful - VfB Stuttgart

Carambau

4 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

I think your boys overlooked Jahn Regensburg and were thinking about FC Bayern the next week.  A classic "Trap Match". 

Otherwise, things are looking good for Stuttgart.

You might have a point there with that ... I am not that good at psychology  :) 

Edited by Carambau

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/05/2023 at 20:00, Dogfacedgremlin said:

Great results until now!

We played quite well, yes :)

On 12/05/2023 at 00:13, Jogo Bonito said:

Agree on what has been said, a really strong first half of this campaign. Martinez might be firing you to the title. I really hope so, you deserve it for continued effort!

Thanks mate :) Let´s hope he does!

19 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Very solid season building up here!

Definitely :) We just need to keep this up! 

spacer.png

FEARLESS AND FAITHFUL

SEASON 2032/33

The Second Half Of The Season

spacer.png

WINTER TRANSFERS

spacer.png

We splashed the cash again and brought in more quality on both wing back positions. Ziminsky should replace our talent Abbiati, and Stefanovic has lots of potential.

Results

Spoiler

spacer.png

THE BUNDESLIGA TABLE

spacer.png

Damn this was a close one! We managed to beat Bayern at home but in the end it still wasn´t enough but it´s only 3 points. Martinez had a wonderful season on fire, topping the goalscorers chart and THREE of our players topping the assists chart. We are getting closer, Bayern...

spacer.png

spacer.png

We won the DFB Pokal again! Granted, we were lucky to reach the final after TWO penalty shootouts but hey who cares? It´s our 6th title in the last 10 years!

spacer.png

Dortmund were leading 3-0 when Milambo finally scored for us. After the break all hell in the form of Joaquin Martinez broke loose and this monster went on to score 4 more goals to win us the DFB Pokal. One of the greatest performances by a single player I have ever seen in the game.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

We showed what we are capable of against Liverpool and then went out in close matches against PSG. Looks like we are making progress in Europe as well.

THE YOUTH TEAM

VfB Stuttgart U19s

Our U19s won the league and qualified for the national playoffs where they reached the final and lost against RB Leipzig U19. They went out in the 2nd round of the DFB Pokal der Junioren, and again did not make it out of the League stage in the UEFA Youth League.

YOUTH INTAKE 2033

spacer.png

A brillant intake this year. Adams is the brightest talent in group of high potentials.

Edited by Carambau

On 11/05/2023 at 13:55, Carambau said:

You might have a point there with that ... I am not that good at psychology  :) 

Team Psychology (Team Bonding and Community Outreach) is my strong point. It is the tactics and Squad building I mess up.

You are doing a great job! much better than the Stuttgart in my timeline.

18 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

Team Psychology (Team Bonding and Community Outreach) is my strong point. It is the tactics and Squad building I mess up.

You are doing a great job! much better than the Stuttgart in my timeline.

Thank you :) You´re not doing too badly with Preston yourself ;) 

12 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Great season! Congratulations on another cup win. 

Btw have you had any academy products break into the first team yet?

Not too many recently... Our 3rd keeper Bojic and the young right Back Abbiati are academy products though.

Edited by Carambau

15 hours ago, Dogfacedgremlin said:

That was real y close!
The Pokal seems to be you favorite competition :D

Yes, we like the DFB Pokal a lot :) 

10 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

So close in the league, great effort again. A very good run in Europe too. Fair play to you for persevering over so many seasons. It's an enjoyable club and country, but no way will I be there as long as you :lol: 

Thank you mate :) It´s one of the longer saves i did on FM23, thats true. I still enjoy it and will keep playing until... who knows? ;) 

spacer.png

FEARLESS AND FAITHFUL

2032/33 Season Summery

spacer.png

Once more our attacking power was key this season. But we also have to acknowledge that Bruno in the meantime has become the regular Spanish National Team keeper! Applause to him! We have to admit that our defence wasn´t always up to the standard this season as can be seen by the low average ratings so this is the first thing we need to adress in the post-season meeting. Surprise of the season: The 33 year old winger Amine Gouiri! The old man participated in 27 goals and did only start in 17 games! A magical transfer! His 33 year old french compatriot Diop wasn´t that bad either. Star man of the campaign was of course Joaquin Martinez with his 42 goals in 44 games, no doubt. He was voted Player of the Season too.

THE YOUTH TEAM

They lost in the final of the national league playoffs against RB Leipzig, lost in the 2nd round of the DFB Pokal der Junioren and went out in the group stage of the UEFA Youth League.

THE EUROPEAN CUP WINNERS

Champions League

spacer.png

spacer.png

Finally a classic final again. And our ex-player Haddad decided it!

Europa League

spacer.png

spacer.png

An all-spanish final again.

UEFA Conference League

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cologne wins something for a change

EUROPEAN DOMESTIC LEAGUES

spacer.png

ENGLAND

Spoiler

spacer.png

Liverpool dethroned Man City.

spacer.png

SPAIN

Spoiler

spacer.png

Real Madrid again.

spacer.png

ITALY

Spoiler

spacer.png

Inter win the league once more.

spacer.png

FRANCE

Spoiler

spacer.png

This is so boring.

Edited by Carambau

The other Leagues were interesting in that both Man City and Juventus WON'T have European Nights next season. 

A personal downer is ASSE's continued struggles be relegated once again.

Fix the Defense and do the Treble Next Season!

@Carambau  In my Timeline Stuttgart won their Relegation Playoff and are expected to be 10th in the 24-25 Season.

Edited by Hootieleece

3 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

The other Leagues were interesting in that both Man City and Juventus WON'T have European Nights next season. 

A personal downer is ASSE's continued struggles be relegated once again.

Fix the Defense and do the Treble Next Season!

@Carambau  In my Timeline Stuttgart won their Relegation Playoff and are expected to be 10th in the 24-25 Season.

I found that funny too! Everton and Brescia instead - gotta watch them next season :)  

And great to hear that in your save we survived !

1 hour ago, SixPointer said:

So close but no cigar!! Another pokal in the bag though 

I like Pokale but I like Meisterschaftsschalen more :) 

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

FEARLESS AND FAITHFUL

SEASON 2033/34

THE TRANSFERS

spacer.png

Looks like a lot is going on here but it really isn´t in term of first team players. Granted, CM backup Sims, DC backups Nelson, Nielsen and our 3rd keeper Bojic left but thats about it. The rest are mostly getting rid of deadwood or loans for match practice. 

spacer.png

We spent some (maybe too much?) money on a CM rotation player and a talented central defender. Galli gets immediately loaned back to his original club and Grill isn´t really worth mentioning as we won´t ever play I suppose.

THE TEAM ANALYSIS

Goalkeepers

spacer.png

Bruno is the current Spanish national team goalkeeper and Lucio Flavio already got some U21 for Brazil under his belt. Bad times for Grill.

Defenders

spacer.png

Unterberger is a real talent. Apart from that, there are no other changes in our defence for this season.

Midfielders

spacer.png

Jaksic surely has some potential. Hope he fits in quickly.

Attackers

spacer.png

Our deadly attackers.

THE PRE-SEASON FRIENDLIES

spacer.png

Lots of goals again and 5 wins in 5 games.

THE CLUB NEWS

spacer.png

I wonder why Dortmund are still ahead of us here.

spacer.png

Both of our strikers are listed here.

spacer.png

Finally, our facilities are perfect.

Edited by Carambau

6 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Grill must be a player for squad regulations in Bundesliga.   Like Man City has a 37-year-old Englishman that has played twice for them IRL.

He is exactly that :D

6 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Probably more and older established stars with high reps and International Caps.

You´re right I guess!

spacer.png

FEARLESS AND FAITHFUL

SEASON 2033/34

The First Half Of The Season

spacer.png

Results

Spoiler

spacer.png

THE BUNDESLIGA TABLE

spacer.png

Behold! We are topping the table after the first half of the season! Damn Bayern of course have a game in hand but a win in that still would not make them overtake us. Martinez & Petkovic again were shooting most of our opponents to smithereens... apart from UNION BERLIN of all teams who won 3-0 against us in Stuttgart!! Besides that, we smashed Bayern 4-1 and only drew 3 away games. Pray for an injury-free second half of the season!

spacer.png

spacer.png

Absolutely no one cares about this cr*p cup! Take it, Bayern and shove it up your a$$.

spacer.png

spacer.png

There will be a new DFB Pokal Winner this year! We are out.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Very tight affairs in Europe. We lose twice AT HOME :mad:

THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE PHASE TABLE

spacer.png

We can still qualify.

THE YOUTH TEAM

VfB Stuttgart U19

Edited by Carambau

On 15/05/2023 at 11:20, Hootieleece said:

Great Start! Go on and win the League and try for the treble!

We will try :) 

On 15/05/2023 at 12:44, karanhsingh said:

Could this be the season!?

We certainly hope so :) 

On 15/05/2023 at 13:21, Dogfacedgremlin said:

Europe still isn't your friend..

But in de the BL it's going great!

Fingers crossed! :) 

On 15/05/2023 at 16:53, john1 said:

What a start so far!

Yeah, but we have to build on this for sure :) 

On 15/05/2023 at 17:43, SixPointer said:

Flying out the traps, no messing around straight for the jugular 

Yes sir! :) 

22 hours ago, Sheriff7 said:

image.png.1cc754f42794a224e05d7e27737b158b.png

What a beautiful pic! On of my main targets in every fm save.:applause:

As Stuttgart already had very high figures there, it wasnt that hard :) 

18 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Looking strong this season, really hoping you can keep the pace up and grab that title. You really rattle through the seasons!

We all want this damn title! :) 

spacer.png

FEARLESS AND FAITHFUL

SEASON 2032/33

The Second Half Of The Season

spacer.png

spacer.png

WINTER TRANSFERS

spacer.png

Holtz never really felt at home here. And he is no regular anymore anyway so we took the money.

Results

Spoiler

spacer.png

THE BUNDESLIGA TABLE

spacer.png

WE DID IT. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Another round of 16 exit but we managed to beat a strong Roma team. Despite that we have to improve here definitely.

THE YOUTH TEAM

VfB Stuttgart U19s

spacer.png

Our U19s won the national league! They went out in the 2nd round of the DFB Pokal der Junioren, and were beaten by Newcastle U19s in the 2nd knockout round of the UEFA Youth League.

YOUTH INTAKE 2034

spacer.png

A good intake this year. Pierozzi is the brightest talent in group of high potentials.

Edited by Carambau

22 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Congratulations! Very well deserved 

22 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Many congratulations, fantastic to see you take that title! Will you remain to try and defend it?

21 hours ago, rich ruzzian said:

Really nice to take the title away from Bayern. Now lets hope you can do better in the Champions League.

21 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Congratulations on the Title! Now do the Bayern thing and Buy their Best Player!

17 hours ago, warlock said:

Outstanding! Very well done. As for the Champions League, one step at a time, eh?

7 hours ago, SixPointer said:

Congratulations on the title!!

4 hours ago, john1 said:

GET IN :cool:

Thank you all for your support!!!!! :):)  :)

spacer.png

FEARLESS AND FAITHFUL

2033/34 Season Summery

spacer.png

I really got not too much to say this time. We definitely were no better than last season, but Bayern were weaker. So we were able to sneak away with the title this time. Of course, both strikers scoring like hell helped. But I think we will not be able to repeat this next season. Unless we strengthen our team massively, that is.

THE YOUTH TEAM

They won the national youth league but went out in round 2 of the DFB Pokal der Junioren and the 1st knockout round of the UEFA Youth League.

THE EUROPEAN CUP WINNERS

Champions League

spacer.png

spacer.png

Madrid win against a surprise finalist.

Europa League

spacer.png

spacer.png

Tottenham wins something for a change.

UEFA Conference League

spacer.png

spacer.png

Congrats to underdogs Elfsborg for reaching a European Final!

EUROPEAN DOMESTIC LEAGUES

spacer.png

ENGLAND

Spoiler

spacer.png

Newcastle win the title again.

spacer.png

SPAIN

Spoiler

spacer.png

Real Madrid are dominating again.

spacer.png

ITALY

Spoiler

spacer.png

Napoli have become an Italian top team.

spacer.png

FRANCE

PSG again.

(@Hootieleece ASSE sadly didn´t get promoted this season...)

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

FEARLESS AND FAITHFUL

SEASON 2034/35

THE TRANSFERS

spacer.png

The only prominent departure here is Mattia Viti, who I thought was getting a bit old and as we got good replacements already I decided to let his contract run out. Diop WAS already old, so good bye. The sale of Abbiati hurts a bit, as he was an Academy Product and might have had a good future here, but then again he was developing rather slowly so we let him go to Liverpool. The rest are mostly loans or sales of U19 players who didnt make it here.

spacer.png

We brought in only 2 new players this time. Galvez joined from Newcastle to bolster our central midfield and Christensen will be our 3rd keeper, meaning he will never play but has to keep his mouth shut.

spacer.png

I guess you cannot please ALL the fans... Galvez is 25 already though...? Meh, some people just want to complain!

THE TEAM ANALYSIS

Goalkeepers

spacer.png

Bruno is developing sensationally. He got 39 caps for Spain by now at the age of 22! Flavio does not really come close and of course neither does Christensen.

Defenders

spacer.png

Cristian Galli joins the first team after having spent last year on loan. We finally look in good shape here with Ziminsky, Piovaccari, Unterberger, Stefanovic and Hunter.

Midfielders

spacer.png

Fernando Ortega has been on loan at Bochum last season and has now returned. Jaksic is maturing into a great player. Kalokoh has improved even more.

Attackers

spacer.png

I am surprised they both are still playing for us. But there was no real interest from other clubs which is fine for me (and the club!).

THE PRE-SEASON FRIENDLIES

spacer.png

Lots of goals again and 5 wins in 5 games.

THE CLUB NEWS

spacer.png

Finally the media gets it.

CLUB NEWS

I have added a TROPHY CABINET to the starting page :) 

Edited by Carambau

37 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Can we get an updated screenshot of Petkovic, I want to see what a 5 star CA player looks like

Sure, As the current time in my save is already 6 months further, he has gone down stars-wise a bit. I´ll add the other 2 players with 4 1/2 stars too.

Petkovic

Ziminsky

Kalokoh

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

FEARLESS AND FAITHFUL

SEASON 2034/35

The First Half Of The Season

spacer.png

Results

Spoiler

spacer.png

THE BUNDESLIGA TABLE

spacer.png

We are already trailing 6 points behind Bayern. As predicted, I don´t think we can mount a serious title challenge this season. If nothing extraordinarily happens, we are happy to qualify for the Champions League this year, I guess. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

I know why I hate this cup.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Bayern make short work of us at the Allianz Arena and we are out.

spacer.png

spacer.png

3 Wins, 3 Defeats. 

THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE PHASE TABLE

spacer.png

We can still qualify.

THE YOUTH TEAM

VfB Stuttgart U19

Edited by Carambau

Those draws to Hannover and Nurnberg really hurt. Those are matches you should be winning, and Bayern are!

What makes them look worse is the fact that you beat them in Munich!