[FM23] Fearless and Faithful - VfB Stuttgart

Carambau

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 18/05/2023 at 23:24, Hootieleece said:

Those draws to Hannover and Nurnberg really hurt. Those are matches you should be winning, and Bayern are!

What makes them look worse is the fact that you beat them in Munich!

Ā 

Ā 

They did. Could be the decisive matches of the season... :(Ā 

On 19/05/2023 at 09:00, Dogfacedgremlin said:

A late congratulations with the title win!
This season seems to go just a a little bit less smooth.

Thanks mate :)Ā Yeah but I think thats normal after a title win.

23 hours ago, rich ruzzian said:

Champions League seems to be a stuggle again. With the teams from outside Germany it seems your team faces more diffeculty.Ā 

The German Cup was unlucky, drawing Bayern so soon.Ā 

It seems so indeed... The Cup wasnĀ“t that important to me, but it hurt that it was against Bayern of all teams :(Ā 

Ā spacer.png

FEARLESS AND FAITHFUL

SEASON 2034/35

The Second Half Of The Season

spacer.png

Ā 

WINTER TRANSFERS

spacer.png

BlackburnĀ provides more options in our attack.

Results

Spoiler

Ā 

spacer.png

Ā 

THE BUNDESLIGA TABLE

spacer.png

We finish the season in 3rd position, behind Bayern AND Dortmund. There COULD have been more in it for us, the chances were there to take. But we just squandered a lot of these chances and drew/lost against so-called minor teams. Best example being our defeat at home against Jahn Regensburg in the penultimate game of the season. Martinez & Petkovic were on fire again though but to no avail.

Ā 

spacer.png

Ā 

spacer.png

We started comfortably into the knockout rounds, defeating Atletico convincingly. Then came Man City and we were knocked out once more by an English team.

Ā 

THE YOUTH TEAM

VfB Stuttgart U19s

Our U19s finished second in the league this season. They also made it to the semi final of the DFB Pokal der Junioren, losing against 1.FC Koln U19s,Ā and were beaten by Marseille U19s in the 2nd knockout round of theĀ UEFA Youth League.Ā 

Ā 

YOUTH INTAKE 2035

spacer.png

A good intake this year. Klauss is the brightest talent in a group of high potentials.

Edited by Carambau

38 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Unlucky with 3rd place, but only a few points away again from the title. Great returns yet again from your strikers.

IĀ“m sure I will appreciate this achievement a bit more with a few days gone :)Ā 

Ā Ā spacer.png

FEARLESS AND FAITHFUL

Ā 

2034/35 Season Summery

spacer.png

The season wasnĀ“t THAT bad. Not at all. The team has grown together nicely and we are scoring lots of goals. LetĀ“s just hope there will be a more successful outcome next year. The potential to win more silverware is there, definitely. We wonĀ“t have to add too many new players IĀ“d say as this is a tight knit bunch.

Ā 

THE YOUTH TEAM

Our U19s finished second in the league this season. They also made it to the semi final of the DFB Pokal der Junioren, losing against 1.FC Koln U19s,Ā and were beaten by Marseille U19s in the 2nd knockout round of theĀ UEFA Youth League.

Ā 

Ā 

THE EUROPEAN CUP WINNERS

Ā 

Champions League

spacer.png

spacer.png

Damn BayernĀ win the treble.

Ā 

Ā 

Europa League

spacer.png

spacer.png

Man UtdĀ add another Europa League title to their trophy cabinet.

Ā 

UEFA Conference League

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hertha wins something.

Ā 

EUROPEAN DOMESTIC LEAGUES

spacer.png

ENGLAND

Spoiler

spacer.png

NewcastleĀ win the title again.

spacer.png

SPAIN

Spoiler

spacer.png

Real Madrid are dominating again.

spacer.png

ITALY
Ā 

Spoiler

spacer.png

NapoliĀ have become an Italian top team.

spacer.png

FRANCE

PSG again.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

FEARLESS AND FAITHFUL

SEASON 2035/36

THE TRANSFERS

spacer.png

No prominent departures this time. Maybe long-time servant Tom Krauss and Cristian Galli, who would not make it here. I regret losing Ibrahim Berber, as he was an exciting prospect but sometimes you canĀ“t do anything. The rest are loans to our affiliate and other clubs to gain match practice.Ā 

spacer.png

Four new players. Patino bolsters our central midfield, Garelli and Henrion are planned for the wings and Zdravkov is a right back talent.

Ā 

THE TEAM ANALYSIS

Goalkeepers

spacer.png

Nothing at all has changed here.

Defenders

spacer.png

ZdravkovĀ is a bright talent on the right. Nothing else has changed here either. Unterberger develops well.

Midfielders

spacer.png

GarelliĀ is ready for the first team. Patino is a backup.

Attackers

spacer.png

Henrion is there to learn from our dynamic duo.

Ā 

Ā 

THE PRE-SEASON FRIENDLIES

spacer.png

We conceded at least one goal in every pre-season game. A bit worrying.

Ā 

THE CLUB NEWS

spacer.png

Accurate.

Edited by Carambau

2 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Bayern always seem to bounce back even stronger when you beat them! But another great season from your boys nonetheless.Ā 

They are relentless... :(Ā 

1 hour ago, Dogfacedgremlin said:

Nice transfers.

Thanks! I hope they turn out a successĀ :)Ā 

Edited by Carambau

2 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Good luck this year. Quite a contrast to my squad (11 years behind) as I noticed you only have three German players.

Thank you :)Ā Now that you mention it - wow! I really didnt pay that much attention to nationalities anymore but this really surprised meĀ :eek:Ā Time for new Academy prospects to come through!Ā 

Ā spacer.png

FEARLESS AND FAITHFUL

SEASON 2035/36

The First Half Of The Season

spacer.png

Results

Spoiler

spacer.png

THE BUNDESLIGA TABLE

spacer.png

VfL ****ING Wolfsburg!!! If it wasnt for our last game against them we would have gone unbeaten in the Bundesliga for the first half of the season! But no, we got a red card in the FOURTH minute and it was all downhill from then. But wait a minute... are there ANY other reasons to complain? Ummm.... nope. :)Ā Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

spacer.png

spacer.png

This is looking good again.

Ā 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Only 2 defeats this time with 2 games to go. In the Champions League Phase League Table we are looking comfortable to qualify for the knockout rounds.

Ā 

THE YOUTH TEAM

VfB Stuttgart U19

Edited by Carambau

A great start to the season, despite the unlucky last game. Bayern have lost three, but still close enough to push you all the way. Surprised to see St Pauli in 4th!

Going well in your annual DFB-Pokal trophy-lifting preliminary matches, and also good Champions League form.

9 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Good luck this year. Quite a contrast to my squad (11 years behind) as I noticed you only have three German players.

This is a good point - in fact my squad was going the same way till i took notice and brought in a few German players in the last window. Even then i think we had 6-7 of them total in the squad.Ā 

7 hours ago, Carambau said:

Ā spacer.png

FEARLESS AND FAITHFUL

SEASON 2035/36

spacer.png

Results

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

THE BUNDESLIGA TABLE

spacer.png

VfL ****ING Wolfsburg!!! If it wasnt for our last game against them we would have gone unbeaten in the Bundesliga for the first half of the season! But no, we got a red card in the FOURTH minute and it was all downhill from then. But wait a minute... are there ANY other reasons to complain? Ummm.... nope. :)Ā Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

spacer.png

spacer.png

This is looking good again.

Ā 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Only 2 defeats this time with 2 games to go. In the Champions League Phase League Table we are looking comfortable to qualify for the knockout rounds.

Ā 

THE YOUTH TEAM

VfB Stuttgart U19

Good going! That's a very decent lead you have got, hope you'll can hold on for the title. Just don't pull an arsenal ;)

On 21/05/2023 at 22:24, Jogo Bonito said:

A great start to the season, despite the unlucky last game. Bayern have lost three, but still close enough to push you all the way. Surprised to see St Pauli in 4th!

Going well in your annual DFB-Pokal trophy-lifting preliminary matches, and also good Champions League form.

Thank you! It is indeed looking very good this time :)Ā 

On 22/05/2023 at 05:04, karanhsingh said:

This is a good point - in fact my squad was going the same way till i took notice and brought in a few German players in the last window. Even then i think we had 6-7 of them total in the squad.Ā 

Good going! That's a very decent lead you have got, hope you'll can hold on for the title. Just don't pull an arsenal ;)

Who is Arsenal? ;)Ā 

On 23/05/2023 at 08:59, Dogfacedgremlin said:

What a great run of results!

Thanks! Ɲeah now we have to make the most of it! :)Ā 

Ā spacer.png

FEARLESS AND FAITHFUL

SEASON 2035/36

spacer.png

Results

Spoiler

Ā 

spacer.png

Ā 

THE BUNDESLIGA TABLE

spacer.png

16 points ahead of our former nemesis. Martinez scoring 33 goals and winning the POTY award. The big question is: Is this the power shift in german football? The Gotterdammerung? It somehow feels like. Bayern are getting older and older and seem on the decline. But we will have to wait for next season to get a proper answer on this.

Ā 

Ā 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Guess whoĀ“s that hattrick striker? Hernandez is OUR player out on loan at St. Pauli! And he nearly cost us this title. Nearly.

Ā 

Ā 

spacer.png

Ā 

spacer.png

We were flying through to the quarter finals and then we go out against RB LEIPZIG of all teams!!! A big disappointment at first sight, but we really can be proud of our european journey, beating Juventus and PSG on the way, especially about that second leg vs PSG where we came back from the dead to win it:Ā 

spacer.png

An unbelievable match where I had lost all hope already but my boys made me proud. Especially super-sub Robbie Blackburn who scored a brace. PSG were of course bad losers and the pressĀ hated us for eliminating the star squad.Ā Our captain praised my half time-talk though which I found nice.

Ā 

Ā 

YOUTH INTAKE 2036

spacer.png

A good intake this year. Muller is the brightest talent in a group of high potentials.

Ā 

AWARDS

spacer.png

Joaquin MartinezĀ is officially the best footballer in the world. And he is playing for VfB Stuttgart. He also won the other award.

Ā 

Edited by Carambau

Ā Ā Ā spacer.png

FEARLESS AND FAITHFUL

Ā 

2035/36 Season Summery

spacer.png

A fantastic season for almost everyone! Blackburn showed that he can be more than a super sub and the season also saw the emergence of Ziemann as an assist king. Patino will leave after this season and so will Lucio Flavio who never made it here. To be honest, there really is no need for new players as this bunch is so tight knit. This is a proper team.

Ā 

THE YOUTH TEAM

spacer.png

spacer.png

Our U19s fwon the Leauge! In a dominant season there was no doubt whoĀ“d win it in the end. In the DFB Pokal der Junioren, they lost against VfL Bochum U19s in the 2nd round,Ā and inĀ theĀ UEFA Youth LeagueĀ they reached the final, losing to Barcelona U19s only after an unlucky penalty shootout.

spacer.png

Unlucky.

Ā 

THE EUROPEAN CUP WINNERS

Ā 

Champions League

spacer.png

spacer.png

Man UnitedĀ win it once more.

Ā 

Europa League

spacer.png

spacer.png

Sevilla,Ā who else?

Ā 

UEFA Conference League

spacer.png

spacer.png

BasqueĀ in glory!

Ā 

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

FEARLESS AND FAITHFUL

SEASON 2036/37

THE TRANSFERS

spacer.png

PedoneĀ“s departure hurts because he had lots of potential. But he wanted to leave so we let him. Garelli wasnĀ“t that good so we took the money. The rest are loans for our youth players.

spacer.png

Lasisi is a world class talent who already got caps for Germany, but we loaned him back to his former club for this season to help him get more playing time in this young age of onlyĀ 18 years. We needed a backup keeper and Noll came in. He wonĀ“t play much though.

Ā 

THE TEAM ANALYSIS

Goalkeepers

spacer.png

Behind Bruno, Academy product Ekwalla and Noll will battle it out.

Defenders

spacer.png

ZdravkovĀ is developing well, Mohammed Adams is an Academy product with bags of talent.

Midfielders

spacer.png

BlackburnĀ is on the rise, Ulrich and Milambo seem to be on the decline a bit.

Attackers

spacer.png

The World Class Strike Partnership.

Ā 

Ā 

spacer.png

5 wins, 1 draw. Nice.

Ā 

THE CLUB NEWS

spacer.png

Bayern, we are coming for you.

59 minutes ago, Carambau said:

Bayern, we are coming for you

3 hours ago, Carambau said:

16 points ahead of our former nemesis

I'd say you've already got them. Congrats on another great season.

22 hours ago, warlock said:

I'd say you've already got them. Congrats on another great season.

Technically you are right :)Ā Thank you!

20 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Phenomenal season! Now for the champions league!

Thanks! That should be our next aim :)Ā 

Ā spacer.png

FEARLESS AND FAITHFUL

SEASON 2036/37

spacer.png

Results

Spoiler

spacer.png

THE BUNDESLIGA TABLE

spacer.png

Finally a really really good start into the season! No defeat this time. And all that despite Martinez only having scored 11 in the league. ThatĀ“s because Blackburn is evolving as a great striker and we had to rotate more which proved beneficial to the team. Lovely to see Bayern only in 6th, already 15 points behind us. Good times.

Ā 

Ā 

spacer.png

spacer.png

We were cruising through the rounds.

Ā 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Only 2 defeats this time with 2 games to go. In the Champions League Phase League Table we are again looking comfortable to qualify for the knockout rounds.

Ā 

THE YOUTH TEAM

VfB Stuttgart U19

Edited by Carambau

3 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Looking Good! Time for the treble and retiring for new fields to conquer.

On our way, Sir! :)Ā 

3 hours ago, Dogfacedgremlin said:

Wow impressive to win the double!

And you seem to be heading for a 3rd title already.

Its looking good :)Ā 

Ā Ā spacer.png

FEARLESS AND FAITHFUL

SEASON 2036/37

spacer.png

Ā 

Winter Transfer

Ā 

spacer.png

We sign Junior from Flamengo on a free. (You could also just have looked at the image above to get this information)

spacer.png

Bolstering our midfield.

Results

Spoiler

Ā 

spacer.png

Ā 

THE BUNDESLIGA TABLE

spacer.png

The power shift has happened. Bayern finished only in 4th, 19 points behind us.

Ā 

Ā 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

We let them have it. But the result is a bit cringe.

Ā 

Ā 

spacer.png

Ā 

spacer.png

What a ride! We beat the big ones on the way to the Champions League Final. But then Real Madrid took us apart. Anyway, Europe we are here to stay!

spacer.png

They were just too efficient. We couldnĀ“t do much. I hope we learn from it.

spacer.png

Congratulations, Bruno!

Ā 

YOUTH INTAKE 2037

spacer.png

A good intake this year. Martina is the brightest talent in a group of high potentials.

Ā 

AWARDS

Joaquin Martinez again won the Ballon dĀ“Ɠr.Ā He also won the other award.

Edited by Carambau

12 hours ago, Dogfacedgremlin said:

Wow what a great season!

Thanks! I was rather easy this time indeed :)Ā 

11 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Great Season only to be ruined by Real Madrid.

That loss of the Pokal was shameful.

Ā 

Try for the Treble Next Season and Retire on top of the World!

Ā 

Thank you! The cup defeat was a desaster but sometimes it just happens... The CL is the next target for sure :)Ā 

Ā Ā Ā spacer.png

FEARLESS AND FAITHFUL

Ā 

2036/37 Season Summery

spacer.png

This probably has been the best season since Baxter took over. A fantastic season if you only look at the attacking power we had. Still, our defense was a mess in some games, as everyone could witness in both the DFB Pokal and Champions League Final. Maybe we need players there who know how to cope in a final. We will see about that.

Ā 

THE YOUTH TEAM

spacer.png

This was probably one of the worst season of our U19s since Baxter took over. Only 7th in the league and two 2nd round exits in both the Pokal and the Youth League.

Ā 

THE EUROPEAN CUP WINNERS

Ā 

Champions League

spacer.png

spacer.png

Oh well...

Ā 

Europa League

spacer.png

spacer.png

MilanĀ win something.

Ā 

UEFA Conference League

spacer.png

spacer.png

The final of the Underdogs aka the Axel Marti Show.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

FEARLESS AND FAITHFUL

SEASON 2037/38

THE TRANSFERS

spacer.png

We had to let super-talented Aveille go as his contract was running out in 2038 and he didnt want to extend it. Tottenham paid a nice sum for him. There rest are again loans for the youngsters.

spacer.png

We are turning the tables - now its US who snatch the players from Bayern! Brekalo will be loaned out this season though as he is too young still.Ā Paterne Mboyo is also a nice talent.

Ā 

THE TEAM ANALYSIS

Goalkeepers

spacer.png

Bruno and then the 2 youngsters Ekwalla and Muller.

Defenders

spacer.png

No changes here. I hope the development continues.

Midfielders

spacer.png

TsoulikasĀ is an Academy product who joins after a season on loan and Lasisi returns from his loan at St. Pauli as well.

Attackers

spacer.png

Our 3 world class attackers.

Ā 

Ā 

THE CLUB WORLD CUP

spacer.png

spacer.png

We took part for the first time in this competition and won our group.

spacer.png

We then went out to PSG in the quarter finals. Anyway, this is a joke competition.

Ā 

spacer.png

These went well.

Ā 

THE CLUB NEWS

spacer.png

Finally.

Edited by Carambau

Now that is proper domination in the league! To win the CL final against veterans Real Madrid at the first time of asking was probably a bridge too far.

Also love that you can sign a player from Bayern for 42m and proceed to loan him outĀ :lol:

On 29/05/2023 at 23:51, Jogo Bonito said:

Stunning performance in the league last year and a great run to the CL Final. The heavy defeat there and in the DFB-Pokal might hurt briefly, but you can brush that off and reflect on a really strong challenge on all fronts.

ThatĀ“s what we are planning :)Ā 

On 30/05/2023 at 09:15, karanhsingh said:

Now that is proper domination in the league! To win the CL final against veterans Real Madrid at the first time of asking was probably a bridge too far.

Also love that you can sign a player from Bayern for 42m and proceed to loan him outĀ :lol:

Yeah, i grinned at the humiliation of Bayern :)

On 30/05/2023 at 09:39, Dogfacedgremlin said:

The fact that in the preview Stuttgart is named as favorite says it all..

I was pleasantly surprised :)Ā 

On 30/05/2023 at 16:32, Hootieleece said:

Like I said Go for the Treble! If you win it Retire this save!

Ā 

This sounds good to me :)Ā 

Ā spacer.png

FEARLESS AND FAITHFUL

SEASON 2037/38

spacer.png

Results

Spoiler

spacer.png

THE BUNDESLIGA TABLE

spacer.png

Not as good as last season but still in the title race. Dortmund are leading for a change. Nice to see our nemesis only in 4th place.

Ā 

Ā 

spacer.png

spacer.png

**** you Bayern.

Ā 

spacer.png

spacer.png

We are topping the Champions League Phase League TableĀ Ā despite the home defeat against Man City.

Ā 

Edited by Carambau

Ā Ā spacer.png

FEARLESS AND FAITHFUL

SEASON 2037/38

spacer.png

Results

Spoiler

Ā 

spacer.png

Ā 

THE BUNDESLIGA TABLE

spacer.png

In the end it was 3 points that separated us from Dortmund but it really wasnĀ“t that close if you look at it. We secured the title with 2 games remaining. Bayern finished 3rd.

Ā 

Ā 

spacer.png

Ā 

spacer.png

A quarter final exit this time. Arsenal outcountered us in their own stadium and parked the bus in the 2nd leg. We have to take another shot next season.

Ā 

Ā 

YOUTH INTAKE 2038

spacer.png

A good intake this year. HoffmannĀ is the brightest talent in a group of high potentials.

Ā 

AWARDS

Joaquin Martinez again won the Ballon dĀ“Ɠr.Ā He also won the other award.

Edited by Carambau

Ā Ā Ā spacer.png

FEARLESS AND FAITHFUL

Ā 

2037/38 Season Summery

spacer.png

There really isnt much to say this time. We had one goal and we failed. We were not able to perform when it mattered most and so we have to mount another challenge next season. Come on!

Ā 

THE YOUTH TEAM

spacer.png

A very bad season for our U19s as they only finished 5th in the League. And they lost against St.Pauli U19s in the 2nd roundĀ of the DFB Pokal der Junioren,Ā and inĀ theĀ UEFA Youth LeagueĀ they went already out in the group phase stage.

Ā 

Ā 

THE EUROPEAN CUP WINNERS

Ā 

Champions League

spacer.png

spacer.png

LiverpoolĀ beat Madrid this time.

Ā 

Europa League

spacer.png

spacer.png

Valencia,Ā who else?

Ā 

UEFA Conference League

spacer.png

spacer.png

ChelseaĀ do it.

Edited by Carambau

On 01/06/2023 at 19:05, Dogfacedgremlin said:

You finally got rid of Bayern and now there is Dortmund to annoy you :p

Looks like that! :)Ā 

2 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Good lick in the fight with Dortmund, it looks like a battle between just you and them this year. Going even better in the CL, long may it continue that way.

Thank you! We did it, if only in the leagueĀ :)Ā 

1 hour ago, Hootieleece said:

Two Horse race for the Bundesliga hopefully you finish strong!

Ā 

In the end we prevailed :)Ā