Cash infusion! Where is it?!?

In my save I was notified that the board was backing me and I’d gotten a large cash infusion.  With a splashy cheque and everything.  The message said it was undecided how much if it would be used on players.  

Now it is a couple weeks later, the transfer window is ticking away and I’ve heard nothing.  How long does that normally take?  

The infusion was £19m, but I’m fighting with a transfer budget of 780k with newly promoted side in need of strengthening!  There has been no mention since of upgraded facilities, a new stadium of anything like that.  

C26F52F0-AB78-40B4-924F-D058421FD705.png

• 2 weeks later...

Previously in this save, that happened when I was in a different job.  

but in this one, The only thing I’ve noticed is that my stadium got bigger without me requesting it and without any message saying so.  I just noticed it was bigger.  

otherwise, nothing has been mentioned yet.  Maybe next offseason?

the board has given me another cash infusion, with the same result.  no extra money to spend, and nothing changed.

this time, at least, when i requested an upgrade of facilities they finally said yes (i've been asking for over a year).  i don't think that's related to the cash, as they said no after both cheques many times before finally agreeing.