Max Staff Wages Decreasing

Hey, I wondered if anyone else had encountered this. I'm coming to renew my staff wages and have found that my max staff wage for pretty much every staff role has decreased significantly, so much so that there's many members of staff whose contracts I cannot renew. Has anyone else had this happen or is this a bug?

I'll add myself to the question here, I've seen it happen in my Wisla save. Was unable to renew basically the entirety of the staff I had on an expiring contract, as the max I was able to offer was suddenly lower. Could it be something related to the Jan. update? I find it hard to believe it's something related to Club finances, as, at least in my case, they are definitely better now than compared to the time when those staff members were originally signed. 

Yeah I can echo that my finances seem to be broadly good, unless it was a response to the mid-season financial slump. There was no notification of this happening either, it seems to just have occurred at some point overnight across multiple staff roles.