Feedback on this tactic, useless since update!

I have been trying to use a tactic I created a while back, focusing on possession. Not sure if it is just a coincidence but since the update, it has been terrible

It worked so well previously, with various teams. I have players that fit the roles and my team should be pushing for promotion.

I was just wondering if there are glaring issues.

20230313122253_1.jpg.a0fa1a02d41301aa15cb9fa139e4d7ad.jpg

I'd at least change one or both IWs to Support, no need for both of them to be Attack. Looks for Underlaps seems a bit of a pointless instruction too as your WBs will overlap your IWs. Focus play through the middle may not be needed either, your DLP should naturally attract the ball to start the build up of attacks and your team will naturally look to your wide areas. Looks a very nice base :thup: 

7 hours ago, Mardy said:

I have been trying to use a tactic I created a while back, focusing on possession. Not sure if it is just a coincidence but since the update, it has been terrible

It worked so well previously, with various teams. I have players that fit the roles and my team should be pushing for promotion.

I was just wondering if there are glaring issues.

20230313122253_1.jpg.a0fa1a02d41301aa15cb9fa139e4d7ad.jpg

Usually if your team starts losing it's about team dynamics rather than tactics.

A midseason slump in form can also happen if they squad is super tired, especially at lower divisions where you have to play twice a week. Opposition managers may be adjusting to your tactic as well.

On focusing the play through an area of the pitch, it'll exhaust those players. I find it better used in sections of a game rather than a staple in the tactic. 

Also, you're set up for a lot of crosses but it looks like you're a bit short on height up front. You could try bumping an IW up to a TF (or any striker w good jumping reach) to pair with the PF. That would give you another avenue to score goals by.

How is it focused on possession when you counter and have the forward(s) on attack is my question. In my opinion, the forward should retreat in a possession-based system.What do you see in the highlights?

28 minutes ago, Cloud9 said:

Also, you're set up for a lot of crosses but it looks like you're a bit short on height up front.

He's using low crosses though.

25 minutes ago, Poison said:

How is it focused on possession when you counter and have the forward(s) on attack is my question. In my opinion, the forward should retreat in a possession-based system.What do you see in the highlights?

He's using low crosses though.

A striker partnership works well because they can compliment the others strengths/weaknesses,

In this occasion yes he's hitting them low to his PF. Like I said it's another avenue to score goals by. There's a number of players in the tactic hitting crosses and it's a way to fix the redundant double IW(a) like @Johnny Ace mentioned. By introducing height to the frontline you've got another way your team can play, through knocked down balls and headers.