adjusted current ability of a player - more exponential growth

Drago_zgb

Hello dear developers, and FM fanatics.

I would like to get some feedback from both sides before closing topic :)

I think there could be different ability change in players. Currently, we have CA/PA based attributes. And they grow linear, like +1 every year. Ofc if it is wonderkid and everything about his development is great.
And that is about it. you know how his development is going and how long it is going to take for him to become world class player. And it is quite boring and not realistic. There should be periods where one player can develop much more in single year. As in reality, and as Fm change it attributes in real life.

Let me explain more. We, the FM fanatics, are eager to play new FM each year because of new players and new attributes changes of players from year before. And that is the best thing about new FM, more interesting than 5-10 small changes in gameplay.

There are thousand of examples of players drastically changing in FM in one year time. Because they actually changed drastically in real life. For instance, you can take Halaand, Kvaratschelia, Alvarez. Gvardiol, Darwin Nunez and all top wonderkids in the game. Here is example to understand better:

Here is Kvaratskhelia in Fm22

kvarat22.png.2152e000c7f91c3becdeb402a1ffa220.png

and here is him in FM 23

kvatrat23.png.d8ca193e8ae7993fed2bad49027bd1f5.png

Ofcourse, there is scouting to consider, but player actually changed drastically when arrived to Napoli and begun to play at much higher level than before.

If it was normal Fm CA/PA ability he would never achieve that, and it would need him to be 15yo in first pic and 28 in second to get that much change.

Now, i think you understand what i am saying.

There should be some exponential growth of players, not just linear like now. It doesnt need to change CA/PA system, it just need to be able to change much more CA in period on one year. And it should be based on several things such as:

• level of play (league he plays in)
  • training (both facilities and coaches)
  • amount of play (more he plays, more he develops)
  • outside influence (either from you, the manager, other players, mentor, idols or interaction with him)

I know this things are responsible for development already, and that wonderkid wont develop the same in league 2 club and in premiership club, but there must be much much faster rate of development once he comes to better league, coaches, facilities.

Another point of my point: we know Halaand is in top3 attackers in the world, bot in real life and FM, and there was massive changes when he arrived in Salzburg, and then in Dortmund. In course of 18 months he came from playing Molde (was only big talent then), to playing in dortmund and being one of best attackers in the world. And noone can say that he developed the same in period when he was playing for Molde, and now when he plays for Man City. His most change was when he was playing in Salzburg and first half of career in Dortmund. Later he became slightly better, and would probably still improve, but not as much.

to put it in CA/PA numbers, i would say (my guess ) that his CA were like this:

• 2016 Byrne 80
  • 2017 Molde 85
  • 2018 Molde 90
  • 2019 Molde 95
  • 2019 Salzburg 115
  • 2020 Salzburg 140
  • 2020 Dortmund 170
  • 2021 Dortmund 185
  • 2022 Dortmund 190
  • 2023 Man City 195

There is no way that newgen would develop in FM with PA of 195, he would have to have CA 130 (15yo) to reach CA 195 (23yo), and only playing at highest level from the age of 15.

If you were to bring newgen with CA 95 at the age of 19, there is no way you could ever develop him to CA of 195 in 2 years.

Ofcourse, there should be more drastic decline in attributes for players in higher age. and with weaker determination. Player should also be able to drop from 195 to 130 CA in 18 months time to make it realistic.

In the end, i now this was quite boring and repetitive post, but i wanted to show my idea properly.

Again, one of the best part of new FMs are new attributes of players that boomed in real life since last FM release. And current rate of developing newgen wonderkid is boring (you buy them young, have best facilities and coaches, play him maximum, loan him at best clubs, and yet you have to wait 5-6 years to develop to a decent level).

Hope you understand me, and i hope i'll get some feedback from comunnity, both positive and negative ones.

Thanks you!

• 5 weeks later...