Ancelotti's Madrid Replication

So I'm trying to replicate Ancelotti's tactics against Liverpool where he played Kroos-Camavinga and Modric altogether

The difficulty is really to find the Modric Role but i think that I got it right. 

Here's my tactic(Don't mind the faces):

image.png.a0ac2946c4ba13b3ffdc4aa644327b1b.png

The Modric Role:

image.png.eb33d58b221a31396217e9b38ba0b6b0.png

I added close down more because Modric was often the one initiating the press against Liverpool's CB during the game with Benzema

and he usually moved to the channels when valverde wasnt there or to connect with valverde.

The Valverde Role:

image.png.aaedf086ec270cebdffde894ce2050c3.png

So Valverde didnt really have a fixed position this game, he was pressing the opposition but sometimes he would cut inside to the middle of the pitch or stay wide ( * in rare occasions)

Other things I added:

W-A: Roam from Position ( Vini often stayed wide and rarely was cutting inside without the ball like an IF would do, he wasnt sitting in the halfspace like IW would do too so I think W-A represents him well.)

WB-su: Stay Wide, Shoot Less Often

I would like to know what do y'all think of this too. Thanks for reading me.

I've tested the tactic against Liverpool and it played like how they played irl but the difference is that Real Madrid didn't really control the midfield:

image.thumb.png.b06b3eca15d48d08d67a791c06d793cc.png

image.thumb.png.492989d9cd257b643262e4fdc5c674cb.png

image.thumb.png.b805733afff8d180fbbb3ef359d7d673.png

image.png.fa68fffb0baa9576985516fd2b693e9a.png

I can also post the Liverpool tactic I used if y'all want to.

2 hours ago, paracoolo said:

So I'm trying to replicate Ancelotti's tactics against Liverpool where he played Kroos-Camavinga and Modric altogether

The difficulty is really to find the Modric Role but i think that I got it right. 

Here's my tactic(Don't mind the faces):

image.png.a0ac2946c4ba13b3ffdc4aa644327b1b.png

The Modric Role:

image.png.eb33d58b221a31396217e9b38ba0b6b0.png

I added close down more because Modric was often the one initiating the press against Liverpool's CB during the game with Benzema

and he usually moved to the channels when valverde wasnt there or to connect with valverde.

The Valverde Role:

image.png.aaedf086ec270cebdffde894ce2050c3.png

So Valverde didnt really have a fixed position this game, he was pressing the opposition but sometimes he would cut inside to the middle of the pitch or stay wide ( * in rare occasions)

Other things I added:

W-A: Roam from Position ( Vini often stayed wide and rarely was cutting inside without the ball like an IF would do, he wasnt sitting in the halfspace like IW would do too so I think W-A represents him well.)

WB-su: Stay Wide, Shoot Less Often

I would like to know what do y'all think of this too. Thanks for reading me.

I'd try Modric as a RPM, Kroos as a CM(s), Vini as an IW(a) w/stay wider, drop Camavinga into the holding role with dribble more, Nacho as FB(s), Valverde BBM.

Edited by Cloud9

17 minutes ago, Cloud9 said:

I'd try Modric as a RPM, Kroos as a CM(s), Vini as an IW(a) w/stay wider, drop Camavinga into the holding role with dribble more, Nacho as FB(s), Valverde BBM.

modric rpm doesnt make sense since kroos is always the one who touches the ball the most, so Kroos for DLP makes sense, Modric shouldnt have a playmaker role since he is not a ball magnet irl. Vini as IW-A makes no sense since the IW tends to cut diagonally which Vini never does irl, Vini brings the ball into the side of the box and starts to 1V1/cut there. He never cuts with the ball before that.  And camavinga imo the best role that could represent him is vol-su in the cdm position but you cant play a volante in the cdm position in FM only RDM/LDM. Valverde BBM? How? Defensively he plays on the wing . nacho fb-su or wb-de makes sense to me yeah

image.png.6e926564c4d9e96dedd6e5dc71cc8acc.png

Edited by paracoolo

12 minutes ago, paracoolo said:

modric rpm doesnt make sense since kroos is always the one who touches the ball the most, so Kroos for DLP makes sense, Modric shouldnt have a playmaker role since he is not a ball magnet irl. Vini as IW-A makes no sense since the IW tends to cut diagonally which Vini never does irl, Vini brings the ball into the side of the box and starts to 1V1/cut there. He never cuts with the ball before that.  And camavinga imo the best role that could represent him is vol-su in the cdm position but you cant play a volante in the cdm position in FM only RDM/LDM. Valverde BBM? How? Defensively he plays on the wing . nacho fb-su or wb-de makes sense to me yeah

image.png.6e926564c4d9e96dedd6e5dc71cc8acc.png

and if u think Carrilero is restrictive, look at how much modric is dribbling and his passing and the instructions I gave to the CAR role. IT emulates modric Perfectly imo image.png.e506eb8fb613209545700332ed13090e.png

Edited by paracoolo