What team to manage in France?

HugoDantes

I want to start managing in Ligue 1, but having really hard time to pick  a team. Im torn between managing Montpellier, Best an Auxerre. I would like to manage a team that I can devalop and in 1-2 season fight for european competitions. Im lookin to manage in France for 3-4 seasons than move to a bigger league when my reputation increases.

Pros and cons:

Montpellier: best finanses, biggest budget, biggest stadium with 32000 capacity, good balance of some top talents and experianced players. I love the 3d kits and I like the history of the club. With some luck I could get the club in european competition the first season. Is it to easy?

Brest: 0 in budget, but some good players that can eventually be sold for profit. Smallest stadium with 15000 capacity. I love the 3d kits and they have a decent team. A club thats in a middle of pack. Not good enough to push for Europe the first season. Historically there best ever position in Ligue 1 was 8. place.

Auxerre: ok budget that lets me buy a few very cheap talents. First team wil need a huge reinvestment, but with some cheap talents it can work. Small stadium with 19000 capacity. Some decent players, but generally no talents. I like the history of the club and its a club thats good for devaloping talents. I find a 3d kits boring to watch, they are plain white. :-) First season is all about not to get relagated.

Any toughts please? do you have experiance managing this clubs or in France generally?

I always start in France because if you take PSG to one side, it's very competitive.  I always start in Ligue 2 though and usually at a team who have fallen on hard times.  One thing you do notice in France is that so many teams have great youth systems, so there are a lot of good young players around.  

One team I really enjoyed managing because of that and actually took them into the European spots after a few seasons were Sochaux (not in FM23).  They've got a great youth system and a lot of potential.  So I would recommend them or Le Havre.  Even though they are in Ligue 2 i'm sure you could take them up after a while.  And once that happens you'll just go from strength to strength.

But if you really want a Ligue 1 team i'd choose FC Nantes.

9 minutes ago, gggfunk said:

I want to start in Ligue 1 too and my pick is going to be Nantes. Not sure if you care about such things but they have so beautiful kits!

I do care about kits and I was considering Nantes too. :-)

There are many good midtable teams in France to take over and Nantes is one of them. The reason I did not go for Nantes is becouse its historically one of the top clubs in France and I would like to kind of create the history of the club while Im there. So clubs with multiple league wins are a no go for me, but its a great club to manage if you are not so picky as I am. :-)

It's not as easy as you think imho, even Montpellier would be a challenge. AI brings lots of good players in the top 5-6 teams. I managed them last year and boy was it hard! I'd go with them since it's a very likable team.

2 hours ago, HugoDantes said:

I want to start managing in Ligue 1, but having really hard time to pick  a team. Im torn between managing Montpellier, Best an Auxerre. I would like to manage a team that I can devalop and in 1-2 season fight for european competitions. Im lookin to manage in France for 3-4 seasons than move to a bigger league when my reputation increases.

Pros and cons:

Montpellier: best finanses, biggest budget, biggest stadium with 32000 capacity, good balance of some top talents and experianced players. I love the 3d kits and I like the history of the club. With some luck I could get the club in european competition the first season. Is it to easy?

Brest: 0 in budget, but some good players that can eventually be sold for profit. Smallest stadium with 15000 capacity. I love the 3d kits and they have a decent team. A club thats in a middle of pack. Not good enough to push for Europe the first season. Historically there best ever position in Ligue 1 was 8. place.

Auxerre: ok budget that lets me buy a few very cheap talents. First team wil need a huge reinvestment, but with some cheap talents it can work. Small stadium with 19000 capacity. Some decent players, but generally no talents. I like the history of the club and its a club thats good for devaloping talents. I find a 3d kits boring to watch, they are plain white. :-) First season is all about not to get relagated.

Any toughts please? do you have experiance managing this clubs or in France generally?

There is a French League thread already on here buddy if you want to look in there for inspiration or ask the people in there