Thought's on my 4231

Just looking for opinion on my current formation, Would anyone change anything or suggestion with regards to team instructions.

Looking to play attacking style and control the game but I seem to be giving up possession in daft area's and the few goals I have conceded have been avoidable, I had a tactic on last years game which worked very well but just don't seem to be getting it right on this years version.

Current tactic and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

image.thumb.png.8276e2da60d758985166b18c2f55273b.png

Results so far 

image.thumb.png.f2e0cd5bb9548f0d8485178b677b2999.png

1 hour ago, lewisguy said:

Just looking for opinion on my current formation, Would anyone change anything or suggestion with regards to team instructions.

Looking to play attacking style and control the game but I seem to be giving up possession in daft area's and the few goals I have conceded have been avoidable, I had a tactic on last years game which worked very well but just don't seem to be getting it right on this years version.

Current tactic and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

image.thumb.png.8276e2da60d758985166b18c2f55273b.png

Results so far 

image.thumb.png.f2e0cd5bb9548f0d8485178b677b2999.png

Think the core of your problem is your double pivot. Mezzala (s) leaves Casemiro really exposed.

If you're concerned w/losing possession, try dropping the tempo.

None of the front are really contributing defensively. Try to get a few more soldiers in with the artists. 

Edited by Cloud9

1 minute ago, Cloud9 said:

Think the core of your problem is your double pivot. 

Mezzala (s) leaves Casemiro really exposed.

what role would you have for Eriksen instead of Mezzala 

1 minute ago, lewisguy said:

what role would you have for Eriksen instead of Mezzala 

In the midfield line, CM(s) w hold position or DLP(s). 

If you want to give Eriksen more license than that, try dropping the pair back to the DM line. Lots of combinations that could work well there. 

5 hours ago, Cloud9 said:

Think the core of your problem is your double pivot

:lol: He doesn't have a problem!

Played 9, won 8, drawn 1, lost 0. Conceded 3 goals while scoring 29.

@lewisguy As the saying goes, perfection is the enemy of good; your tactic is close to perfect. Enjoy it 

I don't know if I'd want to tweak too much here. Buyt you're playing a high tempo game with pass into space. If thye make the wrong decision then you will give it up in silly areas because you're demanding very accurate football.

Consider dropping one or both of the two when you see this happening. Perhaps starting the game without pass into space on and see how you play. If you're still way too inaccurate for your liking try dropping the tempo.

Pass into space useful in second half as teams tire. 

If you're worried about the space behind Eriksen, I would change that WB to a FBs and sit narrow

But remember you need to acknowledge that overall this is a very aggressive setup. I'd expect your pass completion to be mid 80s overall, with some of your more aggressive players in the high 70s

But overall your results suggest it's doing its job.