MLS Generation Adidas Cup

Longhorn

As part of the support in FM for MLS I'd like to see the annual MLS Generation Adidas Cup youth tournament added.  It is an international tournament for U15 and U17 academy sides.  This year sides from 12 countries will participate - all MLS academies, Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Spain, England (Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U), France, etc. Of particular interest to me is that since an MLS academy has won the U17 bracket the last two tournaments, and last year an MLS academy won both the U15 and U17 brackets, I would like to see how FM 202x mirrors real life.

Update: in the 2023 MLS Generation Adidas Cup for the third tournament in a row an MLS academy won the U17 bracket and for the second tournament in a row an MLS academy won the U15 bracket.  Sides from Man U and Chelsea failed to make it out of the group stage, and a side from Arsenal lost 4-1 in the first knockout phase.  Sides from Spain, Mexico, Brazil, etc. were beaten.  The only non-MLS academy to reach a semifinal was an U15 side from Genk, and they lost to a side from the Austin FC Academy that has only been in existence for a couple of years.   Perhaps the newgens in FM202x should catch up with reality - it is clear that the talent coming through the MLS academies is better than what the game generates.

Edited by Longhorn

• 2 weeks later...