Teams Qualifying in Wrong Rounds of Competition

nielsoncp

Hi friends - I have a question for anyone who has done continental competitions. I'm trying to make it so the 3rd and 4th place teams in the North American Champions Leage participate in knockouts against the 2nd place teams in two lower leagues (Gold and Silver Cup) - but, right now, the 1st and 2nd place teams from the group stages of the lower cups face off against each other, and then face the team from the higher competition in the round of 16. 

I've attached the file, but below are a few of (what I think) are the key screenshots. If anyone knows how to fix I would be very grateful. 

CONCACAF CL Qualification settings:

problem2.thumb.png.30ee8f1a5b8f83cbe4c69808a0cea97a.png

Qualification Rules for Gold Cup in Group Stage for top team:

problem.png.700a6e8c38d7c108aad7d8f5cc2fe5be.png

Teams option in stage 2

problem1.png.4a976d2b129617bd613cf1157e52c85f.png

Round Names and set-upproblem4.png.384ce5eaef06ae2f14404bcca8f426cb.png

And yet, in game ... the 3rd place teams get their bye while the top teams have to face off against each other. 

problem3.png.70bbc301eaae47a75f605351eec07848.png

If anyone has a solution I would be incredibly grateful. Thanks all!

CONCACAF CC - Qual Simp.fmf

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, Take two at this problem. I'm trying to make it so that the third place team in the Championship qualifies for the Knockouts of the Gold Cup, and the fourth place team qualfiies for the first knockout round of the Silver Cup. Then, the loser of the Gold Cup and winner of the Silver Cup knockouts face in a second playoff round. 

However, what happens is that the CONCACAF Champions League Teams qualify for both the Gold and Silver knockout rounds. I've tried adjusting the League Fate Actions and Qualification Rules to no avail. I've tried to fix this for the last month, so any insights would be appreciated. Thanks all!

CONCACAF CC - Qual Simp.fmf