Randomised players

MRC

So, I'm wondering - do any of you happen to have a database with fully randomised players?

Or do you know of an easy, decently viable way to create a properly randomised player database?

Using fake players via the ingame option just doesn't cut it imo, because for the most part those players seem to be the same, just with another name slapped on and occasionally some minor personal changes. Essentially I still know I'm gonna find a fake version of Endrick at Palmeiras, a fake version of Cristiano in Saudia Arabia and so on.

I would, however, like to use entirely randomised players. Meaning completely new players - ideally, however, higher reputation clubs should have a higher average CA, that much I'd like to keep. I think it would make for a somewhat different experience.

My understanding is that randomly generating players through the pre-game editor have a cap of 130PA, so you would need someone to have manually and inidividually created a new replacement for every player in the world. However, I'm the same as you and love to play with new, unique, game generated players. What I instead do for my main save every year is sim 20 years into the future, such that every player is a newgen, but the teams still remain balanced and realistic, and then I choose a giant of the real world that has fallen the farthest! If you want, I do still have my save from before I joined a team, simmed to 2040, and I could find a way to send it your way if you want!

I created a country with zero people in the database and the game generates them new. Could you do the same and delete all players/staff, choose 'add players' and 'add key staff' and let the game do it? The only downside I can see is it would probably take three hours for your new game to load.

1 hour ago, Supermercado99 said:

I created a country with zero people in the database and the game generates them new. Could you do the same and delete all players/staff, choose 'add players' and 'add key staff' and let the game do it? The only downside I can see is it would probably take three hours for your new game to load.

That was what I was talking about, those generated players are capped at 130 PA.

On 27/03/2023 at 08:09, tota73 said:

That was what I was talking about, those generated players are capped at 130 PA.

But these aren't players generated in the pre-game editor, the database is empty and the game makes players up from scratch when it loads. Might be the same PA cap but will check my save game when I'm at home to confirm. 

Am 26.3.2023 um 21:23 schrieb Supermercado99:

That could actually be worth a try! Thank you!
Because as far as I know it can't be done with the PGE without doing it manually, right?
As for third party editors I'm not too well versed with them but I don't think they can do it either, or am I mistaken?

On 03/04/2023 at 13:08, tota73 said:

As I said before, though I may not have said it very well, that will not work (I tried it) as all the players will be of a low quality regardless of team reputation.

Does altering national reputation/youth rating help? I had a couple of world class players in my fictional nation, but when I dialled back the reputation/youth rating of the country a few points now the best they seem to be producing over the first few seasons is mid-level EPL players. Waiting to see if a random superstar emerges out of nowhere in the next few seasons.  I'd be interested to see what happens if @MRC does delete everyone and force generate. 

@Supermercado99 @tota73

First update from testing:
I deleted all players from the database (which took days) and started a database with 25 leagues from 11 nations.
I chose both "Use Fake Players and Staff" as well as "Add Players to Playable Teams". In the "database" field where it's possible to choose between small, large, custom,.., I went with custom and chose to generate players from Europe and South America by checking the fields until I reached a projected number of 100k.

Generating the savefile itself took no time at all. I started, went away from the PC and looked at it 5 minutes later only to find out that I was already ingame.

Conclusions so far:
1.) It seems Tota is pretty much right with the 130 PA cap. Whether I look at Barcelona or some Austrian club, the max PA in their squad is 130.
2.) Funnily enough, there are players rated higher than this in the game. There are 28 players with a PA of 150 or higher, 10 players with a CA of 130 or higher.
3.) Out of the 28 players with a PA above 150, 27 are without a club while one was playing in the polish third division.

Fun Fact: When you look at the profiles of clubs like Man United and Man City, players like Harry Maguire, Bruno Fernandes, Ilkay Gündogan and Kevin De Bruyne still show up in their profile (Zealand skin for full transparency) as captains/vice-captains despite them not existing in the database and despite having told the game to use Fake Players, which usually leads to it randomising the names and some minor details of existing players.

So, interestingly enough, while there seems to be a PA 130 cap for clubs, it doesn't seem to be the case for players generated as free agents. Perhaps we can use this. I will also try playing around with the Youth Ratings and other parameters attempting to find out more.

If any of you are interested in testing as well I'll happily share the file with 350.031 deleted players so you don't have to spend that time.

Edit: Another quick test revealed why those free agents had higher PA. For some reason, despite me seemingly deleting them from the database in the PGE, it seems that free agents somehow still showed up. Running this again without the "Use Fake Players and Staff" option revealed that those players were Bale, Isco, Sturridge, Ben Arfa, Pato and so on. Meaning we can't use this to our advantage after all. 
Interesting to see that these players are still around despite me having deleted every person that comes up when searching for Job is Player.

Edited by MRC

Am 6.4.2023 um 00:47 schrieb MRC:

@Supermercado99 @tota73

First update from testing:
I deleted all players from the database (which took days) and started a database with 25 leagues from 11 nations.
I chose both "Use Fake Players and Staff" as well as "Add Players to Playable Teams". In the "database" field where it's possible to choose between small, large, custom,.., I went with custom and chose to generate players from Europe and South America by checking the fields until I reached a projected number of 100k.

Generating the savefile itself took no time at all. I started, went away from the PC and looked at it 5 minutes later only to find out that I was already ingame.

Conclusions so far:
1.) It seems Tota is pretty much right with the 130 PA cap. Whether I look at Barcelona or some Austrian club, the max PA in their squad is 130.
2.) Funnily enough, there are players rated higher than this in the game. There are 28 players with a PA of 150 or higher, 10 players with a CA of 130 or higher.
3.) Out of the 28 players with a PA above 150, 27 are without a club while one was playing in the polish third division.

Fun Fact: When you look at the profiles of clubs like Man United and Man City, players like Harry Maguire, Bruno Fernandes, Ilkay Gündogan and Kevin De Bruyne still show up in their profile (Zealand skin for full transparency) as captains/vice-captains despite them not existing in the database and despite having told the game to use Fake Players, which usually leads to it randomising the names and some minor details of existing players.

So, interestingly enough, while there seems to be a PA 130 cap for clubs, it doesn't seem to be the case for players generated as free agents. Perhaps we can use this. I will also try playing around with the Youth Ratings and other parameters attempting to find out more.

If any of you are interested in testing as well I'll happily share the file with 350.031 deleted players so you don't have to spend that time.

Edit: Another quick test revealed why those free agents had higher PA. For some reason, despite me seemingly deleting them from the database in the PGE, it seems that free agents somehow still showed up. Running this again without the "Use Fake Players and Staff" option revealed that those players were Bale, Isco, Sturridge, Ben Arfa, Pato and so on. Meaning we can't use this to our advantage after all. 
Interesting to see that these players are still around despite me having deleted every person that comes up when searching for Job is Player.

Edit 2: Realised with the existing free agents that I should delete "person type is player" as well as "job is player"

Edit 3: Whoops, seems I was already very tired yesterday, didn't mean to double-post

Update: So we definitely have the PA 130 hard-cap. Would be interesting where this is coded since we might be able to change that.

Edited by MRC