Player development - B Teams

I am managing Real Madrid. The b team plays in the second division. I would like to develop my players from the u19s to the B team then into the first team. I know from previous FMs that first team professional football is more beneficial to the development than playing youth football. Though youth football is more beneficial to players at a very young age. 

I suppose my question is this, does the game recognise the b team is playing at a professional standard or will it treat my players as still playing youth football?

The b team is set as an affiliate. Which would lead me to believe its treated as professional level but does anyone know for sure?

My understanding has always been that the better the quality of football the players play in the better their development. The reason why being on a youth team is better for young player is because those coaches will have higher working with younger players attributes. As far as if the B team is professional or not, see if it competes in the normal professional league, or if it has its own B team league.

A player should play at a level that is appropriate for their ability. So if they are good enough for B team football they should play there. If the B team is in a senior professional league then yh its a professional level.

Edited by Platinum

The second division in Spain is definitely professional. You should move players there once they are 18 or 19. However, I always have my best prospects in my first team, no matter the age, so that they train with my best coaches, and then I assigned them to play with the youth or the B team accordingly to their age and level. If a player is above B team level but he wouldn't get regular play in my first team yet, then I loan him out.

Edited by el_manayer