Woodwork and VAR

I hate to be that guy because I love this game but does anyone else think that shots hit the woodwork way too often? Surely can’t be my tactics. Also the number of VAR goals disallowed seems more than the opposition get. Maybe it is my tactics but would like to hear other people’s experiences. 

3 hours ago, TheFalseNine said:

I hate to be that guy because I love this game but does anyone else think that shots hit the woodwork way too often? Surely can’t be my tactics. Also the number of VAR goals disallowed seems more than the opposition get. Maybe it is my tactics but would like to hear other people’s experiences. 

Stop watching the game highlights and analyse tactical stats instead. The visual 3d game representation has always just been a bunch of pretty shadows cast on the wall of Plato's cave. Just a way of telling you that something is not ideal about your tactic or player selection. 

I just don't understand this constant gripe about shots hitting the woodwork. They're misses - no better or worse than any other. Would people prefer that those shots missed by 2ft, 6ft, 10ft? Honestly... how much do those shots have to miss before people stop moaning about it?!

9 minutes ago, warlock said:

I just don't understand this constant gripe about shots hitting the woodwork. They're misses - no better or worse than any other. Would people prefer that those shots missed by 2ft, 6ft, 10ft? Honestly... how much do those shots have to miss before people stop moaning about it?!

Exactly! That's what I was trying to say in my comment. It's just a way of game telling you that your striker missed. So if it happens too often then there are two solutions:

1) get better players

2) get back to tactical drawing board

I know it makes you mad, but 3D visual is a complete garbage and unreliable if it's the only way you analyze your team. I've managed many top players and see them get caught in offside positions or pass to teammates without thinking countless times too like what's the point of having better players if they still act like Sunday league players? And there's woodwork thing. Like others said, you need to rethink about your tactic.

14 hours ago, crusadertsar said:

Exactly! That's what I was trying to say in my comment. It's just a way of game telling you that your striker missed. So if it happens too often then there are two solutions:

1) get better players

2) get back to tactical drawing board

Ok so I can deal with the fact that it’s a missed shot but just think that is they are trying to replicate a simulation based on real football, teams don’t hit the woodwork that often. 

I am interested in the comment about 3D not being reliable and learning how to analyse tactics with data. Are there any guides or articles to look at how to understand this stuff better? Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.