Watford 1st season, opinion on my tactics

So hello !

I am playing first season with Watford and we are mid december, sitting in 3rd place, 6 points behind M'boro.

We are good I would say, but I think its more down to my players being better than the opponents, than my tactics.

So I SC my primary tactic because I am interested if any tactic magician could look at it and he sees any weaknesses or where I could improve on the tactic. Is there is such a thing ?

Also, I dont feel I get max out of Joao Pedro, he is not bad but i feel he could be so much better, I tried as IF(left) and CF, even IF/IW(right) but I feel he could so much more.

But yeah, the main priority stays my tactic, where could  I improve it, are my roles going together with my playing style ? Any reccoms. and opinions appreciated.

watford.png

1 hour ago, blejdek said:

So hello !

I am playing first season with Watford and we are mid december, sitting in 3rd place, 6 points behind M'boro.

We are good I would say, but I think its more down to my players being better than the opponents, than my tactics.

So I SC my primary tactic because I am interested if any tactic magician could look at it and he sees any weaknesses or where I could improve on the tactic. Is there is such a thing ?

Also, I dont feel I get max out of Joao Pedro, he is not bad but i feel he could be so much better, I tried as IF(left) and CF, even IF/IW(right) but I feel he could so much more.

But yeah, the main priority stays my tactic, where could  I improve it, are my roles going together with my playing style ? Any reccoms. and opinions appreciated.

watford.png

Joao Pedro can have high potential, but don't expect too much from him (irl is a different matter). Balanced personality and age will hold him back.

I'd recommend PF(s). Good ratings will help him develop, so I'd play him there ASAP and capitalize on your advantage in the Championship. It'll be difficult to get his end product and pace up to a level where he'd be a strong choice out wide. If you can develop him, he could become a fantastic DLF.

Bring in a couple model citizens to mentor him and Asprilla in January, top priority. Both are balanced personality :rolleyes: come on SI.

Fortunately Asprilla's got a couple more years to grow than Pedro. He's two footed and can fit straight into the first team in that 10 role: a player to build your attack around.

Edited by Cloud9

1 hour ago, Cloud9 said:

Joao Pedro can have high potential, but don't expect too much from him (irl is a different matter). Balanced personality and age will hold him back.

I'd recommend PF(s). Good ratings will help him develop, so I'd play him there ASAP and capitalize on your advantage in the Championship. It'll be difficult to get his end product and pace up to a level where he'd be a strong choice out wide. If you can develop him, he could become a fantastic DLF.

Bring in a couple model citizens to mentor him and Asprilla in January, top priority. Both are balanced personality :rolleyes: come on SI.

Fortunately Asprilla's got a couple more years to grow than Pedro. He's two footed and can fit straight into the first team in that 10 role: a player to build your attack around.

Okay, noted your reply :)

I think it's a great tactic and fits the players too, why "drop off more though", if anything it would be the opposite really? However your full backs are not that great defensively and your winger is not fantastic, so a 5-3-2 would probably be a better option, Pedro and Araujo would form a nice partnership up front I'd guess. But if it works as is, don't change it?

Edited by Poison

I don't really like the idea of a BWM single pivot because BWMs will chase the ball and will be dragged out of position. In transition if the AP and MEZ are caught high, the BWM could potentially chase and vacate the midfield for counterattacks