what is your longest unbeaten run in FM23? is this game too easy?

Just bought FM23 and after checking global achievements, I am surprised how easy this game can be

According to Steam achievements nearly 1 in 3 players had a 30 matches unbeaten run

image.png.2fe54170895341bd68336d9923f52c29.png

it is mad, especially knowing how difficult it is in real life.

For example, in 21st century only 5 clubs from Europe's Top 5 leagues managed to do it. Arsenal (2 times), Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City and Juventus. 

image.png

The game can be easy if you want it to be and can be hard if you decide to make it hard. You can challenge yourself or you can do everything possible to win easily it's honestly up to you is a single game you can even reload before a match till you win. Not sure I ever understand that question in a single game where you control everything.

Is D&D too easy depends on the dungeon master the game is a tool and you can use it as you want there is not only one-way min/max to play it.

Edited by Ngoc

It's definitely too easy.

Doesnt matter if you play with PSG or some team from the 6th tier of English football, if you understand the basic game mechanics you will get results, win the CL, get back to back promotions, etc.

We have had this debate about easiness on a few other topics.

FWIW I have played every version of FM (and CM) before so have racked up 1000’s of seasons, so through the process of trial and (a lot of) error I am (now) half decent.  Managers in real-life are lucky to get a few bad results before their managerial careers are ended!

I mean, compared to real life, yes it is easy. The point of the game is that you can take a team from the 10th tier of english football and win the champions league. It isnt designed to be realistic. But yes, there does come a point where you just snowball super hard.

15 minutes ago, scotty-corkcityfc said:

Been playing it 30 years now and this is by far the hardest one yet. Last year I was getting small clubs to Champions League knock outs. This year I can't even win a domestic cup 🤣🤣🤣

I agree lol, been playing since FM11 and could always win the UCL few years in with any team you gave me. I find FM23 a lot harder with smaller teams. Youngsters most of the time just don't develop regardless of PA so it's impossible to build a wonderkid squad 

Football manager is not easy. But everbody can use trick some cheaty thing to make game easy.

You can search wonderkids and buy them early on. Or u can stalk players ca an pa values. You can reload game until win the match. You can make money cheat etc etc. You will be succesfull easly with those metots.

In my opinion; it is too easy. Like you said such long unbeaten runs are just not realistic. Fatigue and what not should have a bigger impact on players which disallows them to perform at their best level week in week out consistantly, as in real life

8 hours ago, FourFiveOne said:

In my opinion; it is too easy. Like you said such long unbeaten runs are just not realistic. Fatigue and what not should have a bigger impact on players which disallows them to perform at their best level week in week out consistantly, as in real life

You are thinking of strong leagues, not everyone plays there, in some leagues the gap in ability between some teams is just way too large.

On 31/03/2023 at 09:03, renaldasuk said:

Just bought FM23 and after checking global achievements, I am surprised how easy this game can be

According to Steam achievements nearly 1 in 3 players had a 30 matches unbeaten run

image.png.2fe54170895341bd68336d9923f52c29.png

It's often the case in the gaming industry that developers keep things easy, so to increase engagement and time spent by the majority of occasional players.  Your datapoint above clearly shows that FM is quite easy for most gamers.

SI should do something about it, for example, give preference options, so the player can decide to make the AI easier or harder to beat.

25 dakika önce, phd_angel said:

It's often the case in the gaming industry that developers keep things easy, so to increase engagement and time spent by the majority of occasional players.  Your datapoint above clearly shows that FM is quite easy for most gamers.

SI should do something about it, for example, give preference options, so the player can decide to make the AI easier or harder to beat.

Match engine is same for ai and players.. so you are beating ai with better squads.