4-3-3 vs 3 central defenders

Hi All!!

I wanted to ask for some suggestions to make my tactic effective even against 3 defenses (or any 3-back tactic), with which I find some difficulty.

I play with a 4-3-3, based on ball possession, Half-Back, double pivot in central of midfield (RPM and DLP-S), two inverted wingers (Support) who cut inside like IF and a PF-A.

Fairly narrow with very short passes and more pressing with high pressing and very high defense line.

The only thing I do when I face 3-man defenses is set "stay wide" to the offensive wingers, so that they start wider and try to open the 3 opposing central defenders, but I have no other suggestions to adopt to be dangerous. Considering that I haven't a Central Midfielder that he can go forward but i've only RPM that he can move into channels (isn't the same movement).

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you

schieramentobase.jpg

Edited by Mik_Fe

You don't mention what your full backs are doing. I would overload one side with an attacking fullback / wingback paired with an inverted winger support and an attack duty on the other flank for a switch of play.

5 hours ago, Mik_Fe said:

Against three central defenders, you usually want to pin back the two outter defenders and free up the central one to make him give up his position or leave him more or less in a useless position for his team. You can achieve this by assigning attack duties to your wide players and let your striker drop off with a support duty.

11 hours ago, Mik_Fe said:

Hi All!!

I wanted to ask for some suggestions to make my tactic effective even against 3 defenses (or any 3-back tactic), with which I find some difficulty.

I play with a 4-3-3, based on ball possession, Half-Back, double pivot in central of midfield (RPM and DLP-S), two inverted wingers (Support) who cut inside like IF and a PF-A.

Fairly narrow with very short passes and more pressing with high pressing and very high defense line.

The only thing I do when I face 3-man defenses is set "stay wide" to the offensive wingers, so that they start wider and try to open the 3 opposing central defenders, but I have no other suggestions to adopt to be dangerous. Considering that I haven't a Central Midfielder that he can go forward but i've only RPM that he can move into channels (isn't the same movement).

Thank you

schieramentobase.jpg

If it's a 3 at the back with a 3 in midfield, play down the wings and move your lines up. You have a double up advantage on the wingbacks in wide spaces and it's easy to pin them back. 

Take note of the striker partnership they're deploying and look for a weak side of the back 5 to target. 

If it's a 5-2-3, look to overrun the double pivot (you have the numbers advantage 3-2). A 5-2-2-1 I'd look to go wide against.

In general a press will struggle against a back 5, especially with a double pivot protecting them. Take the space they're giving you on the pitch, slow the tempo down, and patently try to break them down. 

Edited by Cloud9

I tend to do overloads. If you can get a fullback, wide player and a Mez into the same space on one flank it means your opposition will move players to that side to defend leaving more space on the opposite side.