Scout/Analyst assigned to provide report on next opponent reset every week

Hello All, I started getting more "tactically involved" in my save, trying to make slight adjustments to how I want my team to play based on the next opponent. To do this, I rely heavily on the Scout/Analyst report for next opponent, but... The scout and analyst I assign to the task seem to reset every week in the dedicated screen. At least from what I can tell, there seems to be a "Confirm" option, but I can't find anything to permanently assign them to the job. Unfortunately I don't have my personal laptop at the moment so I can't provide screenshots of the in game page, but I assume most people will be familiar with what I'm talking about (I can load it when I get home if needed).

Is there any way to save this assignment as permanent? I understand them resetting in case I don't renew one of their contracts... But having to assign them every single week seems absolutely unnecessary, I can't believe there's no way to have this confirmed automatically. Hoping I'm the one doing something wrong here and that someone can help