Creating a nation - multiple bugs/issues

iwandb21

I am trying to create a new nation by overwriting Czechoslovakia. I made two leagues, which work basically how they should, created a few teams, used some existing teams. But there are a few issues: 

1. For some reason, in the first season the teams finishing in 1st and 3rd do not get European tickets, but teams finishing in 2nd, 4th and 5th do. This means the league winner is left with nothing, and 2nd place goes into the UCL. After simming 2 seasons, a team that won the league in S1 randomly got placed in the UCL Group Stages, while they shouldn't have been in Europe at all after previous year. 

2. I want the national team to play games, but their schedule is empty. The Euro qualifiers don't start and neither do the World Cup qualifiers, national football is broken for me. 

Can anyone help here? 

First one sounds odd, maybe something to do with the dates. If you post your file someone can probably look at it.

National team will be harder, you have to mess with the rules for the various competitions, easier to remove Kazakhstan or something (check some of the databases here like the Isle of Man one)