[FM23.4] TMC Megapack (incl. Russian clubs in AFC Champions League)

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Definitely. If it's going to be a monopoly it might as well be a pro team! Do you have Australia active too?

I just won the WAFU Zone B U20s with Gambia, glorious win over rivals Senegal in the final. The problem is, they won't have a competitive game for another year or two, so I resigned and it's still only October 2022. Just need to wait for a club job to open up...

Only Nigeria in this savegame

That's a long wait between games...

Edited by Jorgen

International coaching isn't that immersive, especially youth teams. There really isn't much you can do. You can't even set training. It does make it fun to whip through a tournament quickly though. You kind of have to, if you quit and reload the save without saving your tactic it appears to clear itself (?), so it's easier just to get through the 5 games or so at a time :D

33 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

International coaching isn't that immersive, especially youth teams. There really isn't much you can do. You can't even set training. It does make it fun to whip through a tournament quickly though. You kind of have to, if you quit and reload the save without saving your tactic it appears to clear itself (?), so it's easier just to get through the 5 games or so at a time :D

What do you mean by clearing itself?

When I reloaded my save, the lineup was blank and tactics had reset, which I've never noticed before (definitely not with club teams). It might be fine to save your tactic first and then reload it each time though. Might only be an issue with youth teams, I was coaching Gambia U20s

On 25/10/2023 at 15:41, Jorgen said:

I guess it has another starting date, so it hadn't displayed the qualified teams yet.

In the end I did qualify, so it worked out 😊

Just realizing this could be an issue with tournaments that you want to have as part of your Board's pre-season expectations, but I think for the AFL it's OK because it's such a novel concept and so many different leagues (with different calendars) will play in it anyway. When it was drawn, it looks like your Board revised their season expectations to expect you to make it to the quarter final? What did the news items say, if you recall?

Nice to see a long-term West African club save!

On 27/10/2023 at 01:51, themodelcitizen said:

When I reloaded my save, the lineup was blank and tactics had reset, which I've never noticed before (definitely not with club teams). It might be fine to save your tactic first and then reload it each time though. Might only be an issue with youth teams, I was coaching Gambia U20s

You mean like after saving your game and quiting FM and then starting the game again to continue your save? My tactics and line-ups always stay te same.

Only thing that my FM can't remember are my training schedules. Have to reload them every few weeks/months.

Edited by Jorgen

6 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Just realizing this could be an issue with tournaments that you want to have as part of your Board's pre-season expectations, but I think for the AFL it's OK because it's such a novel concept and so many different leagues (with different calendars) will play in it anyway. When it was drawn, it looks like your Board revised their season expectations to expect you to make it to the quarter final? What did the news items say, if you recall?

Nice to see a long-term West African club save!

Yes, quarter final, minimum. Which is far from realistic as us winning the CAF Champions League was totally unexpected. Previous years we finished third in the group phase, or failed to qualify for the group phase all together.

I think, if we then qualify for the AFL by an unexpted CAF CL win, there shouldn't be any expectations other than "do your best in the AFL". But that is a thing I see in FM for years. I don't know if that is deliberate that boards have too high expectations/demands, after novelty wins; or if this is a bug.

It was nice to manage in Africa. Was my first time in years. Previously only did a South-African save. Can't remember the news item as I did this one as a simulation game. (only buying and selling players, set the tactics, fix some player positions and than holidaying the season)

Edited by Jorgen

15 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

@Vakama2619 Does the OFC Nations Cup need fixing? Might be worth adding the four associate members to that too. It would work with the Hawaii file because they just replace Wallis+Futuna

I've actually not been paying attention to the OFC Nations Cup, don't understand international comps and probably won't manage an international team anyways

Edited by Vakama2619

I activate them the same way (i.e. change nation to Serbia for example, activate Serbian advanced rules, remove all other competitions and nation, then copy and paste the whole "list" of competitions into a blank international rules (instead of blank continental rules), and then re-add the international rules and specify the "competitions" I want active). That way seems to keep fixture rules and hard-coding, including what appears to a hard-coded template for all default comps:

Spoiler

intercopa.thumb.png.0fed374f3a65c2c23f11b0565a39175c.png

@rusty217 is this similar to your method? I'm not sure keeping the template is necessary but might explain some of the weird quirks of default comps

Edited by themodelcitizen

5 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

I activate them the same way (i.e. change nation to Serbia for example, activate Serbian advanced rules, remove all other competitions and nation, then copy and paste the whole "list" of competitions into a blank international rules (instead of blank continental rules), and then re-add the international rules and specify the "competitions" I want active). That way seems to keep fixture rules and hard-coding, including what appears to a hard-coded template for all default comps:

Hide contents

intercopa.thumb.png.0fed374f3a65c2c23f11b0565a39175c.png

@rusty217 is this similar to your method? I'm not sure keeping the template is necessary but might explain some of the weird quirks of default comps

Yep, that's basically the same way I do it. Although I've been copy/pasting them one at a time, didn't know you could do the whole list at once!

9 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

Yep, that's basically the same way I do it. Although I've been copy/pasting them one at a time, didn't know you could do the whole list at once!

Whole list seems to keep that sort of hard-coded template in my screenshot, while just copying and pasting one set of rules onto an existing set of rules does not. What difference that actually makes (if any) I'm not completely sure

And yes, whole list is convenient, I think I have a couple saved xmls that include just, like, every single CL rules for quick reference/copying

National Second Division Clubs in Australia got leaked yesterday. I also noticed a few weeks ago the Auckland franchise is rumored to be Owned by Bill Foley (Bournemouth, FC Lorient, Vegas Knights) and is likely to be called the Auckland Black Knights

@Failproof @ajoobah @BinAqool who has done well for you in Saudi? Any surprising centre-backs or strikers hit form for you (that aren't already at the top 4 and Al-Shabab)? I got promoted with Al-Hazem (on the tiebreaker in fourth :lol:) and desperately need to improve the squad ahead of the new season

@Vakama2619 @alian62 is there a head researcher for Oceania? Oddly the OFC Nations Cup is set to "other international" while the U19s are "main continental international finals". You can see it when you check Oceania in-game and it shows up at the top instead. Wonder if this was by design so that qualifying or that weird cross-pollination with the Pacific Games/Olympic Qualifying works

Edited by themodelcitizen

2 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

@Vakama2619 @alian62 is there a head researcher for Oceania? Oddly the OFC Nations Cup is set to "other international" while the U19s are "main continental international finals". You can see it when you check Oceania in-game and it shows up at the top instead. Wonder if this was by design so that qualifying or that weird cross-pollination with the Pacific Games/Olympic Qualifying works

There are issues with the editor at present . I overwrote Ireland Pre 1922 with my new nation and all my under 19s are called Irish U19s abd I can't change it . I would think there isn't a head researcher for the Oceania area . Certainly is the weakest researched if there is. 

2 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

@mrsmiis is an assistant researcher for New Zealand and Oceania as well as a Wellington Phoenix fan :D

On 08/11/2023 at 12:40, kandersson said:

@mrsmiis is an assistant researcher for New Zealand and Oceania as well as a Wellington Phoenix fan :D

Oh hey there :D

On 08/11/2023 at 10:12, themodelcitizen said:

Hm, strange that it shows as such - data shows as all correct in the database (OFC Nations Cup being "main continental international finals", U19s being "U19 international finals". Perhaps an update to FM has conflicted with this - I'll have to raise, thanks for letting me know

1 minute ago, mrsmiis said:

Oh hey there :D

Hm, strange that it shows as such - data shows as all correct in the database (OFC Nations Cup being "main continental international finals", U19s being "U19 international finals". Perhaps an update to FM has conflicted with this - I'll have to raise, thanks for letting me know

Cheers, the entries in the competitions themselves are correct, but if you load up the advanced rules (maybe not your wheelhouse) the "type" is set to the reverse as I described above, At least that was the case for FM23.

In-game, if you look at the main splash screen for the different continents, the main continental int'l finals appears at the top, except for Oceania when its the U-19s (because of the incorrect entry in the advanced rules)

On 03/11/2023 at 06:36, themodelcitizen said:

@Failproof @ajoobah @BinAqool who has done well for you in Saudi? Any surprising centre-backs or strikers hit form for you (that aren't already at the top 4 and Al-Shabab)? I got promoted with Al-Hazem (on the tiebreaker in fourth :lol:) and desperately need to improve the squad ahead of the new season

That would be cheating if I told you as I determined their ratings ; ). Waleed Al-Ahmed is a good guy though.

2 hours ago, BinAqool said:

That would be cheating if I told you as I determined their ratings ; ). Waleed Al-Ahmed is a good guy though.

The Al-Faisaly defender? I *just* signed him in the January 2024 window, lol, what a coincidence. Spent a bit of cash but needed the reinforcements.

Looking to establish Al-Hazem in mid-table this year before resigning and getting a job in Brazil or Qatar. Got knocked out of the King Cup at the first hurdle so it will be nice to play somewhere with, like, 8 different cups to enter :lol:

• 2 months later...
Il 13/8/2023 in 10:18 , themodelcitizen ha scritto:

This one just adds Wellington Phoenix to the O-League every season and changes their continental cup nation to their native New Zealand.

DOWNLOAD (backup)

As a result, they should be ineligible for the Asian Champions League but will have a much easier path to the Club World Cup and all of its prize money. Not that it's a fait accompli:

Rivela contenuti nascosti

oleaguenewe.thumb.png.b2faf8105100fafe36f0d066bb4c3ebe.pngwellingtonphoenix2.thumb.png.ed6ce233d2a147886a7be8d1e867f049.png

This might delay the end of the A-League a few days, especially if the Phoenix end up in the elimination final there (they dodged the May 12 clash this time in the first screenshot above).

According to you, if I put Wellington Phoenix in NZ First Tier, they can qualify to the OFC Champions League?

Sorry for "stupid" question ;)

Just make sure their "continental cup nation" in the editor is set to NZ and it should work. Test first. The OCL might have an exception set for them in the teams list there too, would require editing the advanced rules