[FM23.4] TMC Megapack (incl. Russian clubs in AFC Champions League)

@themodelcitizen You're welcome. Simulated until september 2040. All club cups are played every year now.

Concacaf u17 started in 2023, and from 2024 on only in even years.
ABCS tournament in even years only, too

Concacaf Nations League is played very irregularly

image.thumb.png.d7562a7de813e7a5d59fc24caecd465b.png

Same goes for Gold Cup

image.thumb.png.1a6ee020f01ecabde5dd2688b3ee778a.png

If you want, I can send you the save so you can check everything you want to know.
Are there things you'd like to know right now?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's normal for Nations League, default game has predicted they'll only play in those years where WCQ isn't happening so I've kept that.

Is that with my Gold Cup/Copa America file and nothing else that touches the Gold Cup or CONCACAF Nations League? I can see you're running a history file too, maybe another North American international file slipped in there? Gold Cup seems to run on schedule including in 2027, 2031 etc on mine

Haven't touched CONCACAF U17. If you're running the file from a few posts back the main thing we want to test here is the CONCACAF club comp entrants, making sure the Caribbean and Central American tournaments/MLS/MX are sending the right teams

This is everything I've loaded atm. As far as I can see, nothing else touches the Concacaf international competitions.

I know we're looking at the club competitons, but I just noticed the international competitions.

image.thumb.png.28b1f2e03da050429bcd39fbb4976bc2.png

(blank spots are some optical changes)

Haha, you'd think it's too much? 😅😂😉

Just to be sure, I'll start a fresh simulation, only 5 files now:

TMC Club World Cup redux 32 teams
TMC Concacaf Club redux
TMC Copa America and Gold Cup fix
TMC Copa Interamericana
TMC World Cup redux

So only files that should have any effect for the Concacaf nations/leagues.
Loading is blazing fast right now 😄

Edited by Jorgen

Cheers. Never too much!! Haha just difficult to keep tabs on what's going wrong I guess. I loaded a file from a while ago and the Gold Cup was running fine but I'll run a long-term test with all my current files now and make sure. I'm always surprised at how fast it goes with very few DBs and a small database

On 13/08/2023 at 10:18, themodelcitizen said:

This one just adds Wellington Phoenix to the O-League every season and changes their continental cup nation to their native New Zealand.

DOWNLOAD (backup)

As a result, they should be ineligible for the Asian Champions League but will have a much easier path to the Club World Cup and all of its prize money. Not that it's a fait accompli:

Reveal hidden contents

wellingtonphoenix.thumb.png.8c384cc5fabbd47726b0a63363571cd1.pngwellingtonphoenix2.thumb.png.ed6ce233d2a147886a7be8d1e867f049.png

This might delay the end of the A-League a few days, especially if the Phoenix end up in the elimination final there along with the O-League final at the same time (they dodged the May 12 clash this time in the first screenshot above).

I've only found this today, Wellington Phoenix in O-League has been my dream save for 10 years haha. Your work this year has been immense thanks a lot for so  many great files

21 minutes ago, kandersson said:

I've only found this today, Wellington Phoenix in O-League has been my dream save for 10 years haha. Your work this year has been immense thanks a lot for so  many great files

Thanks!! Starts in 2024 IIRC. I just made the preliminary stage produce 1 qualifier instead of 2, freeing up a space for Phoenix.

Use it with one of my Club World Cup files (32-team one is good) for that qualifying to work best. I think the default versions have a hard time with an "Asian" team coming from Oceania

1 hour ago, themodelcitizen said:

Cheers. Never too much!! Haha just difficult to keep tabs on what's going wrong I guess. I loaded a file from a while ago and the Gold Cup was running fine but I'll run a long-term test with all my current files now and make sure. I'm always surprised at how fast it goes with very few DBs and a small database

That's the difficult part I guess. Most times I thoroughly test my savegames before I start a long time career save. And I almost always only use db's from people who's work I trust.
The previous CONCACAF file was the only realistic one I could find at that time, but I'm happy you made one too.

Edit: In 2032 all continental cups play each and every year, the Gold Cup is now every 4 years and the CONCACAF Nations League 2 years yes, 2 years no, but that is how you want it, so I think every thing plays as often as it should.

image.thumb.png.5d84d5c3593e98c092a82489a1c4a4ef.png

Edited by Jorgen

30 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Thanks!! Starts in 2024 IIRC. I just made the preliminary stage produce 1 qualifier instead of 2, freeing up a space for Phoenix.

Use it with one of my Club World Cup files (32-team one is good) for that qualifying to work best. I think the default versions have a hard time with an "Asian" team coming from Oceania

Cool! I don't know how you did it I mean I'm useless with the editor but this always seemed particularly hard to achieve even for more skilled people here as Phoenix are hardcoded to be ineligible for both AFC and OFC competitions. Thanks a lot for this :D

@themodelcitizen I simulated uptil 2040. There is still something off with the MLS winners in the Champions Cup. They should directly qualify for the round of 16, but I see them participating in the first round.

Which team of the Liga XM do you select as winner? Apertura, Clausura, or combined?

The nr 1 and 2 of the Caribbean Club Shield qualify for the Caribbean Cup.

The nr 1, nr 2 and nr 3 of the Caribbean Cup don't always qualify for the Champions Cup and when they do, they don't always end up in the right round.

Edited by Jorgen

Yeah, there's some weirdness going on there that I need to fix. For Mexico's top seed I think I've got it going to whichever of the Apertura/Clausura winner had the highest regular season record, as intended (unless they also get the bye via winning the Leagues Cup in which case the other stage winner gets it, or if the same team wins all three, then next best team in the table).

I *think* I've got Caribbean and Central American qualifying now, it's just the seedings and who ends up in that second round that's throwing me off. How's the international scene look? Everything being played?

EDIT: OK, link updated with the latest version... as far as I can tell it's just the round seeding that's throwing me off. Usually the Leagues Cup and Mexican winners get their byes to the second round but I can't get the other 3 (MLS, Caribbean, and Central American champs) to get their bye like they should anymore. Either there's something going on with the qualifying in the background or I've just hit a brick wall from looking at it too much

Edited by themodelcitizen

10 hours ago, kandersson said:

Cool! I don't know how you did it I mean I'm useless with the editor but this always seemed particularly hard to achieve even for more skilled people here as Phoenix are hardcoded to be ineligible for both AFC and OFC competitions. Thanks a lot for this :D

I'm guessing they're an "exclusion" in the A-League/Australia Cup rules for continental qualifying, but they're not hard-coded to be ineligible for OFC other than there's no mechanism for them to enter. I just shunted them into the list of qualified teams and the game took over the rest.

As you can see from the screenshot of their fixtures above, I think it would work best if we forced the A-League to reschedule some of Phoenix's missed games (due to clashes with the O-League) in April to Tuesday/Wednesday. Then they wouldn't fall so far behind and have to play those 3 games in 5 days to catch up. Shouldn't be too hard to set up, are you running a custom Aussie league file?

hi, been looking at your file and not sure if this makes a difference, but i noticed that the Central American Cup was set as extinct and the type was set to domestic cup

image.thumb.png.dda965e061b1c9bf934a0ff0202c683a.png

in the advanced rules its correct though

Edited by J-Hood

9 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Yeah, there's some weirdness going on there that I need to fix. For Mexico's top seed I think I've got it going to whichever of the Apertura/Clausura winner had the highest regular season record, as intended (unless they also get the bye via winning the Leagues Cup in which case the other stage winner gets it, or if the same team wins all three, then next best team in the table).

I *think* I've got Caribbean and Central American qualifying now, it's just the seedings and who ends up in that second round that's throwing me off. How's the international scene look? Everything being played?

EDIT: OK, link updated with the latest version... as far as I can tell it's just the round seeding that's throwing me off. Usually the Leagues Cup and Mexican winners get their byes to the second round but I can't get the other 3 (MLS, Caribbean, and Central American champs) to get their bye like they should anymore. Either there's something going on with the qualifying in the background or I've just hit a brick wall from looking at it too much

Is wish I new more about editing other than "move to new club" and "set new reputation of club".

I think I saw the international games in the CONCACAF region being played as they should

2 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

I'm guessing they're an "exclusion" in the A-League/Australia Cup rules for continental qualifying, but they're not hard-coded to be ineligible for OFC other than there's no mechanism for them to enter. I just shunted them into the list of qualified teams and the game took over the rest.

As you can see from the screenshot of their fixtures above, I think it would work best if we forced the A-League to reschedule some of Phoenix's missed games (due to clashes with the O-League) in April to Tuesday/Wednesday. Then they wouldn't fall so far behind and have to play those 3 games in 5 days to catch up. Shouldn't be too hard to set up, are you running a custom Aussie league file?

I see, maybe it was more difficult in the past haha

Ideally I'd use default A-League plus a custom New Zealand file so I could also control Phoenix Reserves in NZ league - haven't found one this year, there are a few decent NZ files though all seem to have some issues especially with implementation of Phoenix Reserves/Lower Hutt - but the biggest issue here is FM 24 demo coming in less than three weeks :D

Oh man, I think I got it. After about 1000 tries of this: :seagull:

Leagues Cup, Caribbean, and Central American winners + MLS Cup winners and Mexican champion with best regular season-record got the bye in 2023. The rest of the qualifiers look correct. Don't have time to run a longer test rn but will give it a shot later. That mediafire link is updated again, if it looks solid year-on-year we can take the "beta" tag off :D

Adding the Ligue Antilles so that clubs from Martinique, French Guiana, Guadeloupe and St. Martin get even more games. Once this is stable I'll make a new version of the Libertadores file so the 16 CONCACAF teams are the same as the last 16 we have now, then I'll likely start a new thread for all this continental fun :brock:

Running a simulation right now, with all my mentioned files. Seems very stable. All cups are played every year, or with the intervals you described earlier. Only thing not starting is the Viareggio.

Haven't checked qualifications yet.

Edit: @themodelcitizen Stopped simulating the game in 2061. 

Checked 2040-2060:

The Caribbean Shield winner and runner-up always qualify for the groups of the Caribbean Cup in the same year
The Caribbean Cup nr 2 and nr 3 always qualify for the first round of the Champions Cup in the following year
The Caribbean Cup nr 1 always qualifies for the round of 16 of the Champions cup in the following year

Edited by Jorgen

That's great news. In the Libertadores file, they go straight into that group stage too. Nice to see the likes of Defence Force bringing the likes of Flamengo and Boca to the Caribbean. Also saw a test where Forge FC scraped past NYRB in the CCL first round so got a place in the Libertadores, cool to see them juggling the CanPL with midweek trips to South America

4 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

That's great news. In the Libertadores file, they go straight into that group stage too. Nice to see the likes of Defence Force bringing the likes of Flamengo and Boca to the Caribbean. Also saw a test where Forge FC scraped past NYRB in the CCL first round so got a place in the Libertadores, cool to see them juggling the CanPL with midweek trips to South America

So the CCL acts as some kind of qualification tournament for the Libertadores in that file? We can make crazy cup galore, if let's say Santa Clara from Cuba qualifies for the Caribbean Shield → Caribbean Cup → CONCACAF Champions Cup → Copa Libertadores → Club World Cup

Was browsing these forums to see what Canadian mods there are, preferably with pro/rel, but I am afraid it will only break all the hard work you did.

If you want, you can have the save file to see if everything works fine with the USA, Mexican, Canadian en Central American teams too. It's hours past bedtime where I live.

None of that should break my stuff unless they made some wild changes to the structures in Canada, my CCL should still pull the right teams.

And you've got it, the Libertadores file has the CCL last 16 go straight in. The last 16 qualify the same way as the realistic file, so the Caribbean champion etc.

I altered my CWC file so that if a North American team somehow wins both the CCL and Libertadores, the Libertadores runner-up will go instead (hopefully not another North American team!). I haven't seen that happen yet but I've seen the Sudamericana last 4 be all North American

On 04/10/2023 at 16:46, Jorgen said:

We can make crazy cup galore, if let's say Santa Clara from Cuba qualifies for the Caribbean Shield → Caribbean Cup → CONCACAF Champions Cup → Copa Libertadores → Club World Cup

The brilliantly named SV Robinhood pushing for a CCC place along the first part of that route:

FYI @kandersson I realized the OCL was a bit smaller IRL than in-game, with just single-leg knockouts.

It's not easy to move the dates around for some reason but I made a new version that's a bit easier on Phoenix's scheduling, with only 6 games to win the O-League instead of 8 in the previous version:

Spoiler

oleaguenewe.thumb.png.1c97d577c31c2245b72b0334420159d5.png

Download link on the first page is updated.

The brilliantly named SV Robinhood pushing for a CCC place along the first part of that route:

That's awesome! Real life football can be just as great as in FM (and vice versa)

They've been 5 times runner up in the Concacaf Champions Cup too! It happened in 1972, 1976, 1977, 1982, 1983

They played even more finals, as some editions of the tournament had a final-3 or final-4.

1972: lost vs Olimpia, Honduras (1st title)
1976: lost vs Águila, El Salvador (1st title)
1977: lost vs América, Mexico (1st title)
1980: final 3: winner: Pumas UNAM, Mexico (1st title); 2nd place: PUMAS UNAH, Honduras and Robinhood finished in 3rd place
1982: lost vs Pumas UNAM, Mexico (2nd title)
1983: lost vs Atlante, Mexico (1st title)
1993: final 4: winner: Saprissa, Costa Rica (1st title); 2nd place: Léon, Mexico; 3rd place: Municpal, Guatemala and Robinhood finished in 4th place

FYI @kandersson I realized the OCL was a bit smaller IRL than in-game, with just single-leg knockouts.

It's not easy to move the dates around for some reason but I made a new version that's a bit easier on Phoenix's scheduling, with only 6 games to win the O-League instead of 8 in the previous version:

Hide contents

oleaguenewe.thumb.png.dfe96f419a44ed666821e4fb9b5befbc.png

Download link on the first page is updated.

Would be great to compete vs Auckland City in the final

Edited by Jorgen

Il 13/8/2023 in 12:09 , themodelcitizen ha scritto:

And following that, I realized we can also just shunt some Russian clubs into the ACL early stages from 2024 and it doesn't seem to affect the co-efficients and everything working around it. The games don't show up in the Russian clubs' fixture lists and are a blank space for other clubs (haven't tried playing one as a Russian club yet), but the home games are played at a neutral venue:

Contenuti nascosti

zenit2.thumb.png.894d9e4947a54c9cf926ad97c2654e9b.pngzenit1.thumb.png.80458ebbf0f288c40331775a39e4a3f2.png

DOWNLOAD (backup)

These last two likely need a bit more testing before we can consider them stable...

If I want put a "resurrected" Luch Vlavidostok in J1 League, if they win it they can play in AFC competitions?

Edited by PaMi 7

As long as continental cup nation is set to Japan, it should be fine. "Based nation" can still be Russia I think.

I wonder if my file could be rejigged without too much work to put any eastern Russian teams that qualify in the East zone of AFC instead, have one less team in West zone qualifying those years

20 ore fa, themodelcitizen ha scritto:

As long as continental cup nation is set to Japan, it should be fine. "Based nation" can still be Russia I think.

I wonder if my file could be rejigged without too much work to put any eastern Russian teams that qualify in the East zone of AFC instead, have one less team in West zone qualifying those years

Thank you very much

@PaMi 7 I managed to change it so that if anyone from the Ural Mountains eastward will play in East Qualifying instead.

Then groups and knockouts are set to a geographical draw (by default) so they end up with the East Asian teams.

In the Russian Prem this year I think it's just newly-promoted Ural Yekaterinburg. In testing, I changed some of the top teams to cities like Tomsk to see what would happen, interestingly it didn't take until I changed their stadium as well

Have to share this as well, Wellington Phoenix winning the A-League but somehow falling in the O-League quarters to Lae City from PNG:

Spoiler

wellingtonaleagueoleague.thumb.png.73758adf019e26d0841f7e6abf4b778d.png

I loaded up everyone from Oceania to see what would happen in testing, so neither side had to rely on any greyed-out players.

interesting to see it's not a slam-dunk for Phoenix in these trips to the South Pacific that break up their domestic season for what are essentially a couple of mini-tournaments on the way to the final

45 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Have to share this as well, Wellington Phoenix winning the A-League but somehow falling in the O-League quarters to Lae City from PNG:

Hide contents

wellingtonaleagueoleague.thumb.png.73758adf019e26d0841f7e6abf4b778d.png

I loaded up everyone from Oceania to see what would happen in testing, so neither side had to rely on any greyed-out players.

interesting to see it's not a slam-dunk for Phoenix in these trips to the South Pacific that break up their domestic season for what are essentially a couple of mini-tournaments on the way to the final

Ended up fixing up this database to work with a custom Australian and a custom NZ database I was working on (you responded to a thread I created about the New Zealand db) which shunted any New Zealand teams competing in the Australian pyramid (this file had 5) into the Domestic cup and handed the winner of the cup the third spot after noticing that only the league teams qualify for the comp. Noticed after a while both competitions began to be dominated by Miramar Rangers in the New Zealand pyramid which surprised me, would've expected to see a Wellington Phoenix vs Auckland City final every year

10 hours ago, Vakama2619 said:

Ended up fixing up this database to work with a custom Australian and a custom NZ database I was working on (you responded to a thread I created about the New Zealand db) which shunted any New Zealand teams competing in the Australian pyramid (this file had 5) into the Domestic cup and handed the winner of the cup the third spot after noticing that only the league teams qualify for the comp. Noticed after a while both competitions began to be dominated by Miramar Rangers in the New Zealand pyramid which surprised me, would've expected to see a Wellington Phoenix vs Auckland City final every year

Sounds fun. I thought about moving Phoenix into the NZ cup but realized that would've needed both an Aussie and NZ custom league running at the same time to get them out of the Australia Cup too

I also love the idea of adding a Hawaii team to the USL in a custom US file, playing out of Aloha Stadium (there was an NASL team there very briefly in the 70s). Then exclude them from the CCL and have them play in the groups of the O-League instead. Maybe add a custom "Hawaii" second nationality like in my Catalan file. Brian Ching can coach

3 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Sounds fun. I thought about moving Phoenix into the NZ cup but realized that would've needed both an Aussie and NZ custom league running at the same time to get them out of the Australia Cup too

I also love the idea of adding a Hawaii team to the USL in a custom US file, playing out of Aloha Stadium (there was an NASL team there very briefly in the 70s). Then exclude them from the CCL and have them play in the groups of the O-League instead. Maybe add a custom "Hawaii" second nationality like in my Catalan file. Brian Ching can coach

I've still got them competing in the Australian cup competitions as well, (Australia Cup and Fictional League Cup), but fixture congestion would defenitely start to become a problem.

I like the idea of a Hawaii team in the OFC CL, not sure if I'd use it because I don't wanna touch the CONCAF stuff too much, I found this amazing Canadian db which I don't want to lose.

In my most recent season I noticed Wellington Phoenix ended up getting grouped in the OFC CL after winning the NZ Cup the season before (yes that is a second tier they are playing in)

image.png.01867643d1dc73671320d224df767bf2.pngimage.thumb.png.274bfeed8c44fc400de246f28322a5ec.png

1 hour ago, Vakama2619 said:

I've still got them competing in the Australian cup competitions as well, (Australia Cup and Fictional League Cup), but fixture congestion would defenitely start to become a problem.

I like the idea of a Hawaii team in the OFC CL, not sure if I'd use it because I don't wanna touch the CONCAF stuff too much, I found this amazing Canadian db which I don't want to lose.

In my most recent season I noticed Wellington Phoenix ended up getting grouped in the OFC CL after winning the NZ Cup the season before (yes that is a second tier they are playing in)

image.png.01867643d1dc73671320d224df767bf2.pngimage.thumb.png.274bfeed8c44fc400de246f28322a5ec.png

I might do an add on where it just changes one of the existing USL West teams to be Hawaii FC. Change name, stadium, colours, etc. Give them a continental cup nation of one of the mostly unused Pacific islands (rename to Hawaii) and release an alternate version of the Phoenix file where it uses them too. 

Would prevent any compatibility issues and give Phoenix an opponent that also has full-timers on its roster

Probably going to have a go at placing a factional Hawaiian club into the USL League One using Masterlgor's database and using your O-League file as Wellington could possibly qualify from the second spot due to being in the cup, it does sound like an interesting save idea as well

20 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Which link? Gonna need some more detail. I just checked the Steam and Mediafire links and they're both the correct file? If you open it in the pre-game editor it will say "Asia" and "Asian Champions League"

seems to be fine now, 

11 hours ago, Vakama2619 said:

Probably going to have a go at placing a factional Hawaiian club into the USL League One using Masterlgor's database and using your O-League file as Wellington could possibly qualify from the second spot due to being in the cup, it does sound like an interesting save idea as well

Won't you need to change the O-League file to "Always" include the Hawaii club?

15 hours ago, Vakama2619 said:

I made one yesterday that just changes San Diego Loyal (leaving USL next year in real life anyway) into Team Hawaii, and a quick graphics pack using the old logos from Team Hawaii's NASL run. Can run alongside any US nation rules. Also took Wallis and Futuna, changed their few cities and clubs to France, and made it Hawaii for a second nationality/"continental cup nation" for the new team (don't want them getting into the CCL if they somehow win the US Open Cup).

Was working on a companion file to put them into the O-League too, but ran into some hurdles. Will give it another go tonight (maybe bump one of the New Caledonia teams to the prelims) and upload the Same Diego --> Team Hawaii one 

I am thinking about Midway, Clipperton, Galapagos and Easter Island, etc 😉 😃 Don't know if they have football clubs there, but a bigger OFC CL just sounds so much fun.

Just like a club cup for islands in the Indian Ocean. Maldives, Seychelles, Comoros, Reunion, Mayotte, Madagascar, Java, Sumatra, Cocos Islands, Christmas island, Kerguelen, Andaman and Nicabar Islands, Bali, Flores, Rodrigues, Sri Lanka, Zanzibar, Pemba, etc 😎😃

Edited by Jorgen

Briefly thought about adding teams who haven't already qualified for the AFC tournaments already from places like Northern Marianas, Guam, Australia, and possibly even Taiwan and ASEAN nations. Probably not worth it, but you reminded me of CF Rapa Nui aka Easter Island... the game has them as extinct, possibly just to use as a history entry somewhere, but there's no reason to believe they wouldn't be active again in the future. Might have to make them un-extinct, stock with them with a few Chilean lower-league players and put them into an alternate version of the O-League :p

Hawaii in USL + Hawaiian second nation (required: GRAPHICS) | O-League Expands to Hawaii and Wellington

Weirdly, Hawaii's OCL fixtures don't show up on their own fixture list and their opponents' fixture list has, like, a blank entry. They're still played though. Same thing was happening with Russian clubs in ACL so I think it might be a visual glitch resulting from teams not being in "nation" or "based nation" of that continental tourney? Their "continental cup nation" is in Oceania now at least. I'd consider also changing their "based nation" to Hawaii, just not sure if it will throw off any domestic/foreign roster rules in a custom US db.

46 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Hawaii in USL + Hawaiian second nation (required: GRAPHICS) | O-League Expands to Hawaii and Wellington

Weirdly, Hawaii's OCL fixtures don't show up on their own fixture list and their opponents' fixture list has, like, a blank entry. They're still played though. Same thing was happening with Russian clubs in ACL so I think it might be a visual glitch resulting from teams not being in "nation" or "based nation" of that continental tourney? Their "continental cup nation" is in Oceania now at least. I'd consider also changing their "based nation" to Hawaii, just not sure if it will throw off any domestic/foreign roster rules in a custom US db.

Yeah I had the same problem with the US DB I used, however that's now been thrown out the window! Nice job tho!

The North American clubs' Copa Libertadores fixtures show up fine, which is nice when you're looking at the schedule for teams in CanPL, Mexico, and MLS. Odd that these ones seem hard-coded though. With Russia I figured it was because of the sanctions, but I guess not

Little irrelevant/off topic but wanted to celebrate somewhere, having a little test run with my edits as well as yours and I noticed that the club based in my city (Ipswich), and who I plan on managing had back to back promotions to the top tier. Albeit on view only mode but good enough for me. Funny part is they didn't win the title once

image.thumb.png.7c7516b2d7204d0ac8a9047f108a72bc.pngimage.thumb.png.6d20061c4b779456093ad8e49ec38644.png