Still don't realized how to play with WCB

I really like conception of modern 3CB with WCB role. But still can't create a stable tactic. The main problem is very poor defence. Defending is much more reliable for me with any 2CB formation for this moment.

Could you please explain on my tactics what is wrong and how better use WCB? It's different formations, but some TI are different too.

Спойлер

image.png.b4665ae37fd87291c77525937ed4a1dd.png

Спойлер

image.png.2f1eea1e4a9117fa7458d10e76f0df1d.png

Спойлер

image.png.8ac9133ec66d3faea7e772fa1e123240.png

I will be grateful for answers both for all three formations, and for one or two. Any general advice is also welcome. Thank you in advance!

I wrote about WCB's here, have you seen it?

As for your own issues, you're very aggressive with the mentality in all 3 tactics. That isn't always the best idea as that can make you far too vulnerable to counter attacks. Especially when you counter press as players will be less likely to be in their natural defensive positions for the first few seconds of losing the ball. Because they charge around trying to win the ball back for the first few seconds.

Have you thought about dropping the two MC's to DM's, especially now pivots were reworked for FM23. It would naturally offer more protection defensively while still allowing you to attack in the same way. Nothing should really differ in terms of progressing the ball forward but without the ball, you'd be much better.

1 minute ago, Novem9 said:

I haven't seen this article yet, thanks!

And if you really want detailed information about back 3's and the 5-2-2-1 specifically, then have a read of this;

It talks about how to be better in defence in quite some detail.

8 hours ago, Novem9 said:

I really like conception of modern 3CB with WCB role. But still can't create a stable tactic. The main problem is very poor defence. Defending is much more reliable for me with any 2CB formation for this moment.

Could you please explain on my tactics what is wrong and how better use WCB? It's different formations, but some TI are different too.

Hide contents

image.png.b4665ae37fd87291c77525937ed4a1dd.png

Hide contents

image.png.2f1eea1e4a9117fa7458d10e76f0df1d.png

Hide contents

image.png.8ac9133ec66d3faea7e772fa1e123240.png

I will be grateful for answers both for all three formations, and for one or two. Any general advice is also welcome. Thank you in advance!

Cleon's post will fix your problem :) 

Side advice for you: if you're conceding too much, try moving that defensive double divot to the DM Strada. My back to basics pairing is a DLP(s) and BWM(d). 

Edited by Cloud9

41 minutes ago, Cloud9 said:

Side advice for you: if you're conceding too much, try moving that defensive double divot to the DM Strada. My back to basics pairing is a DLP(s) and BWM(d).

+1, I use DM-su and DLP-su