Home / Away weight

Sorry if this has already been brought up but since the latest patch am I the only one who now sees such a huge disparity in home/away performance? I know home ground advantage is a thing but regardless of tactic used, familiarity, morale etc. I can't lose at home but I've one one game away from home all season. I've smashed top 4 teams at home but away to anyone is like playing against prime Brazil. 

I've tried changing approach to balanced / cautious rather than positive, I've tried using opposition instructions, ignoring them, all sorts but still win easily at home regardless of opposition and this season (Newcastle 2022-2023) won 1 away, drawn 4 and lost 14 in the league. Cups are the same - sailed through home ties and knocked out of both in away ties to lower league teams and I played a first XI with high morale and high bonuses promised etc.

Sorry for the rant but didn't know if it was a thing?

Screenshot(3).png.3950d4a3b4d0bfee1abee6ab96bdabe5.pngim similar ,but i check other leagues and most are same.

ive just been promoted to prem so i know im gonna lose alot  with lesser players and much smaller budget

but occassionally  we should give the bigger teams a game ,not just bend over and take it.

or the other way i start great 2-0 etc against city,liverpool etc and you know no matter what you do they come back to draw or win

Edited by dave7867

On 06/04/2023 at 17:34, gbaby610 said:

Sorry if this has already been brought up but since the latest patch am I the only one who now sees such a huge disparity in home/away performance? I know home ground advantage is a thing but regardless of tactic used, familiarity, morale etc. I can't lose at home but I've one one game away from home all season. I've smashed top 4 teams at home but away to anyone is like playing against prime Brazil. 

I've tried changing approach to balanced / cautious rather than positive, I've tried using opposition instructions, ignoring them, all sorts but still win easily at home regardless of opposition and this season (Newcastle 2022-2023) won 1 away, drawn 4 and lost 14 in the league. Cups are the same - sailed through home ties and knocked out of both in away ties to lower league teams and I played a first XI with high morale and high bonuses promised etc.

Sorry for the rant but didn't know if it was a thing?

I've already submitted a bug ticket for it. Away teams do not score enough goals compared to real life. The AI managers are likely too cautious especially as small clubs but there is definitely weird behavior for players when playing away from home regardless of team/player stature and ability. 

There are certain elements of the match engine for me that, at times, make it unplayable. Away players will simply abandon chasing a ball down or completely give up after getting closed down and let the defender have the ball. I can understand mistakes in decisions etc etc. This just seems like a weird element of this version that prevents away players from playing to their abilities. The only time you ever see that at home is if you're playing a high pressure match or against a big club.