Is there a way to prevent a Tycoon Takeover?

Maybe via the IG Editor or other means? Or is the best i can do remove him after the fact via the IG Editor (i assume changing the "Suggar Daddy" field to "none") and remove any added funds. But won't it still have an effect on game mechanics ?

Having found a fun save with a decent level of difficulty with some house rules/Skin without all attributes i'd rather keep things as is for now.

Or am i overthinking it and there's a good chance it will come to nothing anyway? How often do those rumors come true?

1 hour ago, santy001 said:

It's rather rare that it actually happens. The rumours in the media circulate a lot and you'll likely see multiple different possible takeover types mentioned. 

First news item (at least that i saw, "mark all as read" is a close buddy of mine) was only about a Tycoon takeover, which is kinda what had me rattled. But yeah, the 2nd one now claimed that the rumours are "not to be believed".

TycoonNews.JPG

The club vision section will usually show once negotiations have begun. However, you can have takeovers (even from a high wealth individual) fall through. By design though the tycoon takeover is a very rare. I expect there will be some folk on these forums who have spent years playing FM with many clubs experiencing takeovers who never once got the big money takeover. 

7 saat önce, Marinho said:

Maybe via the IG Editor or other means? Or is the best i can do remove him after the fact via the IG Editor (i assume changing the "Suggar Daddy" field to "none") and remove any added funds. But won't it still have an effect on game mechanics ?

Having found a fun save with a decent level of difficulty with some house rules/Skin without all attributes i'd rather keep things as is for now.

Or am i overthinking it and there's a good chance it will come to nothing anyway? How often do those rumors come true?

What houserules are you using?

On 11/04/2023 at 23:30, santy001 said:

The club vision section will usually show once negotiations have begun. However, you can have takeovers (even from a high wealth individual) fall through. By design though the tycoon takeover is a very rare. I expect there will be some folk on these forums who have spent years playing FM with many clubs experiencing takeovers who never once got the big money takeover. 

I have a long save and the amount of tycoon takeovers are crazy some leagues have 4 or more