Recommendations for my 433 really struggling

Hi guys just wondering if anyone can help with my 433. 

I like playing a high press game but also dont like giving away needless possesion. I started really well but this tactic just seems to have dropped off. 

First screenshot is my home tactic, second one is my away

Advice would be greatly appreciated 

Thanks

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (2).png

8 minutes ago, nathwiggy said:

Hi guys just wondering if anyone can help with my 433. 

I like playing a high press game but also dont like giving away needless possesion. I started really well but this tactic just seems to have dropped off. 

First screenshot is my home tactic, second one is my away

Thanks

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (2).png

Looks like a squad problem. Everyone needs a rest and moral is low. This will tank your results quicker than anything in the tactic. 

1 minute ago, Cloud9 said:

Looks like a squad problem. Everyone needs a rest and moral is low. This will tank your results quicker than anything in the tactic. 

Was striaght after a game mate, and morale doesnt look that low to me??

20 minutes ago, nathwiggy said:

Was striaght after a game mate, and morale doesnt look that low to me??

The rest thing shouldn't be popping up at all, if it does it should just be 1-2 players in the squad and you've got to manually rest them for awhile. The whole team having it is a huge problem. 

Morale being low is relative but IMO anything out of the green and you'll be running into problems. The players are just significantly better with superb morale. 

But yea main problem is the fatigue for your performances.

You mention you started off well and then dropped off: that's the team running out of gas. 

Edited by Cloud9

4 minutes ago, Cloud9 said:

The rest thing shouldn't be popping up at all, if it does it should just be 1-2 players in the squad and you've got to manually rest them for awhile. The whole team having it is a huge problem. 

Morale being low is relative but IMO anything out of the green and you'll be running into problems. The players are just significantly better with superb morale. 

But yea main problem is the fatigue for your performances.

You mention you started off well and then dropped off: that's the team running out of gas. 

they all have the rest sign becuase ive rested them all for 2 days...

1 hour ago, nathwiggy said:

they all have the rest sign becuase ive rested them all for 2 days...

I'd check out some training guides then, training is important for the boys both in terms of development and the squad dynamics as a whole. Usually you just want to rest a player when that little orange icon pops up, as in compared to the whole squad. 

• Tactically you're set up to play as one of the big boys in the prem. Be more expressive and attacking mentality will both cause turnovers in possession as you mention you want to avoid. Play out from the back is going to get your burned against the big sides.
  • You can also go into PIs w/playing around w/the passing meters to tell technically weak players to pass it shorter to conserve possession. 
  • For such an aggressive system using wingbacks, I'd recommend a halfback as the holding midfielder in the 3 as well.
  • I'm not crazy about the AF/IF(a)/CM(a) combo in the frontline (all looking to score themselves). With your high lines you might find more success with a facilitating forward in the 9 position. 
  • If you're looking to press high, turn off "prevent short gk distribution." They'll break your press by booting it long.
Edited by Cloud9

13 hours ago, nathwiggy said:

I created this for situations like this

You have your Wingbacks getting forward, as well as a CM and two players acting as the goalscorer. The right CM(A) and WB(A) could easily leave you wide open so there's a few things to have a think about 

1 hour ago, Johnny Ace said:

I created this for situations like this

You have your Wingbacks getting forward, as well as a CM and two players acting as the goalscorer. The right CM(A) and WB(A) could easily leave you wide open so there's a few things to have a think about 

What do you suggest then?

Are you essentially good enough to play the way you do in the Prem? In your first tactic you're throwing your team forward and asking them to play adventurously. Might end up being some entertaining games but tbh the opposition could literally just sit back and hit you on the break constantly as you leave the centre and the flanks exposed.

The 2nd tactic I think you'll get stretched vertically too much. High press and counter press with a standard D-line means your front five could be quite disjointed in transition.

In terms of player roles. Your right flank is exposed due to the CMat and WBat. The left isn't so bad actually although an IFat and AFat will run into the same spaces and in your system, they will mostly just run into a wall due to pressing and playing high up the pitch. Either have a support role striker or an IFsu and you could see quite a difference. Only time I would consider an IFat and AFat is in a direct counter system where you do want to exploit space behind an opponent.

hi @nathwiggy

Il y a 18 heures, Cloud9 a dit :

+1 to this. Pay attention to "fatigue" of your team. If you have a medical scientist, you should be able to make this parameter appear in addition to condition etc.

if there is something else than "fresh" it's not good at all.

you are only sept 15th and your team is exhausted. how can they go until end of season?

Also, a french player spotted a bug in the game.

If you put your team to rest manually and in the training schedule there is something else than "rest" on the day the players should rest,  the fatigue status doesn't reduce enough.

To have the fatigue reduce efficiently, you have to put a rest day manually PLUS put rest in the training (with may be a recup session).

here is the video explaining it all. it's in french but YT should be able to put subtitles to what he says.

very helpful and after changing that he had great results with is team =)

try it and tell us if fatigue is still up in your team ;)

Edited by Drikcey75

6 hours ago, Drikcey75 said:

hi @nathwiggy

+1 to this. Pay attention to "fatigue" of your team. If you have a medical scientist, you should be able to make this parameter appear in addition to condition etc.

if there is something else than "fresh" it's not good at all.

you are only sept 15th and your team is exhausted. how can they go until end of season?

Also, a french player spotted a bug in the game.

If you put your team to rest manually and in the training schedule there is something else than "rest" on the day the players should rest,  the fatigue status doesn't reduce enough.

To have the fatigue reduce efficiently, you have to put a rest day manually PLUS put rest in the training (with may be a recup session).

here is the video explaining it all. it's in french but YT should be able to put subtitles to what he says.

very helpful and after changing that he had great results with is team =)

try it and tell us if fatigue is still up in your team;)

That rest icon isn't there because the team are knackered, it's because he's given them all days off. But instead of scheduling rest on the overall training screen, he's done it by player, like this:

image.thumb.png.bddd22b3dd9c801ab75f41a1121fde3c.png

9 minutes ago, The3points said:

That rest icon isn't there because the team are knackered, it's because he's given them all days off. But instead of scheduling rest on the overall training screen, he's done it by player, like this:

image.thumb.png.bddd22b3dd9c801ab75f41a1121fde3c.png

At last! Someone who actually realises it was straight after a game and I rested them. 

What's with the "be more expressive"? It's a big no-no for the EPL imo. Also I'd use a cautious mentality for away games.

On 14/04/2023 at 03:20, Cloud9 said:
  • Tactically you're set up to play as one of the big boys in the prem. Be more expressive and attacking mentality will both cause turnovers in possession as you mention you want to avoid. Play out from the back is going to get your burned against the big sides.
  • You can also go into PIs w/playing around w/the passing meters to tell technically weak players to pass it shorter to conserve possession. 
  • For such an aggressive system using wingbacks, I'd recommend a halfback as the holding midfielder in the 3 as well.
  • I'm not crazy about the AF/IF(a)/CM(a) combo in the frontline (all looking to score themselves). With your high lines you might find more success with a facilitating forward in the 9 position. 
  • If you're looking to press high, turn off "prevent short gk distribution." They'll break your press by booting it long.

I agree with everything, except the last one, that's a good thing as he has good central defenders surely?

4 hours ago, Poison said:

What's with the "be more expressive"? It's a big no-no for the EPL imo. Also I'd use a cautious mentality for away games.

I agree with everything, except the last one, that's a good thing as he has good central defenders surely?

Yea it's a weird one on that, counter intuitive on the "prevent short gk distribution." Since you're in a high press you want them to try to pass their way out of your press where you can win the ball back and score. The GK booting it long breaks that pressing momentum. Good defenders who can outpace and out jump opposition attackers will help if it does get booted, but it'll still take you out of their final third where you want to be. 

"Be more expressive" is like a flair modifier for the team I believe and also makes them roam a bit more from position. Personally I don't use these type of team instructions since I'd rather do that on a man to man basis in the PIs. 

Edited by Cloud9