Creating Domestic Club Competitions FM23 Editor

tobedefined

The best workaround I've found if you are creating a competition with fixed teams is to create an extinct second division, place your clubs in it, and then have that second division be the source of teams for that competition. I'll give you an example from my US database, where I created twelve regional cups that all the teams participate in. One of them, the Cascadia Cup, is based in the Northwest corner of the US, and there are 23 teams from that region in my db. 

First, in basic mode go to the cup menu, then click on the add cup option to bring up the wizard. On the select teams menu, pick the number of leagues you need to get to the number of teams you want to have in your competition. You can see an example below from my db. Once you have the total number of teams (in this case, 22) click on through to next and the rest of the menu. 

Teams1.png.59320582a8b3e04aab9d66ed87c0e9a8.png

Once you have the cup created (with the correct number of teams - it will save you headaches later) you need to create an extinct secondary division. I gave mine a low reputation so it was easy to identify - you will want to give it a name that is easy to find though. The only thing that matters, though, is that it has a name and that it is extinct. 

cascadia1.png.b7e89d482729217f593a12a3d6c7af3e.png

Next, I went to all of the teams in the competition and added it as the secondary division for those teams. 

portland1.png.21bc5761b17b6450a6e7699b1ed3fe06.png

This will create a list in the extinct competition of teams that participate in it:

cascadia2.png.7e1011a922c1ac2aec95833ee60ecd3d.png

Finally, in the cup you're creating, go to the Teams section and add the extinct secondary division as the source the teams come from, along with the number of teams in the column in the right.

cascadia3.thumb.png.1db90808a2b683979dac881b97389975.png

You will need to make some changes to the Cup Round if you change the overall number of teams involved in the tournament, but this should create a competition where these teams participate every year. 

cupingame.png.33d83670ba5eb1b66eba916d46d4f710.png

I hope this helps - please feel free to DM if you have further questions. 

With the advanced editor you can specify the teams you want with different degrees of flexibility, but yeah secondary divisions works great with basic rules. I think in the past (maybe still) you could just add the USASA secondary division to teams (like in NPSL) and they'd come into the Open Cup