[Help Request] Relegated and promoted teams do not line up

MRC

So, I've been working on my continental super leagues and I have been running into trouble with my african one not passing testing.

The format is the following for the 1st and 2nd league:

- 14 teams, play each other twice (26 matchdays)

- top 7 go into the championship group, points get halved, play each other twice (12 matchdays)

- bottom 7 go into the relegation group, points get halved, play each other twice (12 matchdays)

Bottom 3 from the relegation group should get relegated, top 3 from the championship group in the 2nd league should get promoted.

I did look into the rules for the Austrian League and I believe I have stuff set up the same way, but when I try to verify, I get:

ErrorAfricanSL.jpg.65ab5758fd9a08d1cc40ce7084e86bef.jpg

Essentially it tells me that I'm trying to relegating 5 teams from the first league (funnily enough that message isn't consistent - sometimes it says 5, sometimes 6, sometimes 7 even when I don't meddle with the first league) while only promoting 3 from the second league when it should be 3 & 3.

Whether or not I change the Format Rules to Flexible or Fixed did not make any difference for this message showing up.

And so I ask - could someone who has some experience please look into my file, tell me what I did wrong and fix the mistake so the promotion and relegation from the 1st league (Superliga ya Muthamaki) and the 2nd league work?

Any help is much appreciated!
Bururi wa Afrika solo AR aktuell.fmf

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, MRC said:

Has anyone managed to find out where the issue lies? 
4 Downloads got me a bit hopeful.

Not really, sorry. I had a look and I can see where the issue is. Relegations are being decided at the end of the first stage, with every team going to the relegation group being tagged as relegated, then some teams have their relegation cancelled at the end of the relegation stage. That's why you can get a varying number.

But I can't see what is causing it to assign fates as soon as the first stage ends rather than waiting for the championship/relegation stages end.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb rusty217:

Not really, sorry. I had a look and I can see where the issue is. Relegations are being decided at the end of the first stage, with every team going to the relegation group being tagged as relegated, then some teams have their relegation cancelled at the end of the relegation stage. That's why you can get a varying number.

But I can't see what is causing it to assign fates as soon as the first stage ends rather than waiting for the championship/relegation stages end.

Thank you for trying and giving it a go!

I'm a bit confused as well, because setting it up exactly the same way in terms of advanced rules did work for another database of mine. So I will play around with it some more and see if I can spot any mistake I made but at this point I'm actually considering doing it from scratch again in case the editor update that happened in the midst of me creating it somehow messed it up beyond repair.

Edit: Okay, so for your - or anyone's - information:

I did do a number of changes:

- checked dependencies under "general" (this shouldn't really do anything in regards to relegation, but it was ticked in both existing and working databases, so I added it)

- fixed the ranking levels of stage 2 to look like this because they were faulty before, with "Position" matching "Current Ranking" (this is just for the record, as changing it back didn't mess with the relegation at all)

rankinglevels.jpg.9f806f3f694cc586976c842d1d3a9ce2.jpg

- added a blank line (the information is only "stage 0" by default - keep that) under "Matches from other stage" -> "Extra League Games" (further testing showed that this seems to be the decisive change in order to get the relegation to work)

extraleaguegames.thumb.jpg.f6a18356ed00bb31b3b924ebac443f67.jpg

With those changes, the relegation actually does verify properly.

Edited by MRC