Pre-Game Editor & Club/Supporter Visions *Frustrations*

Cobblers

I've been using the pre-game editor for some years now, and occassionally I enjoy creating scenarios (role play to some extent) with clubs. Needless to say, I consider myself an experienced user of the pre-game editor, maybe not an expert, but I know my way around it to a good level.

Primarily, my "edits" surround creating a new owner with lot's of money and /or a desire to see the club they own become the best it possibly can be. In my opinion, this adds a fun flavour to the game whilst helping to extend the enjoyment players receive from their purchase.

It should also be added that I pride myself on the detail(s) added to each edit file, however.....

The pre-game editor is extremely frustrating to use.

Yes, many things can be edited and I appreciate having the tools available to do this, but creating new owners with a mind set and having that represented on the in-game screen is just not working as (I presume) is intended.

For example, Supporter Expectations/Culture - what is shown in the editor is not clearly represented in game. Club expectations/Owner expectations is exactly the same with major issues around short to long term goals not showing up as they should do.

I've tested the pre-game editor on numerous occassions, by going into the game and comparing edited data with in game - but sadly not everything will appear. Why is this? For example, I want the owner to want to club to win the EPL in the first season, but this won't show up. Challenging for the EPL will show up, where as continued qualification for the Champions League will not show up. ?!?!?

We should be able to create both short and long term objections and have these displayed in game. It's an option in the editor, but there appears to be some disconnect between what will and what won't be shown. 

See files attached for what I mean. For example, why will Win EPL in 2022 not show up? It should also be an ongoing requirement, Only from 2023 does it state "work towards challenging for the EPL". That isn't in the edit data, or am I missing something here? So very confused.

When can we expect this to be updated properly so decent content can be created for the Workshop? I've seen historic posts about this strecthing on for sometime now, so a "we have it down for development" doesn't quite cut it. The information/numbers are there, so surely it should be quite simple to have this information displayed properly - otherwise what is the point in having these options available to edit when they simply do nothing, zero, zilch to the game.

Appreciate any feedback, support, comments and suggestions.

test 1.jpg

test 2.jpg

I imagine that first-season expectations might be hard-coded to an extent, or "set up" at season changeover date (June 20 or July 1 or whatever it is). So, by the time you start a new game in mid-July or whatever, it's already established the "default" expectations for 2022/23 and your created ones might not show up yet.

Just spitballing. Also likely is it's an unfinished feature they included in the editor after it became too much work to a) implement properly or b) remove

I've edited extensively over the years as well, have some popular files in the Workshop and here, but I think this is my last go-around. Stuff like this and the Gold Cup qualifying issue (raised after every patch, acknowledged but ultimately ignored by the team) have taken away a lot of the rewarding fun of the editor