Question Time: 'Use Saturday & Wednesday Match Days'. How does this impact European competition match days etc.

Hi

Please can any of you smart people out there help me.

Have a network game with a mate in Bundesliga, just finishing up 2nd season. I am host and use the ‘Use Saturday & Wednesday Match Days’ option. This is working well and speeding things up for us; however, next year I will be in the Champions League, which has Tuesday/Wednesday match days in real life and he will likely be Europa League or the Europa Conference League which obviously has the Thursday match days. I am trying to avoid a situation next season where he is having to play Thursday and then Saturday. I do not know how this option will work next year, so question time please…

1. Can you untick this option mid save and if so, at what point will the scheduling be affected?
  2. If I keep it on, what will happen with the scheduling next season please?

Many thanks!

Haven't played around with it a lot, but I think

1. It happens from the next season rollover (ie when the league table resets)
  2. All European matches are played on Wednesdays at the same time

I could be wrong, as I've not played with it, but that's my understanding of it.

I do play with it, but haven't ever disabled it mid-season. I think any unscheduled matches may revert to normal behaviour if you disable the option mid-season. So this would mean latter stages of cup competitions. Otherwise it works as Xaw mentions.

With a network game you absolutely need to use the Saturday & Wednesday option in my opinion. You also need to prevent matches from being moved for TV. It's an absolute nightmare from a time perspective if one of you plays an early kick off, then another a late kick off. As fixture congestion gets worse you can end up with something like Monday/Thursday/Saturday and Sunday/Wednesday/Friday schedules if in different European competitions. 

i use it always for multi saves for the season rollover. once that happens and fixtures are out i revert it back to 'move games for tv'. the only time games ever move (including games not yet drawn, ie europe) is if there is a postponement/rescheduling. all your europe games will adjust scheduling to wed if you have that selected at season rollover.

the main reason i turn it off during season is so we can book friendlies in on any day of the week. as wed/sat setting locks out the other days from selection.