Has anyone been offered an international job in game?

Managing Arsenal

Year 2026

Won prem 3 yrs on trot, won all cups season 24 and 25

Did not get one int'l job after the 26 world cup fallout.........I have read it is a bug, but I used to enjoy the int'l management/ int'l breaks rather than just clicking continue??

(Though yes, once in a dual role, the int'l management was a bit weak in immersiveness........!! (Yes I have just made up that word, but you all know what I mean)

I just got offered and accepted the Argentina job. What's weird is that I'm American, started with no badges and Sunday League footballer and haven't won the Argentinian league yet (although I did win Argentianian Manager of the Year for guiding Huracan to 3rd place in my first full season in the Argentinian top league).

So the following career (from game start to July 2028) was good enough to get me the Argentina job:

Getting relegated from the Chinese 2nd level (not really my fault, I started unemployed, was hired in October 2022, didn't realize their season ended in December and only had 8 games to save them from dead last before relegation was confirmed and they fired me),

Winning the Paraguayan 2nd level in my first full season (2023) and winning the Paraguayan 1st Level Apertura in my 3rd year at River Plate (Par) (2025), (resigned early in the 2025 Clausura because they wouldn't let me get my next Coaching Certificate).

Saving Huracan from relegation in the Argentinian top level in my first partial season (2025) and finishing 3rd (2026) and then 2nd (2027) with no trophies (domestic or continental), although I did reach the semis of the various domestic cups multiple times.

I'm pretty sure (in real-life) the government would get overthrown if they hired someone with that CV to run the Argentinian national team.

4 hours ago, woolymuffler said:

I'm pretty sure (in real-life) the government would get overthrown if they hired someone with that CV to run the Argentinian national team.

Scaloni's first job as a manager was the National Team and four years later he won the WC. But yeah, I remember his first year and almost everybody wanted him out, people, journalists, everyone but the AFA, and they were right.

Even beyond the fact that I'm inexperienced, the fact that I'm American would seem to rule me out for a high-profile country like Argentina; have they even had a foriegn manager before (at least since the late 1800's when football was first starting up there)?

I ended up rolling back and declining the job after looking at the international management for the first time since FM2013 or so; it honestly just didn't seem worth the time and effort (in-game I mean).

• 4 weeks later...