[Suggestion] Custom Columns in Views

robot_9x3

Hi so I read this twitter thread:

And I thought it would sometimes be rather handy if we were able to create custom columns.
That would mean a column players can name themselfs, with values players can specify themselves.

Obviously this would mostly be calculations. I would envision this close to Excel/LibreOffice-Calc:
CellValue= ValueFromColumnA Operator ValueFromColumnB

Maybe even a free form text cell, so I can add a Note I want for the player and have them more easily visible than his profile notes and the little orange box. Although this might be a second feature.

Back to the Twitterthread example:

image.png.5925b5bd4e4106acdb7af0ee2ff74526.png

It would be nice to add a column named "player impact", value = TGLS/90-TCON/90
So i get a third column for each entry like:
"player impact"

This would only be row specific, while I could see use cases, where I want to calculate against other rows, I think this might be even more niche than my proposal is already.

These "Custom Columns" should be recognizable, probably with a little icon next to their name which would enable editing as well.
I would assume there would be another Menu Point "Insert custom Column" which will lead to a Menu which would need us to add a name and a value also showing which values can be added.

My Idea for the basic layout of the custom column menu:

image.png.b0505f8f488d97a8582c20cec913a829.png
Value filled with example for how a formula can be filled by user. Just for this Showcase.
Why ColumnNames and FormulaIdentifiers you might ask. I would assume custom columns can be used, but they can be renamed, referencing the name would destroy other values, so having a unique Identifier should make this a little bit more robust.

Sorry if a suggestion like this has been made already, I haven't found one when searching.

Why this might NOT be worth considering:
I guess this might be very niche, and would probably be a huge change to the views.
It may not be feasible to do something like this, because the View Export would enable me to just export the data after every game import them to my Spreadsheet and see the new values as well.

• 1 month later...