If at first you don't succeed, try... no, there is no try, there is only do NOTTS!!

Blarney

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

THE FIRST 2 MONTHS:  RECAP

SCHEDULE

2months.png.08ba2278503ddf1226f457bbfe48b2a0.png

So taking away the 2 losses in the Carabao Cup and the Pizza Trophy... it really wasn't a bad first introduction to League Two.  It could have definitely been better but it could have been far worse.  We won our opener and then got blasted in our 2nd match.  But after that we sort of settled down and played the sort of ball I know we can... only allowing more than 1 goal in one of our next 5 league matches.

Overall we went 3-3-2 so I can't complain at where we're at to start the season, which puts us at 10th on the table.  Wrexham is sitting 18th for those wanting to know, but they had a very slow start last year as well before turning on the after-burners.  Quite honestly if we can hover around this spot for the next few months while our youngsters are learning to play together... then I like our chances to finish strong in the league.  If nothing else an upper-half finish should cement us as serious contenders next year.  This is all very early though, we have a long way to go.

THE TABLE

TABLE.png.dc97584bda58192f9c55cd8aa64fd591.png

Edited by Blarney