[FM23] - sexy football in Saxony - Eintracht Braunschweig FC

karanhsingh

4 hours ago, warlock said:

Steady on old boy :eek:

:lol:

44 minutes ago, 13th Man said:

Wow! Great opportunity even if the fun in is quite tricky. Even if Bayern do what Man City did to Arsenal this season, it still seems like a successful year.
Also, got to love when the academy boys step up and perform well to cover an injury!

Thanks! And yes - absolutely 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, let's wrap up the season in the next few posts. With the league title almost secure after the draw at Bayern, we set our sights on Newcastle in the semi-finals of the Europa league. We had a hard fought 1-1 draw in the first leg away from home, so we were quietly confident about beating them on our own patch. Here is how that turned out:

newcastle.jpg.da4f10846c439427d5964cc0546f90f8.jpg

Must say, a really stinging result, and harsh way to go out. We raced into a two goal lead on the half hour mark and everything was well. But after that, the tide turned. 

Maybe it was the immaturity of the team, but Europe eventually proved a bridge too far this year.

Fun fact - Adrian Benitez who scored 2 goals for the Magpies is an Argentinian wonderkid that we had a deal agreed for, but pulled out because we had decided to transition to a 4-4-2 formation this year.

Next up was a date with RB Leipzig in the final of the DFB Pokal, and here is how that went:

cupfinal.jpg.8fabdd727028f302686ef6d313728463.jpg

A two goal lead once again, but this time we managed to hold out, despite a late scare. And with that, the first ever Cup in the history of the club was secured!

Here are the fixtures from the second half of the season, and the league table confirming our status as Bundesliga Champions!

fix5.jpg.181714b2fb478ebdbd95c28dfd04e40e.jpg

fix6.jpg.27e3fb9229e294f28dacda3f0a9c81ed.jpg

table6.jpg.e63b7d7c6d2c773eb3a238fe2c002fea.jpg

Sadly, we could not make it an invincible season. We rotated in the game at Leverkusen since the title was all but done and we had Newcastle coming up, which resulted in a defeat there. But that said, this is easily one of the best ever seasons I've had on FM. As you can see Evann Guessand was an absolute beast up front, finishing top for goals and avg. rating, as well as joint top on the assists chart. What a legend!

The squad stats from a historic season:

stats4.jpg.dfb4de79628102fd371f524d48f7576e.jpg

I will do a deep dive into some of the better players in the next post. That being said, moving to a 4-4-2 definitely seems to have done the trick. I think in this version of the game, if you play two up front and they are both physically and technically solid players, you are half-way there. We have definitely built a good squad, but still nowhere near that of Bayern ability wise. The strikers carried us through, with a whopping 85 goals between the 3 of them.

And finally, the players:

First, the man himself, Evann Guessand. Beast, destroyer, legend.

evann.jpg.5dd47164f7c30295ea3db02eaedffbea.jpg

Ably supported by partner in crime Jessic Ngankam, what a signing for just 1.9 million.

jessic.jpg.112003e3c81a0178b87c2bb69edfbd86.jpg

Tarek Buchmann - possibly the best defensive signing I have ever made - an absolute unit at the back and even found his way to score a whopping 18 goals this season including some vital winners.

tarek1.jpg.62a95d32d0b557f0a48f78f7d532011a.jpg

Ziad is the only one really who has been there right from the start and grown with the team, to now being probably one of the most explosive wing backs in the world. Our version of Alphonso Davies.

ziad2.jpg.053dbcbc95dabab08adbbe71f75f4942.jpg

And now, the new-gens. Victor Andrade, never got the best ratings but a bonafide wonderkid if I ever saw one.

andrade1.jpg.a8114254e42e3e5cfe6bcbc464325a53.jpg

His country-mate Clavijo stepped it up this season, grabbing 11 goals and 16 assists from the left flank. Funny story is that we only scouted and bought him because we wanted Andrade and figured we may as well bring his friend along from the same club. But boy did he come good.

jsc.jpg.88005c3d77bbe2d272034844516dd9aa.jpg

And finally, Bassey also outdid expectations by taking over Papella's slot in midfield, turning into a wonderkid himself and contributing 5 goals and 15 assists from the DM role. Another superstar in the making!

bassey.jpg.bc9595fe4a5053d40d0425c908f63880.jpg

Great Work on winning the title. You should make sure you destroy Bayer 04's hopes and dreams from now on. Buy their best player every offseason, make sure you beat them by 3 goals a match, and anything else you can think of, for ruining your Invincible Season.

:Bowen:

Who cares about the defeat! Bayern is defeated, and by a lot!

Ok, yes, thank stings, and so does the loss to Newcastle after being in such a promising position.

But most importantly, you’ve won the league and taken down Bayern!

16 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Great Work on winning the title. You should make sure you destroy Bayer 04's hopes and dreams from now on. Buy their best player every offseason, make sure you beat them by 3 goals a match, and anything else you can think of, for ruining your Invincible Season.

:Bowen:

Haha - tbf we did beat them in the Cup semis 

15 hours ago, warlock said:

Well, it will take some beating :cool:. Shame about that single defeat, but an outstanding job nevertheless.

Thanks mate!

14 hours ago, DavidBeckham said:

What a season mate! Guessand is an absolute goal machine :cool:

Thanks mate! And yes he sure is 

4 hours ago, 13th Man said:

Who cares about the defeat! Bayern is defeated, and by a lot!

Ok, yes, thank stings, and so does the loss to Newcastle after being in such a promising position.

But most importantly, you’ve won the league and taken down Bayern!

Absolutely! Was not expecting it to happen this season already 

CONGRATULATIONS! In the end you made it look easy :) And Guessand is a world beater!!

And yeah - please give us some more seasons with that great team you assembled there :) 

Edited by Carambau

Congrats on the title, impressively quick! Andrade looks absolutely amazing.

I'd keep playing, you still need to grab European silverware and I think defending your league title might actually be harder than the title win itself.

6 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Thanks a lot guys! I am undecided primarily because we have a baby due in a few weeks, so I am wondering if I could squeeze in a new FM adventure before all hell breaks loose :D

Wow! Congratulations! I´d say family first always! Enjoy your time :) 

Edited by Carambau

9 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Best wishes on that front mate.

6 hours ago, Carambau said:

Wow! Congratulations! I´d say family first always! Enjoy your time :) 

Cheers guys!

Gotta always find some time for FM as well though :brock:

Edited by karanhsingh

15 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Thanks a lot guys! I am undecided primarily because we have a baby due in a few weeks, so I am wondering if I could squeeze in a new FM adventure before all hell breaks loose :D

Wow - Congrats! First one? Oddly enough, I played a lot of FM those first few months after having our first.  She was a horrible napper and would only fall asleep on us, so I'd just hold her with my left and click with my right.  Had to cut down on the out loud language and all that, but got to have the joy of a sleeping baby on me while also playing FM.

2 hours ago, 13th Man said:

Wow - Congrats! First one? Oddly enough, I played a lot of FM those first few months after having our first.  She was a horrible napper and would only fall asleep on us, so I'd just hold her with my left and click with my right.  Had to cut down on the out loud language and all that, but got to have the joy of a sleeping baby on me while also playing FM.

Nope, second! That's a good tip though, will have to give it a shot. The most I managed with my first was having him asleep on my shoulder while watching a dull Man Utd team on my mobile phone in the other hand.