How should I defend with this lineup? and new TI

Hi everyone

I am one of the best teams in the league. That's why I want to build an effective team on offense. I have a few ideas about offense. For example, the DLF seems to fall deep and the SS invades its space.
But I don't know how to defend. I'm outnumbered on the wings so I use the stop crosses instruction for the cross. but I still concede a goal in crosses. I didn't quite understand these instructions this year. I mean stop crosses , step up more instructions. Can you help me understand these instructions?

Tactic

8 hours ago, neptune'sblue said:

I mean stop crosses , step up more instructions. Can you help me understand these instructions?

„Stop crosses“ and „invite crosses“ is somewhat related to the old defensive width instruction, but only in your defensive third. It instructs your players to either move into the wide areas to limit the oppositions crossing opportunities (at the cost of opening up the center). Or to focus on shutting down the center (at the cost of leaving wide areas rather open).

— usually you want to play to your teams strength. In your system with just one wide player I would properbly „invite crosses“ and shut down the center. This should be no problem if you have physically strong defenders.

„Step up“ and „drop down“ is about how your players behave if a ball is played behind their defensive line. Do you either want them to „step up“ and force an offside situation, or do you want them to „drop off“ and try to protect the space?

— if you have intelligent defenders with good positioning and antizipation, you can try to „step up“. If they are pacy or you simply want to take less risks, then ask them to „drop off“

Edited by CARRERA

12 saat önce, CARRERA said:

„Stop crosses“ and „invite crosses“ is somewhat related to the old defensive width instruction, but only in your defensive third. It instructs your players to either move into the wide areas to limit the oppositions crossing opportunities (at the cost of opening up the center). Or to focus on shutting down the center (at the cost of leaving wide areas rather open).

— usually you want to play to your teams strength. In your system with just one wide player I would properbly „invite crosses“ and shut down the center. This should be no problem if you have physically strong defenders.

„Step up“ and „drop down“ is about how your players behave if a ball is played behind their defensive line. Do you either want them to „step up“ and force an offside situation, or do you want them to „drop off“ and try to protect the space?

— if you have intelligent defenders with good positioning and antizipation, you can try to „step up“. If they are pacy or you simply want to take less risks, then ask them to „drop off“

thanks for your answer. Just asking for a start. What would you prefer in this line-up?

1 hour ago, neptune'sblue said:

thanks for your answer. Just asking for a start. What would you prefer in this line-up?

I would ask my team to invite crosses or leave it unticked and I would neither have them step up or drop off - leaving it unticket

On 30/04/2023 at 09:01, neptune'sblue said:

Hi everyone

I am one of the best teams in the league. That's why I want to build an effective team on offense. I have a few ideas about offense. For example, the DLF seems to fall deep and the SS invades its space.
But I don't know how to defend. I'm outnumbered on the wings so I use the stop crosses instruction for the cross. but I still concede a goal in crosses. I didn't quite understand these instructions this year. I mean stop crosses , step up more instructions. Can you help me understand these instructions?

Tactic

Drop the BWM for a DLP. Swap the AP to MEZ(a).

Edited by Cloud9

On 01.05.2023 at 16:47, CARRERA said:

I would ask my team to invite crosses or leave it unticked and I would neither have them step up or drop off - leaving it unticket

thanks for advice. I will try.

On 01.05.2023 at 20:52, Cloud9 said:

Drop the BWM for a DLP. Swap the AP to MEZ(a).

Actually, my problem is not with the player roles.my problem is team instructions. Player roles may have an effect on conceding a lot of goals, but I'm trying to understand team instructions. thanks for your suggestion