Promotion Playoffs in Leagues with a Group Structure

MRC

Hello everyone!

In one of my databases, I decided to include a big league with 180 teams at the bottom of the system.
Now that league is supposed to be played in a group system, meaning 9 groups with 20 teams each. (so not subdivisions, but actual groups)

I would like to have each of the 9 group winners play a promotion playoff against the bottom 9 teams of the league above. So one group winner plays two legs against the 20th, winner goes to/stays in the upper league, loser goes to/stays in the lower league. Another group winner plays the 19th, another one the 18th and so on.

What's the best way to go about this via AR?

On a sidenote: How do I tell the game that B-teams and main teams cannot play in the same division or that B teams in general cannot be promoted beyond a certain division level? (and that their promotion spot therefore goes to the next eligible team if they would either be promoted into a league without B teams or into a league where their main team plays)

And while already on the topic of that division - I just got the following error:
RankingError.jpg.e0be56faed549188f6cbc1ce435673f7.jpg

Under Ranking Info, I have set the following:

Ranking.thumb.jpg.44bd4e221cccaab45bab5c5242329251.jpg

So basically just a normal table, position 0 to 19 - so no idea where the 84 expected teams are coming from and why this doesn't line up.

Edit: So in case anyone has the same problem: The issue here seems to have lied in the Ranking Level Info. Even though what I had set there previously didn't add up to 84, once it did add up to 180 the error was gone.

This means, in my case, telling the game that there are 9 teams with rank 0 who are on top of the league, because I have 9 individual groups.

Edited by MRC
Solved