How does the Cities Attraction number get decided?

I'm currently building a FM NCAA save and for some of the college's cities they aren't all in the fm database already. So the new cities I am making/ having to add that aren't in there, so I need to find a Attraction number 1-20. So my question is how does that number get picked or calculated. I'm guessing the number depends on the location and population of the city but just wondering how FM really decides that number is what i'm curious for.

42 minutes ago, shirtlessgibbyy said:

I'm currently building a FM NCAA save and for some of the college's cities they aren't all in the fm database already. So the new cities I am making/ having to add that aren't in there, so I need to find a Attraction number 1-20. So my question is how does that number get picked or calculated. I'm guessing the number depends on the location and population of the city but just wondering how FM really decides that number is what i'm curious for.

It's a rating which tells how the city is attractive to live in in national scale (I believe it's national not worldwide). If you are not sure how to rate them, you can always compare the newly created city to an existing one (like cities with similar population).