Scouting AI Tactics On An Unbeaten Run

FM23 players only - When an AI team is on an unbeaten run in your league, has anyone requested a team report to scout them and find out their formation and the pros and cons etc. so you can try to adapt it to your team in hope for an unbeaten run, and had success with it? Especially if you're on a poor run of form. J

Just wondered if anyone's done this before and whether you feel the scout reports for a team provide enough information to successfully, not directly copy, but guide you towards the style of play they're playing based on the information, pros/cons, stats provided - and it be successful

Limited utility in this I feel, unless they're a very similar side to yourself. A lot of the teams I face have players I wouldn't particularly make use of or are, at this stage in my save, inferior and so cannot live up to as demanding roles. 

The shapes/formations they line up and how they counter them is possibly of use. I've adapted a number of formations based on looking at what beats the rival teams I'm struggling with. 

16 hours ago, santy001 said:

The shapes/formations they line up and how they counter them is possibly of use. I've adapted a number of formations based on looking at what beats the rival teams I'm struggling with. 

Not sure if I read this correctly. Are you scouting the team, finding out what formation opposition teams played to beat them? And where are you finding this information? I receive information in my inbox but I often ignore it as I don't trust the reports and I have my own style of play anyway, although maybe I should be using a formation which the opposition have been beaten by multiple times during the season. But obviously, it would depend on you have the players for the formation and whether you can get the formation to click. Which is why I was thinking about the scout report on teams and trying to use pros/cons /number of crosses etc. (or lack of) etc, that sort of thing to try and copy what they're doing to the best of the information provided. 

@ZWS I'm by no way great with tactics, but not too in-depth. Just to get a surface level understanding of what shapes they've faced up against. So Arsenal are one of my main contenders in the league, recently lost to Fulham so I just click into the game:

ac75041aeda75c3e2c80b1e13ae145d5.png

I can see the 4-3-3 has caused them problems, click in to get more details, see the heatmap etc:

dffac1548a832619aa3dfc51f43f1a57.png

Check some other games, AS Monaco also got a result out of them with the same shape as did Liverpool. I know that a 4-3-3 in some guise is likely to work well against them. How I then shape my team to that varies. However, I have a 4-4-2, 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 all ready to go. 

It isn't a sure thing, but seeing which formations consistently yield results against a team can identify where there are weaknesses. My current 3 shapes are based on the most common weaknesses other teams in my league have. 

I still think the best way of scouting the opposition is watching highlight of their games and taking note of repeating patterns. 
Your even need to watch full highlights, just by watching the highlight of the goals they score you will start seeing patterns very quickly